Chapter 27: NYC

Zack's POV

"Get in here" Hunter screamed as he tossed me into an empty room.

We were about 14 or 15 at the time, It was the time I had just finished my treatment for the brain tumor and found out exactly how Hunter managed to make it happen.

"Why are you so upset, I thought you would be happy, "I asked.

He rubbed his forehead and then slapped me hard across the face using the back of his hand, he was panting, his eyes turned a completely green hue.

Why was he angry though?

"You would I would be happy, how in the world would I be happy? You fucking sold yourself to the Mafia, you just ruined all my scarifies, are you that stupid I gave you a chance to run away and start a new life but foolishly ruined it" He screamed.

I held my cheek as my vision became blurry with tears.

"Why did you make all these scarifies for a stranger you are not related to in any way, we just met two years ago but you have done so much, you sold yourself to my mafia for my sake, you have been killing people for them just so I could lead a happy life. Why?" I asked.

He looked surprised by my question, it looked like even he didn't know the answer.

He clenched his fists.

"Just shut up and go back and tell that man you are backing out, it's not too late" he ordered.

"No, I'm not" I declared wiping my tears.

He glared at me.

"I just want to repay you for everything you've done," I said but that wasn't the real reason

"You don't belong in this world, you have much more to live for, you just got a second chance at life, is this how you want to spend it? I'm not asking you to be a hero or to save the world, you must have dreams rights, dreams ambitions, and goals all those things precious to you just clench them tightly and never let go no matter what, if you wish to repay me that's all I want from you just stand prideful with these things achieved and I'll consider us even" He explained.