Chapter 40: Rage Blackout

Hunter's POV

'Should I just get contact lenses'

I asked myself as I stared at my reflection in the mirror.

'The color of my eyes isn't changing back'

'Of course, if I got lenses it would become painfully obvious to everyone and it will stir up more questions'

'I'm already stressing wondering what I'll answer when Amanda asks me about last night'

'I have to control myself, Amanda isn't still not fully back to normal, she still panics when I'm away from her for a long time and I know she's still having trouble sleeping so I have to pull myself together. I can't start saying such crap or she might overthink it and it might affect her health'

'I have to be OK for her, I have to put on a smile and be positive, her recovery is the only important thing right now. I never want to see her in that panicked state again'

I didn't mean to say something like that, especially to her, I just got carried away with my emotions because prior to everything I had received a call from Steve that left a bitter taste in my mouth.

I wanted to forget what he told me and the only thing I could come up with was sex, me drinking till I dropped would have just created another issue. I selfishly did what I wanted with Amanda without even thinking about how she'd feel. She asked me countless times to stop but I—

I sighed and then wiped my face. I heard a loud thud coming from my room, I immediately rushed out of the bathroom and found Amanda on the ground.

"Amanda what happened, did you fall off the bed," I asked with a light laugh.

"My legs feel numb" She complained trying to stand again.

I walked to her and then picked her up in my arms.

"You do know the only clothing you have on is my shirt right, are you trying to provoke me" I teased.

She didn't say anything but just held on to me. She avoided my gaze and looked at anything but me.

"Where did you want to head to anyway," I asked.

"Bathroom, I want to take a bath" She replied.

I started walking to the bathroom with her in my hands, when I walked in, I closed the toilet seat and then put her down so she could sit there.