Chapter 39: Mi cielo

Amanda's POV

"Thank you for bringing your father's medicine," Mom said with a bright smile.

"It's nothing, I know in his current condition Dad shouldn't be going around a lot and it's not like you can leave him alone at home" I commented.

"You seem tired have you been eating properly, you haven't fainted again right," She asked.

My mother had changed a lot, I didn't know if it was all just an act or if she truly did change. She started to treat me the same way she treated me when I was a child. Although I was helping them out we never really tried to fix our family and talk things out.

"No, Hunter has been ensuring I take all my meals on time for the past few weeks, I still have some trouble sleeping but it's getting better" I assured.

She paused and just stared at me for a brief moment.

"You got back together, I know I have no right to say this but I'm worried for you. That man is dangerous and it's not just about him threatening us back then it's just —he seems to attract trouble, because of his family we lost Blue and later because he got kidnapped and that hospital blew up you suffered a heart attack and now your health somehow seems to be deteriorating" She explained.

"It's too little too late for you to advise me on the type of man I should be with. I know he's dangerous but he is the only man I feel safe with, he is the one who loves me unconditionally, he's the one who wipes away my tears and goes out of his way to make me happy, I can't leave him" I said.

She cupped my cheeks and then wrapped my hands around me.

"This is all my fault, had I been a better mother. Had I not been greedy and materialistic, then all my children would have been here. Things would have turned out different, you wouldn't have to fill in the void left by us with the love of that man. I'm sorry you have to suffer the most because of my selfishness" She apologized.

She was sobbing, I didn't know if I should console her or just continue standing there.

"I'm going to tell Hunter about me helping you " I spoke up.

She pulled away, her eyes were wide.

"No, that man will kill your father and I, you can't tell him please Amanda" She pleaded.

"Things are finally going right between him and I, I don't want to keep secrets from him" I defended.

"But —"

"All he did was threaten you because he was angry, he could never kill you. He had countless reasons and chances but he never did kill you so don't brand him as a murderer. You are my family, my business, and my responsibility, I personally volunteered to help you because I wanted to, I'm using my money, Hunter will understand" I defended.

————

"How is it, " Hunter asked.

I smiled.

"It's delicious as usual" I assured.

"I'm glad you like it" He replied.

"It getting quite late, isn't Zack and Skylar back," I asked.

It was close to 9 Pm already, I was starting to get worried about them. Hunter didn't seem concerned though.

"Oh them. Don't worry they are spending the night out. Zack mention something about going to visit Skylar's parents apparently the mother saw the scene Zack caused on my birthday introducing her to the world like that, so her parents want to meet him. The place is quite far so they'll be spending the weekend at most" He explained.