Chapter 12: Ginger

Skylar's POV

"I didn't think I'd ever see that seen again" Amanda commented as we walked.

"Oh the fight, you seem quite happy about it" I noted.

She chuckled.

"I found them bickering like that comforting, it's been a while-oh no don't think that was a real fight or anything, I've seen How ugly and serious it gets when they fight for real. Zack is just jealous, I don't think he is really angry" she explained.

"You seemed familiar with that scene, Did Hunter and Zack fight a lot"

"Not really, they did tease each other a lot and their chose of wording sometimes was a bit suspicious but Anyway I always pictured little children saying that instead of grown men" she explained.

She smiled.

"I see. you should take the main road when going back, I'll try to find Zack and help him and Rai patch things up"I assured.

She stared at me as she stopped walking. She smiled. We were just outside the entrance of the hospital.

"I'll leave it up to you then, I'll prepare everything at home, call me when you are almost home" she ordered.

"Alright but, it was just a headache you know, he doesn't need all this extra attention" I advised.

"I know but I want to grab any opportunity I can to pamper him"

'Its been such a long time since she saw Hunter how can she'

"Amanda pardon me for asking but are you still in love with Hunter or is this just guilt because you blame yourself for what happened to him" I blurted out.

Her smile dropped.

"What an odd question- I don't know Maybe it's guilt, maybe I do still love him, what I know is I'm happy he is alive" she explained.

"Uh you should get going before it gets too dark," I said changing the topic.

"Bye," she waved then walked away.

"You made my little Honey uncomfortable" I heard a voice in a corner making me flinch.

"Zack" I called.

I walked to that corner and there he was, smoking a cigarette. It was a bit dark out making his golden eyes seemed brighter.

"Why did you ask her such a question," he asked huffing out some smoke.

'He was listening in on our conversation'

"Did it sound that rude?" I asked.

"Rude? not really but it did make her uncomfortable, didn't it? I don't like it when someone makes her or Hunter upset" he stated.

He seemed really scary and intimidating. I noticed he didn't smile a lot around other people only when he was around Rai did he seem to have a smile permanently stuck on his face.

'He's much easier to talk to when he is all smiles and being playful'

"I-I didn't mean to make her upset, she's my friend so I thought it would be OK to ask" I stated.

"Why do you look so scared, I'm not going to eat you....hmm eating you?- Eating you out, Well that doesn't sound like such a bad idea though" he replied with a smirk.