Chapter 37 Going North

The wave of life experience seemed to be like a torrential rain, but it actually passed in a gentle and light rain. To Yan Jingshu, nothing seemed to have changed. After being carefully instructed by Mrs. Yan and Mr. An, and having another dinner, seeing that it was no longer possible to stay any longer, Yan Jingshu and Jiang Chenghan finally got up and left.

At three o'clock in the morning of the next day, the sky was still dark, and the two got up. The bags had already been packed in advance, the two of them only dressed and tidied themselves, and simply ate some food, Jiang Chenghan got up first and went to the stable to lead the horse, Yan Jingshu finally gave a few words to the family members, and then went out too .

Jiang Chenghan was able to ride his own horse, named Xiaofeng. It was a sturdy and strong horse with strong hooves, but the king of horses who could travel hundreds of miles a day was still in Ningcheng. He himself caught it from the wild horses. After returning, it took him several months of hard work before he finally tamed it.

As for Yan Jingshu's horse, it is also his own, it was given to him by the old An Guogong when he first learned how to ride a horse when he was young. It was originally a descendant of the old An Guogong's favorite horse. In the past, it was raised by a special person in the Zhuangzi on the outskirts of Beijing. It is also a very tall and strong stallion. The coat color is exactly the opposite of Jiang Chenghan's pure black horse. The whole body is pure white without a trace of variegation. It is very beautiful and handsome, and its name is Xue Xing.

After getting married, Yan Jingshu brought Xue Xing as a dowry, and raised her together with Jiang Chenghan's Xiao Feng. Jiang Chenghan knew a lot about horses, after a few days, Xue Xing got to know him well, and he was led out of the stable very obediently, and let him install the saddle, bridle and other things for himself.

When Jiang Chenghan settled the two horses and led them to the gate, Yan Jingshu just came out.

Different from the scholar's attire with wide sleeves and robes in the past, Yan Jingshu changed into a tight-fitting riding attire with narrow sleeves for the convenience of going outside. She wore a pair of deerskin boots, wrapping her straight and slender calves. Thin and soft waist, long crow-colored hair tied up high, behind a snow-blue cloak.

Compared with the gentle and elegant one in the past, the whole person looks sassy and heroic.

Jiang Chenghan led Xue Xing for him, and after watching Yan Jingshu get on the horse skillfully and neatly, he handed over the reins to him, and rode his own Sao Feng, and then the two went to the General's Mansion together.

The General's Mansion was also brightly lit at this time, several of Jiang Chenghan's colleagues had already gathered at the entrance of the General's Mansion, ready to go, and greeted Jiang Chenghan and Yan Jingshu when they saw them coming.

Speaking of which, this was Yan Jingshu's first official meeting with these people in this life, so Jiang Chenghan introduced them to Yan Jingshu.

Zhang Zhao is the tallest and darkest like an iron tower. He is so strong that he is said to be able to tear tigers with his hands. The shorter but strong and vigorous one is called Xiao Qingfeng. The man named Feng Liangzheng, who is a bit gentle and not like a soldier, is indeed the most educated among the few, and he has also participated in scientific examinations. He was originally a child, but his skills are not bad.

Yan Jingshu had known several people in her previous life, and knew that they had a good relationship with Jiang Chenghan, so she was very kind to them, and because Jiang Chenghan was the youngest among them, she followed Jiang Chenghan to address them as big brothers.

Several people were talking, and after a while, Kou Shijun came out of the general's mansion in military uniform, and behind him was the general's wife, Jiang Shi, who came to the door with red eyes. Unlike Jiang Chenghan, who is insignificant and insignificant, although Kou Shijun has been stationed at the border all year round, his family members are not allowed to accompany him for no special purpose.

Before returning to Beijing this time, Kou Shijun had been away from home for three years, and now the separation is imminent, but he doesn't know how many years it will be until the next time we see each other.

Kou Shijun is also very reluctant to part with his wife, but the military situation is urgent, and the children's personal relationship can only be temporarily put aside. It's not good to make his subordinates wait longer, and after consoling his wife, Kou Shijun finally got on his horse and headed for the north gate. Jiang Chenghan, Yan Jingshu and a group of relatives followed closely behind.

