Chapter 48

As Yan Jingshu remembered in her previous life, in mid-March, the imperial court issued a conscription order. Ten days later, Yan Jingshu received a letter from Fei Ge sent by Song Fan.

Although the content of the letter was written very cryptic to prevent others from seeing it, Yan Jingshu could understand it.

After learning that Zhao Dali in this life and Zhao Dali in the previous life were actually two people, Yan Jingshu guessed that Zhao Dali in this life might have been replaced at some point.

And Kou Shijun's rule is strict, and there will be no impostors, and the only possibility is before the recruits enter Ningcheng. So Yan Jingshu asked Song Fan and others to continue monitoring Zhao Dali.

But now Song Fan sent Feige's biography to tell Yan Jingshu that Zhao Dali's family was poor and couldn't pay the quota, so Yan Jingshu reported Zhao Dali's name as Yan Jingshu expected.

It's just that Song Fan and the others discovered that on the day when the recruits gathered to set off, the one who appeared in the team under the name of Zhao Dali was not the short, thick and honest farmer whom they had been monitoring for many days and were already very familiar with. It was just like what Yan Jingshu said, a tall and lean man.

However, because Jiang Chenghan and Yan Jingshu had given instructions in advance, they did not do anything, they just continued to monitor secretly, and followed the fake Zhao Dali's team to the north. It is estimated that they should be able to reach Ningcheng in May.

The person who had been looking for for many days finally appeared, and Yan Jingshu was a little uncontrollably excited. When Jiang Chenghan returned from the Dudu Mansion, he informed him of the news.

Jiang Chenghan was naturally happy to have found someone who might have killed him in a previous life. Although I don't know why this person wants to harm me, but since the person has already appeared, it can always be found out.

However, compared to this matter, Jiang Chenghan was more concerned about Xie Huan's side. Although Ningcheng is not far from Qingzhou than to the capital, it will take more than a month to go back and forth. If it goes well, Xie Huan will come again in about May, but they all rushed together.

Although Jiang Chenghan and Yan Jingshu both had different things in mind, they were both very much looking forward to the arrival of May. After more than a month passed like this, it finally entered May.

What was completely unexpected to the two of them was that Jiang Chenghan didn't wait for Xie Huan to ask the truth about Yan Jingshu's life experience, and Yan Jingshu didn't wait for the fake Zhao Dali to appear. He came to Ningcheng suddenly without warning.

So when Wen Jin came to report that Mrs. Yan had come and was just outside the door, Yan Jingshu immediately thought that she had heard wrong, and was even supported by Wen Jin to the front door, and saw with her own eyes. Nanny An supported Mrs. Yan who got off the carriage, still thinking she was in a dream.

"Silly boy, what's the matter? I haven't seen you for a few months, so you don't recognize grandma?" Mrs. Yan looked at Yan Jingshu with a smile. A lot of peace of mind.

"Grandmother—" Yan Jingshu was completely stunned, her eyes widened in disbelief, she stared blankly at Mrs. Yan.

"...Is this child really stupid?" Mrs. Yan pretended to be dissatisfied, but there was a clear smile in her eyes.

Yan Jingshu finally came back to her senses, with a look of surprise on her face, she walked quickly to Mrs. Yan, she was so happy that she didn't know what to do, and said, "Grandmother—grandmother, why are you here? When did you come? Why didn't you tell me in advance? Are you tired? On the way..."

Yan Jingshu asked one sentence after another. It was because Mrs. Yan came so suddenly that he was not prepared at all. Happy is naturally happy, but I can't help but feel a little worried. After all, Mrs. Yan is also in her early sixties, and she has endured a lot of hard work all the way from the capital to Ningcheng.

Mrs. Yan didn't feel how hard it was, she patted Yan Jingshu's hand lightly comfortingly, and said with a kind smile: "I have also stayed in Beijing for a long time, and I am really bored, and thinking that you are pregnant now, and there are so many people around you." There is no one to take care of you, so I came to see you and relax. The weather is getting warmer day by day, and the roads and carriages are going slowly, like an outing, and there are many people around you. It's up to me."

