Chapter 30: Big Brother

3RD Person POV

'What the hell was I thinking? How could I manhandle her like that'

Rai thought to himself recalling what had happened. He rolled around the bed.

"Should I apologize, doesn't that count as sexual harassment? I was touching her inappropriately" he commented.

Zack chuckled as he closed his laptop. He had been finishing up some work when Rai budged into his room looking distressed and panicking about what happened when he was in a trance state the evening before.

"Isn't it sexual harassment if one party doesn't like the act? From what you told me rather it seemed she wanted it too. What triggered your memories though, it's been months since such a thing happened. When I came home you were already out cold" Zack advised.

"Oh uh" Rai was hurriedly looking for an excuse, he didn't want to tell Zack what had happened.

"Is it something bad? Should I just go and ask Brian, he is in charge of looking after you 24/7 after all" Zack asked with a smile that was both sinister and eerie.

Rai sighed. He knew Brian would eventually tell on him.

"You see, Amanda's ex was harassing her outside the house and I guess jealousy took over or rather Hunter" Rai explained.

Zack's brow raised.

"Amanda's ex," he asked.

"Yeah, that guy is seriously scary, if I wouldn't be able to talk back to him if I'm like this. He was so rude to Amanda -do you know he left bruises on her wrist? I got so angry I almost snapped him in two. I don't know how trash like that managed to get her attention. For a second he seemed scared of me but I was probably imagining" Rai ranted.

"Did he see your face?" Zack asked.

"No, I'm still not allowed to be in sunlight or near strong heat so I made sure I covered up properly, I even put on sunglasses" Rai assured.

"Don't worry, I'll get back at him for you. He dared touch my sister-in-law and leave bruises. That's unforgivable, How would you like him dished out" Zack asked.

"Don't do anything to him, I don't want trouble not yet, let's just focus on the party you want to throw. Is there any special preparation I'm supposed to know" Rai asked.

"Not particularly but the press might ask you difficult questions so we have to think of a proper back story that will satisfy their curiosity. It would be overwhelming if you suddenly appeared on your birthday so I thought of releasing the news online and on the news beforehand" Zack explained.

"I'm not a celebrity or the president is it necessary to be that dramatic," Rai asked making Zack chuckle.

"You're not an ordinary businessman either. H&Z is quite famous you know, but I don't mind keeping you hidden like this. Your life is safer" Zack said.

"We can't keep me hidden forever, eventually it will leak out. Take you finding me on the island as an example" Rai commented.

"I guess so" Zack agreed stretching his hands.

"Where is Skylar, I haven't seen her much lately" Rai asked.

"Oh, I think she is in her room right now. She has been rather busy seeing as we finally managed to get her job back" Zack explained.

Rai glanced at him.

"You two have gotten quiet close lately. You even went as far as going out of your way to get her job back" Rai commented.