Chapter 6 Is it a success?

You have to admit what you do, and you have to bear the consequences of the evil you do. This is what my mother said to me in her previous life. He thought that he and his daughter had to do what his mother said. Although they might not be willing, he was willing to help them be a person who would do what they said.

At the same time, in the flower hall where the Duke's Mansion hosted a banquet for female guests, Yan Jingyu was helping her mother to entertain daughters of the same age as herself among the female relatives who came to celebrate her grandmother's birthday.

Her appearance is delicate and beautiful, her eyebrows are gentle, and there is a spring-like smile on the corner of her mouth. She is considerate and considerate in dealing with people and things, and her temperament is also generous and easy-going, which makes people look amiable. Some of her outstanding bearing, coupled with her status as the prostitute of the Duke's Mansion, although she still has a few months to reach Jiji's age, the suitors are already like crucian carp crossing the river, almost breaking through the threshold of the Duke of An's Mansion.

It's just that An Guogong and his wife love their young daughter very much, and they don't want to marry their daughter early, so Yan Jingyu is still in her boudoir, so many people speculate that maybe An Guogong and his wife have greater expectations for their daughter. However, what outsiders don't know is that it is true that An Guogong and his wife love their young daughter, but the real reason why Yan Jingyu has not settled on a marriage is that she already has a heart and does not want him to marry.

Thinking of the person she loves, Yan Jingyu couldn't help but flash a glimmer of light in her smiling eyes, but soon, her eyes darkened again. She glanced out of the flower hall unobtrusively, but she didn't see the person she wanted to see, and she couldn't help feeling a little uneasy in her heart.

According to the plan, if things went smoothly, Biyun should come to tell him, but the person hasn't shown up yet, could something have happened?

"Sister Yu, what's wrong with you? Are you tired?" Beside Yan Jingyu, Xue Wenxuan, the daughter of the Minister of Rites and also a friend of Yan Jingyu's boudoir, asked with concern when she saw that Yan Jingyu was not in the right place.

Yan Jingyu came back to her senses, smiled softly, and said: "I'm fine, it's just that I seem to have drunk too much plum wine, I'm greedy."

Seeing that Yan Jingyu was fine, Xue Wenxuan smiled in relief, and said: "In that case, then don't drink any more, eat more vegetables, suppress the alcohol, and you'll be fine after a while." After saying that, she gave Yan Jingyu a pinch A piece of ginger fish fillet was put into the small bowl in front of Yan Jingyu.

"Thank you, Sister Xuan." Yan Jingyu thanked with a smile, and then picked up the ginger fish fillet in the bowl and ate it.

Ginger juice can relieve hangovers, and fish meat is fragrant, which is just suitable for a drunk person like her, and her friends are considerate and considerate, so she will naturally not be ungrateful.

Not long after, Yan Jingyu finally saw the person she had been waiting for for a long time appear. She loosened her handkerchief and dropped her handkerchief. Although the maid who served beside her immediately picked up the handkerchief, she could no longer use it. .

Then he got up, and said apologetically to the people at the same table: "I'm sorry, everyone, I'll go and change a veil, and I'll return right away."

Naturally, the people at the same table wouldn't mind, but there were some people who were puzzled, it was just a veil, and it was fine to ask the servants to bring it to you. Why do you have to go get it yourself? Only some older people knew that this was probably an excuse Yan Jingyu had to leave the meeting because of something.

Yan Jingyu's footsteps were not too fast, and she quickly left the flower hall, and she didn't stop until she reached a secluded corridor, and Biyun followed closely behind.

"How, what's the matter?" Although there was no one around, Yan Jingyu lowered her voice and asked Biyun urgently with a bit of nervousness.

Biyun nodded, with obvious joy on his face, and said in a low voice: "Miss, it's done, that little maid started yelling when she found out about the second young master, and the Duke has already been called away from the front hall mat." Yes , I heard that they brought a lot of people with them, looking very angry."

Compared to Biyun's happy expression, Yan Jingyu's expression did not change much, except for the sudden brightening of her eyes, she was only held tightly by her tightly clenched hands. A thing or two leaked out of my restless heart.

Seeing that her young lady was so indifferent, Biyun couldn't help calming down, knowing that the young lady wanted to hear more than that, she continued: "...Although many people heard the little maid's yelling, they only knew that something happened to the second young master. Yes, but I don't know exactly what happened. The slave girl went to the big kitchen in the outer courtyard according to your previous instructions, and found a few wretched wives who love to gossip. The young master... things have spread. We have so many guests at our house today, and it will take a few days for the whole capital to spread—"

Bi Yun finished speaking in one breath, panting slightly and looking at her house Miss, I saw my young lady finally showed a satisfied smile on her face, and said to her: "Very good, you did a good job."

Bi Yun felt relieved.

The important matter in her heart was over, Yan Jingyu could only feel an indescribable lightness all over her body. Tomorrow, everyone will know that Yan Jingshu had an affair with a foreigner on the day of her grandmother's birthday. Such a shameless and unfilial person will no longer have a foothold in Beijing, and he is even less qualified to compete with her elder brother.