When we arrived at the north gate, because it was not yet time to open the gate, many people who were preparing to leave the city had already gathered at the gate. Jiang Chenghan and his party didn't have to wait, Kou Shijun showed his identity and token to the general guarding the gate, and soon the general opened the door for them and let them go out.

There were also many people waiting to enter and exit outside the city gate. Seeing Jiang Chenghan and his party coming out, they saw that they were not ordinary people, so they all voluntarily gave way. Out of the city gate is the official road, and the group of people rode north along the official road without stopping for a moment.

After running for about half a day, seeing the sun rising above his head, Kou Shijun stopped his horse slowly, and said to the crowd: "Rest for a while, eat something before going on the road."

Everyone got off their horses, and took out their belts The dry food water bag fills the stomach. Although it is cold now, it has only been half a day since we went out, and the dry food is well preserved, so it is not unpalatable, but the water is still a bit cold after all. Although Yan Jingshu said that he was fine, Jiang Chenghan put the water bag in his arms and covered it for a while before giving it to him to drink.

After a brief pause, the group of people got on their horses and set off again. It took another half a day until it was completely dark. They happened to pass by a small town, and they went into the town to find a guest house and opened three rooms to prepare for the night. It is inconvenient to go out, and it is not possible to take a shower, but it is not difficult to simply scrub with a basin of hot water from the same store.

Although Yan Jingshu had ridden a horse in the past, it was the first time that she rode for a whole day. She was still a little tired, and she could not help leaning against the head of the bed and fell asleep while her feet were still soaking.

Jiang Chenghan went to the same store to buy some fresh food and brought back water. Seeing this scene, he didn't wake Yan Jingshu up. He just gently wiped his feet and took off his coat, and then let him lie down and covered him with a quilt.

When he came back after pouring the footwashing water, Jiang Chenghan also went to bed, but he didn't fall asleep immediately, but found a bottle of medicinal oil from his luggage, poured some in his hand, and then put his big hand on Yan Jingshu's waist, Gently massaged him.

He still remembered that when he first marched in a hurry, he rode a horse for two days. He didn't feel anything during the day, but when he went to bed at night, his waist and legs were sore and swollen, which made it almost difficult for him to sleep.

Although they are not rushing as fast as he was back then, Yan Jingshu's physique is not as good as his. If he is left alone, he will suffer from back pain within three days.

Yan Jingshu thought she was really tired and slept deeply, she didn't notice Jiang Chenghan's movements at all, but her brows unconsciously relaxed, showing a comfortable expression on her face.

Jiang Chenghan rubbed him for a while, and stopped when he felt that the medicated oil in his hand had penetrated into Yan Jingshu's skin. Wipe off the remaining medicated oil with a towel, then turn off the light, hug Yan Jingshu and close her eyes.

After sleeping for more than two hours, before dawn the next morning, the group of people checked out and left the guest house, continuing to go north.

The farther away from the capital, the closer to Ningcheng, the colder the weather becomes, and the more desolate and withered and sparsely populated as everything in sight. However, riding a horse and galloping under the high sky and bright sun does not have a sense of distance and openness, which makes people feel that their hearts have opened up a lot.

In his previous life, Yan Jingshu walked on this official road many times, but at that time he was either forced to marry far away, or worried about his grandmother, and he never had the relaxed and clear mood he is now. Quite novel and interesting.

The north is bitterly cold and sparsely populated. It is not every day that Jiang Chenghan and his party can find a guest house or a residential house where they can stay. For example, today, they have to camp in the wild. Fortunately, they brought a few rolls of thick animal skins and chopped a few thick branches to build a few tents for people to sleep in.

Although the tent is not big, you can't sit upright even when you get in, but it is enough to accommodate two adult men to lie down, and it is thick and windproof, so it is enough.

Finding a flat open space next to the pipeline, the group got busy. Jiang Chenghan and Yan Jingshu led their horses to drink water by the stream, Kou Shijun watched the crowd salute, and Zhang Zhao went to cut firewood and set up a tent.

When Jiang Chenghan and Yan Jingshu came back after drinking their horses, three tents had already been set up, and there was one more bonfire.

