Chapter 31: At The Hospital...

Amanda's POV

I stared at the misty environment outside through the hospital window. We were in the waiting area just outside the ICU.

Hunter had been in the operating room for 6 whole hours, when we got to the hospital he had lost a lot of blood so they immediately took him to the operations room. A nurse told us that one of the pieces of class pieced through his abdomen and into his liver, he also sustained a fractured rib.

After that, they transferred him to the ICU.

I honestly couldn't believe what was happening, I still hadn't fully grasped what had happened, it felt like it wasn't happening to us but just someone else. Things were finally starting to fall into place but then that had to happen.

"You okay," Skylar asked placing a hand on my shoulder.

I averted my gaze from the window.

"I don't know" I replied.

She wrapped her hands around me from behind and rested her chin on my shoulder.

"Don't worry, he'll be okay. Everything will be okay" she assured, even though I could tell she was shaking, she was just as scared.

"For how long though, this is becoming a continuous circle. Every time we get a bit of happiness someone always comes along and ruins it. I'm so tired of this" I blurted out.

She let go of me.

"Amanda what-"

"All this is my fault, I was the reason we lost him the first time and now. I'm causing him nothing but pain, I'm getting tired of this and I'm sure he is too. I should have done more to cut ties with Ethan, heck I should have stayed away from that man from the beginning"I stated as tears started pouring from my eyes.

" don't do this to yourself, Amanda, none of this was your fault I don't think it has ever been your fault, you were just a victim of chance and circumstances. I've seen firsthand how much you love Hunter. You have been away from each other for years but your feelings for him never changed. Don't blame yourself for anything, if you're to point fingers then we are all at fault, he was being tortured right there at home when all of us were present but we were all ignorant"Skylar assured.

I wiped my tears.

"How's Zack keeping up," I asked changing the topic.

"He doesn't have it any better, he hasn't said anything since we got here, and he has this scary look in his eyes, I'm worried if the doctor doesn't bring back good news, he'll do something bad" She explained.

I turned to the ICU ward entrance, I saw Zack staring intensely at the door.

A short while later a doctor walked out of the ICU. I quickly rushed to the man.

"Doctor how is he," I asked.

"The good news is we managed to stop the bleeding, and we did what we could so There is a low chance of scaring....." The man explained.

"Does that mean we can go and see him? He's alright right" Zack asked.

"Unfortunately though physically everything has been dealt with, unfortunately, there seems to be some Brain damage, I checked his medical report and I'm not an expert in psychology but it seems he was showing signs of brain malfunction caused by traumatic brain injury we had no choice. He is currently in a shock-induced coma. Even if his injuries physically are all healed we don't know the length of damage his brain has" He added.

"W-what" I asked.

" he might have heard or recalled a lot of memories at once and his brain couldn't take it. I'll call in some people to help out. If we don't do anything now, his brain might start self-destructing "The doctor elaborated.