Yan Jingshu looked at Madam Yan's ruddy complexion and her high spirits, and knew that Madam Yan's words should be true, so she was relieved.

Although there are still many things I want to say to Mrs. Yan, the door is not the place to talk, especially now that Yan Jingshu is a month old, it is not suitable to stand for a long time, so a group of people entered the yard and went to the main hall.

On the way, Mrs. Yan was even more satisfied when she saw that the small courtyard of the Jiang family was not as exquisite and grand as Duke An's Mansion, but it was also well-built. Especially, there was a small and exquisite garden in the inner courtyard where Yan Jingshu lived.

Yan Jingshu cared about Mrs. Yan's body, and Mrs. Yan also cared about him. After entering the hall, he asked about Yan Jingshu's pregnancy, and Yan Jingshu naturally knew everything.

Knowing that everything is fine with Yan Jingshu, Mrs. Yan nodded, her eyes showed a look of gratification, and said: "...At first, I thought that since Jiang Chenghan's family didn't have parents, you would be able to suffer less hardship after marrying, but I forgot When you were pregnant, you didn't have an experienced elder to take care of you."

Yan Jingshu smiled and said: "Grandmother, don't worry, I'm always in good health, and this pregnancy is also very stable, and there are people around me who will take good care of me. Han also invited a doctor to see me once every ten days, and he also learned a lot about pregnancy and health care, and he took good care of me."

Mrs. Yan knew that Jiang Chenghan in Yan Jingshu's mouth said that he knew everything. Well, I couldn't say no, but I believed his words, and said: "That's good, that's good."

After Cao Cao Cao Cao said, Yan Jingshu and Mrs. Yan only mentioned Jiang Chenghan, and Jiang Chenghan returned from the Dudu Mansion at home.

At the beginning, he was a little confused when he saw many people in the house suddenly, and he didn't know what happened. After finding out that it was Mrs. Yan who had come, she was also very surprised, and doubts similar to those of Yan Jingshu appeared in her heart. She wondered why Mrs. Yan suddenly came to Ningcheng from the capital without hesitation.

Mrs. Yan told Jiang Chenghan again the explanation she had just given to Yan Jingshu, but she only concealed what she said because there were no elders in the Jiang family, so she couldn't read Gu Yanjingshu.

"...By the way, there are two more things. It just so happens that Cheng Han and you are back, so I'll tell you and Shu'er together." Mrs. Yan suddenly straightened her expression, and said to Jiang Chenghan and Yan Jing.

Jiang Chenghan and Yan Jingshu looked at each other, knowing that what Mrs. Yan was going to say must be very important, so they slightly suppressed the casualness on their faces, and said, "Grandmother, please tell me.

" The matter is about Yan Jingyu. In February, your father found a family in his hometown in Qingzhou and married her. Although the family background is not as good as our Duke's, it is also a wealthy local family. With her Doing those stupid things, so it is not wronged her."

Yan Jingshu pursed her lips and said nothing, Madam Yan said that she would not wrong Yan Jingyu, but for Yan Jingyu who only hoped to marry the son of Zhen Guogong, she might be wronged again But, but this is the decision of Mrs. Yan and Duke An, not to mention that Yan Jingyu once harmed him, he will not say anything for Yan Jingyu.

Yan Jingyu is already married, and she is far away from her hometown in Qingzhou. Mrs. Yan even sent someone to watch her, not afraid that she will make trouble again, so she put it behind her after she finished speaking, and then talked about the second thing After the incident, he said: "There is one more thing about Mrs. Xie..."

"Before you got married, she fell ill, and she was raised repeatedly for a long time. Later, on the way to Qingzhou, she was working in a boat and cart, and her illness became more and more serious. Heavy. After arriving in Qingzhou, although they have been well raised for a few months, they have finally reached the point where the oil is exhausted. In February of the next year, after Yan Jingyu got married, just a few days later, she left..."