Seeing the two of them coming back, Zhang Zhao said, "Brother Jiang, come quickly, I have already taken care of the rabbits, and I just wait for you to roast them."

It turned out that when Zhang Zhao and the others went to chop wood, they happened to meet a litter of rabbits. They were caught together. But among the few of them, no one could compare to Jiang Chenghan in terms of barbecue skills, and they were fed up with Jiang Chenghan's appetite, so they all unanimously handed over the job to Jiang Chenghan.

Jiang Chenghan took a look and saw that there were indeed a few rabbits that had been peeled and stuck on the branches beside the campfire, so he smiled and said, "Come on, I just caught two fish and roasted them together.

" Then, Jiang Chenghan handed over the reins of several horses to Xiao Qingfeng who stepped forward to replace him, and he took the fish that had been processed by the stream to the campfire. Several prepared seasonings were given to him.

Jiang Chenghan had already threaded the fish neatly through the branches, and put them on the side of the campfire. Then, together with the rabbits, they roasted slowly, sprinkling some seasonings that he prepared on top from time to time.

In the wild, it is different from living in a guest house. In order to prevent accidents, someone needs to be on duty to watch the fire at night. Jiang Chenghan was in charge of roasting rabbits and fish, and everyone agreed that he was the first.

Zhang Zhao, who was anxious to eat roasted rabbits and fish, grabbed the second guard position. The remaining Xiao Qingfeng said he wanted to take care of the elders, so he decided to take care of the third shift, and Feng Liangzheng, the oldest among the four, took the last shift. , and responsible for waking everyone up the next day.

After simply eating some dry food, several people got into the tent, leaving only Jiang Chenghan and Yan Jingshu sitting around the campfire, roasting fish and rabbits conscientiously. Although it was cold at night, the two of them cuddled tightly and were wrapped in a thick blanket, so they didn't feel much chill.

It's just that Yan Jingshu's physical strength is not as good as Jiang Chenghan's, so he dozed off on Jiang Chenghan's shoulder after a while.

Jiang Chenghan put his arms around the person to prevent him from slipping off his shoulders, and said in a soft voice: "If you are sleepy, go to sleep in the tent..."

Yan Jingshu refused, just wrinkled his nose, and whispered: "No, I still Waiting to eat roasted rabbit."

Jiang Chenghan smiled helplessly, but he also knew that Yan Jingshu had never tasted delicacies from mountains and seas, so he would be greedy for an ordinary roasted rabbit, but he just wanted to be with him.

But Yan Jingshu didn't want him and didn't want to force it, so he just hugged him tighter and wrapped the blanket tightly to prevent the wind from blowing to Yan Jingshu, and then continued to roast the rabbit seriously.

Accompanied by the sizzling sound of the oil, the rich and fragrant smell gradually spread. After about half an hour, the rabbit was finally roasted. Jiang Chenghan picked the most tender rabbit, cut off a few pieces of meat from the rabbit's leg with a dagger, and fed it to Yan Jingshu, who had been awakened by the aroma of the roasted rabbit.

The two pieces that Jiang Chenghan obediently fed with his mouth open, tasted like memory, Yan Jingshu couldn't help squinting his eyes, showing a satisfied expression. Jiang Chenghan saw that he liked it, so he kept feeding it to him, and occasionally ate a piece for himself. The two of them ate the whole rabbit quickly.

After the two of them finished eating, Zhang Zhao just came out of the tent, but seeing that he didn't show any tiredness on his face, he must have been awake for a long time, but only heard the movement of Jiang Chenghan and Yan Jingshu outside the tent, So he endured not to come out to disturb the two of them.

"The rabbit and the fish are all roasted, but the fish is a bit cold. It will taste better if you warm it up by the campfire." Jiang Chenghan got up and did not forget to tell Zhang Zhao.

"Don't worry, I got it, you guys go to sleep." Zhang Zhao waved his hands casually, he couldn't hear Jiang Chenghan's words right now, he couldn't move his eyes from the roasted rabbit, and couldn't wait to pick it up One, and ate it.

Seeing his anxious look, Jiang Chenghan had seen it many times before, so he was not surprised. After speaking, he and Yan Jingshu got into their tent together.