Chapter 9: Roomies

Amanda's POV.

"It couldn't be Justin right," I asked.

"Justin is dead, we all saw it remember, it can't possibly be him" Zack reminded.

His gaze was stuck on Hunter so was mine. Brian, Zack, and I were seated in the living room while Hunter and Skylar were in the kitchen, Hunter kept following her around like a puppy, he didn't even turn to glance at me once.

The house was small, but it felt cozy, the kitchen door was wide enough to see inside if kept open, There was no TV or radio in the living room, just a window of the dark ocean view in the distance. There was a coffee table made of bamboo in between the sofa that was very close, I could see three other doors.

"What about Mr. Craver's brother, we have no actual record of his death, when I fought him, He was hit by something when the first bomb went off but when we were rushing out, his body wasn't there, I figured he got burnt, he was declared dead as well" Brian explained.

"Why didn't you report this to me," Zack asked.

"Hey lower your voice" I scolded.

"Sir you weren't in the right frame of mind to make any decisions at the time, a lot of things happened at once, I'm sorry" Brian apologized.

"No matter, it's pointless now, for now, I want you to find out if that asshole is still alive. Do it discretely, no one should find out where we are" Zack ordered.

"I'll do this job personally, you shouldn't worry about it. But what about your protection, I can't leave you here without any help, Mr. Craver especially, Maybe we should involve Mr. Steve -"

"No, we can't take chances by involving more people. I can take care of him, I'll protect Hunter and Amanda, you just focus on the job I gave you" Zack ordered.

"Yes sir " he replied.

"Brian you found him for us, thank you for this. You went out of your when you didn't -"

"Don't say that sir, You and Mr. Hunter have raised me since I was just ten years, you have taken care of me and given me a home, I think of you as my family, this is the least I could do to make my family whole" Brian explained.

Zack tilted his head slightly, he stared at Brian for a while.

"Brian lean closer" Zack ordered.

Brian did as he was told without question. Zack raised his hand and ruffled Brian's hair.

"I told you not to say such stuff in public, everyone listening will think I'm an old man, who raised you up. To think you were once an innocent and naïve 11 year old " Zack commented.

Brian kept his gaze down even when Zack stopped. I could see he was grinning, a few compliments were enough to make him so happy. He was like a little dog getting petted by his owner.

"Then can I get a reward," Brian asked.

"Of course. Just name it" Zack assured.

"Then Sir, just once I'd like to hear you say you are Proud of me," Brian asked.

'What?. He could have asked for anything and all he wants is for Zack to praise him '

"I'm already proud, I've always been- Ahem I mean of course you were the first one to be personally raised by me and Hunter, of course, you'd turn out reliable" Zack commented.