Bonus Chapter

Zane's POV

"5..."

"4..."

"3..."

"2..."

"1-"

"We are here!" Enzo exclaimed excitedly as he rushed to enter the car, his tie and shoes clutched in his hands.

Luna followed suit, both of them panting as they settled into the back seat.

"Put your uniform on properly," I ordered.

"Give me a minute" he said.

"Alright, Uncle Brian, we can start off," Luna said.

Enzo couldn't help but make a playful jab at me. "This should be considered illegal. I'm going to expose you to Mom and Dad one of these days. You're not just expressionless in the morning but also heartless," he remarked, feigning indignation.

At thirteen years old, Enzo had grown into a spirited teenager. Luna and the twins had already turned fourteen, while I, Zane, was already eighteen,already in my final year of high school.

"I'm not expressionless, and what's there to complain about? I'm ensuring you get to school on time. Instead of being bratty about it, be thankful I don't make you walk all the way to school again. Besides, even if you were to tell our parents, who do you think they'll believe in the end?" I replied, my tone laced with a mix of authority and amusement.

"You take forever to bathe and dress up, like you have to search for clothes to wear when all you have to do is put on the same uniform you wear every day," I commented, pointing out their tendency to procrastinate.

"That's so not fair! You made that bet knowing you'll always win, didn't you?" Luna accused, a hint of frustration evident in her voice.

My younger siblings always took their sweet time getting ready for school, resulting in us consistently arriving twenty minutes after classes had started. I had suggested to my parents that I take a separate car or allow them to drive me to school as they went to work, but that sparked a debate. They assumed I fought with my siblings, which led to my "heartless" behavior.

The idea of separate transportation quickly got dismissed, as it was seen as unnecessary. Public transportation was an option, but I didn't want to be seen riding it by anyone at school or in the media. I also didn't want to give up the comfort of a nice car just for the sake of avoiding my siblings.

To solve my dilemma, I devised a bet. For some reason, my siblings were obsessed with one-upping each other. If one of us made it to the car before the clock hit 7:30, the other two had to walk to and from school if they failed to reach the car within five minutes of the first person's arrival. Failure to fulfill the punishment, snitching, or getting a ride from the twins resulted in me taking away something they valued dearly.

I had assumed that they would be motivated to be ready for school on time, considering their competitive nature. But, alas, I was always the first one to reach the car.

It was entertaining, though, seeing them return home tired and sweaty, their clothes in disarray from being chased by dogs. There was never a dull moment with my family.

"Not at all. I just made the misjudgment of thinking you two actually had functioning brains," I retorted, a smirk crossing my face.

"Did you just imply we don't have brains?" Enzo exclaimed, faux outrage coloring his voice.

"Uncle, you're hearing him, right? He's insulting us," Luna claimed, seeking validation from our uncle, Brian.

Uncle Brian chuckled, clearly amused by our banter. "I can't hear anything, I'm sorry, princess. I'm just here to protect you, nothing more. I don't want to take sides. I learned my lesson with my kids. It's better if I just let them figure it out," he answered, his voice filled with light-heartedness.