Thinking that the annoying person would finally stop being an eyesore to her and her mother, Yan Jingyu maintained an unprecedentedly good mood, and returned to the flower hall with light and joyful steps.

The banquet was going on as usual, but no one noticed that a sensational rumor gradually spread throughout the Duke's mansion among the servants of Duke An's mansion. They also overheard a few words and kept them secretly in their hearts...

Jin Wuxi fell to the west, the banquet had already ended, and the guests began to leave one after another. An Guogong, his wife and Yan Jingyu personally sent the guests to the door. As for why Yan Jingshu, the second son of An Guogong, did not appear together, An Guogong explained that Yan Jingshu was unwell. No matter what they thought in their hearts, everyone was naturally concerned, and then they left leave.

"Master, Shu'er is sick? When did this happen? Why doesn't this concubine know?" The last guest left before the servant closed the door. Mrs. Xie frowned slightly and turned to look at An Guogong. asked.

"Oh, you don't know, it's..." An Guogong was about to blurt out subconsciously, but he suddenly remembered Yan Jingshu's instructions, and quickly changed his words, saying: "Uh, it's just at the lunch table, but it's nothing serious, it's already gone I've seen the doctor, and I'll be fine after two days of rest. Didn't I send someone to tell you immediately because I was afraid you would be worried."

Mrs. Xie frowned slightly. She wanted to ask something else, but An Guogong said, "I'll go and tell my mother," and turned around to go to Rong'an Courtyard.

"Mom, daddy said that, the second brother is definitely fine, so don't worry too much." Yan Jingyu couldn't be more aware of Yan Jingshu's situation now, but she would not be so stupid as to speak out, just holding Xie's arm , comforted intimately.

But Mrs. Xie's expression did not ease much. As the head mistress of Duke An's Mansion, she has controlled the whole mansion for many years. She doesn't like the feeling of being shunned and concealed, especially from her husband.

After contemplating for a moment, Mrs. Xie told the maid beside her: "Su Xin, go to the Second Young Master's side and have a look, and ask how the Second Young Master is sick."

"Yes." After saluting, the maidservant in lotus-colored dress was about to take orders and leave.

"No need." Yan Jingyu reached out her hand to stop Su Xin, and said with a bit of contempt and disgust on her face: "Second brother did such shameless things, even if mother asked him, he would not tell the truth Yes ."

Xie frowned slightly, with serious eyes, and asked: "What's going on?"

Yan Jingyu gestured to Biyun behind her, and said: "Tell Madam what you heard. "

"Yes." Biyun took a step forward, and then during the lunch banquet, Yan Jingshu was having an affair with a foreigner in private in the room, and was bumped into by a little maid, so that half of the Duke's mansion could hear the yelling. The thing, said it slowly.

"It's impossible!" After hearing this, Mrs. Xie immediately denied it.

Although she didn't like her second son since she was a child, and she didn't even want to take a second look, she also knew his character and character, and he would never be the kind of person who would have sex with an elder on his birthday.

Seeing that her mother didn't believe her, Yan Jingyu was a little surprised and anxious, and hurriedly said: "This is the real mother. Many servants saw it at the time. If you don't believe it, just ask anyone in the mansion. Everyone knows about it. Mother ..."

Yan Jingyu desperately hoped that her mother would believe everything she said, but as she spoke, she gradually became quiet under Xie Shi's silent but hard to conceal deep gaze.

"You follow me." After staring at Yan Jingyu for a long time, Mrs. Xie said a word, and before Yan Jingyu could react, she turned around and walked towards the backyard.

Yan Jingyu pursed her lips, a bit of uneasiness appeared in her eyes, and finally followed in silence.

Xie took Yan Jingyu and did not go back to the Canglan Courtyard where the mistress lived, but went to Yan Jingyu's Linglong Pavilion. After entering the house, Mrs. Xie withdrew the servants again, leaving only herself and Yan Jingyu in the house.

"Tell me, what exactly did you do?" Yan Jingyu was worried, but Xie didn't have the mood to go around and asked directly.

"No, it's nothing, mother, what are you talking about, I didn't do anything." Yan Jingyu froze for a moment, and then denied it with evasive eyes.

But Mrs. Xie chuckled, and said: "The son is better than the father, and the daughter is better than the mother, Yu'er, if you want to hide it from your mother, you still have to practice. Well, tell your mother quickly, what happened to your second brother?" Otherwise, if your father and grandmother find out later, your mother will not be able to help you."

Although Xie's tone was very gentle, with a smile, as if she was just asking Yan Jingyu what kind of pattern she wanted to embroider on her new dress, but the meaning in the words Definitely let Yan Jingyu hear clearly.

She bit her lip, knowing that she couldn't hide it from her mother, so in the end she could only carefully watch Xie's face, and whispered everything she had planned.