Chapter 23: Fear

Zack's POV

"Finally asleep," I thought aloud.

I gently removed Amanda's arm off me and then placed her on the bed, After what happened she cried so much and clung to me, she would panic and clench my shirt every time I tried to move. She was really scared.

As I placed her on the bed I noticed her hand had a bruise. I gently rubbed her wrist.

'I can't believe Rai shook you up to this point'

'I don't think I've ever seen you this scared'

"It will start to fade by tomorrow" Skylar spoke up.

I turned my head slightly and saw her standing by the door.

"Where is Rai right now," I asked.

"Uh, the therapist gave him some pills that put him to sleep again. She's in the living room currently" Skylar explained.

I stood up and walked into the living room.

"Can I talk to you for a minute? "The doctor asked.

I nodded and walked outside with her. She didn't say anything for a while so I spoke up first.

" did you call me out here to enjoy the night sky "I asked.

" I'm figuring out a way to mince my words. It's pretty bad, he needs serious attention and care. The best course of action is to put him in a psychiatric hospital, —"my Eyes widened.

"Woah just slow down, are you seriously suggesting I put him in a mental asylum, what kind of sick joke is that" I quickly defended.

"This isn't the time to be sentential, I know the both of you have your issues about asylums especially him but what he needs is to be on a constant watch especially now, his memories are all messed up. He hurt the woman he claims to love, what if he hurts you next time or himself are you willing to take that risk? Shock therapy is another option to help him recover quickly but I know for sure that will be a definite no" she explained.

"How dare you suggest such a thing right now, Shit there has to be another option, I have no problem taking care of him 24/7 but I can't put him in a place like that, I don't want him to suffer any more than he already is much less subdue him to shock therapy" I stated.

I ran a hand through my hair.

"Yes you can be next to him 24/7 but you can't provide what he needs. He's in a very vulnerable state right now, it looks like we hit a breaking through, and now he will recall things even without therapy. For now, just consider getting him off this island "

"What about earlier, why was he acting like that"

"It's the same as when he got caught up in a trance back then. He was being controlled by his emotions and didn't have control of his actions, when I was talking to him, he suddenly snapped out of it and started to panic about what he had done. That's why I'm emphasizing the idea of sending him to an asylum" she stated.

"I don't think it has gotten to that yet. Just give me a few days to think about this" I pleaded.

"I'm heading to the city tomorrow morning, you can just contact me when you are ready and I'll prepare everything" She assured.

I took out a cigarette and then lit it.

"Doing that won't take your problem away" She said.

"Well, it will make my mind foggy so I don't have to overthink this. Thank you for your work today doctor, I'll call you soon" I stated.