Chapter 32: Escaping

"Okay, everyone knows the plan right," Zack asked.

"Yes," we all agreed.

"Amanda I know you are worried about Hunter's safety but we all are so don't go around doing something stupid like running to that asshole, when he wakes up, I don't want to start explaining to him that his fiancé ran into the arms of another man," Zack said slowly.

"I understand" I replied.

He pat my head.

"Skylar, I'm sorry you have to get caught up in all this mess but I promise, I'll make sure we get out of this alive" Zack assured.

Skylar nodded her head clenching Hunter's wheelchair. I walked over to him and then got on my knees.

"My love, I know you can hear me, I'm sure you must be worried sick but don't worry we'll all get out of this alive, Zack assured me this and if one of us gets killed it's on him," I said.

"Hey what's up with that, it's like you don't trust me. Come on we've spent too much time here, we are sitting ducks. The ambulance will be ready by the time we reach the ground floor let's move" Zack said with a grin.

Brian was the first to walk out followed by Zack then me then Skylar and Hunter.

The hallway was clear, it was completely deserted. Zack and Brian checked every room before we could proceed forward.

When we reached close to the elevators, I noticed there was a crowd of people fighting to get into the elevators. It was chaotic, they kept pressing the button, and others were trying to force them open.

One of the elevator doors opened, a couple of people walked out from the elevator and started gunning everyone and everything in sight.

"Head to the stairs" Zack whispered.

Sky was frozen to her spot unable to move. She was shaking all over watching a bunch of bodies dropping to the ground.

"Skylar snap out of it, if we don't move they'll see us" Zack reminded.

"R-right" She agreed.

We started sneaking away towards the staircase which was on the other end of the hall.

"Hey, there they are" I heard someone scream followed by the sound of gunshots close by.

"Run" Zack yelled.

He and Brian took out their guns and started firing at the group of men that came out of the elevator later on. Skylar and I quickly hide inside one of the open rooms.

I quickly inspected Hunter's body to see if any gunshot had landed on him but lucky there was nothing.

"We are going to die" Skylar chanted as she covered her ears.

The sound of gunshots being exchanged continued, it was the only sound to be heard outside.

"Sk-"

"They are going to kill us," she said.

I stood up and then wrapped my hands around her.

"I know it's scary, I'm scared too but we have to be brave, just focus on getting out of here alive, the rest will follow suit" I advised

"But Amanda this is too much, this isn't a movie, this is real. People are trying to kill us, they gunned down all those people at the elevator without even looking at them, if they could do that to some people who aren't even involved imagine what will happen if they-"

"Have faith, you wouldn't guess the number of times such a thing has happened but we still managed to survive" I assured. I pulled away.

"Besides I'm here, I know how to fight and handle a gun, as long as you stay close I can protect you" I assured with a laugh.