Xie's death the...

Yan Jingshu was stunned, because of Xie Shi's dislike, he and Xie Shi didn't have much mother-child relationship, and her repeated calculations later completely wiped away the only remaining admiration he had for her.

And when he knew that he was not her child, he felt inexplicably relieved. He would rather not have a mother than to have a mother who hates him and wishes he would die.

Therefore, even though he and Xie Shi are still mother and son in name, he no longer regards Xie Shi as his mother in his heart. Hearing the news of Mrs. Xie's death at this moment, he didn't feel much sadness in his heart, but the news came so suddenly that he didn't know what to say for a while.

Jiang Chenghan naturally thought differently from Yan Jingshu. He had no idea about Mrs. Xie. If he was gone, he would be gone. On the battlefield, he saw the dead most.

It's just that Mrs. Yan just said that the Xie family disappeared in February, but Xie Huan left Ningcheng in March. The Xie family had already disappeared by then. In the capital, go ask Xie father and mother.

Counting the time, it should be almost here now.

Jiang Chenghan had a good idea. On the day Mrs. Yan arrived in Ningcheng, Xie Huan, who had been galloping for nearly a month in the capital, pushed open the gate of Xie's house with a look on his face.

In the main room of Xie's family, Xie's father and mother, who had just sent their daughter back from Qingzhou, were still sad, so they heard the servants report loudly outside, saying that the second young master had returned.

Xie's father and mother were surprised, and at first they couldn't believe it, but before they could walk out of the room, Xie Huan opened the door and walked in.

Although they hadn't seen each other for more than ten years, Xie's father and Xie's mother recognized at the first sight that the man in front of him with traces of age on his eyebrows, eyes and temples was their second son, Xie Huan.

Xie's mother's tears welled up, Xie's father's eyes were also red, and the first sentence he opened his mouth to his son whom he had not seen for many years was angrily, "Who told you to come back to Beijing? I said, there is no shameless thing like you in the Xie family, get out of here—"

Xie Huan's face was tense, as if covered with frost and snow, his hands hanging by his sides were clenched into fists, his bloodless lips After taking a sip, he said in a hoarse voice: "I just ask a question, and I will leave as soon as I understand it. Even if I die, I will never step into Xie's house again."

Xie Huan's decisive words made Xie's mother The tears flowed more fiercely, and Father Xie's face was extremely ugly. He wanted to say something more, but Xie Huan opened his mouth before him, and asked, "Xiaoshu, he is my child, isn't he?"

As Xie Huan said, he stared closely at Father Xie, and saw Father Xie's face change instantly, and then he blurted out in surprise: "How did you know?

" These words still caused Xie Huan to sway, staggered back a few steps, and managed to stop without falling.

"It turned out to be true, Xiaoshu, he is really my child, my child... You lied to me, you lied to me that he was dead, how could you lie to me..." Xie Huan murmured , crying and laughing on the face, the whole person seems to have lost his soul.

"So what if I lied to you? So what if it's your child? Do you still want to recognize it? Let everyone know that you are having an affair with someone and having a child out of wedlock? You are shameless yourself, and my Xie family has to—" Father Xie Looking at Xie Huan's appearance, thinking of the grave of his daughter he saw not long ago, he only regretted that after learning that Xie Huan was pregnant more than ten years ago, his heart softened for a while and he was not beaten to death, so that now, because of a wild species , harmed his daughter.

Xie Huan raised his head, looked at his ferocious father with red eyes, and then at his mother who couldn't help wiping tears and crying aside, he turned blankly, without saying a word, turned around and walked out slowly.

Stepping out of the threshold of Xie's house, as if he didn't hear the sound of the door slamming behind him, Xie Huan went straight to his horse, got on the horse, turned the horse's head, and headed towards the north gate leading to Ningcheng .