Chapter 43 The Secret

When Jiang Chenghan returned home, Yan Jingshu had already woken up, but because her body was still a little weak and unwell, she didn't get out of bed, she just put her clothes on and lay on the head of the bed, but stared blankly at a certain place, and went out blankly. Confused, his face was not very good, and he didn't even hear Jiang Chenghan's footsteps entering the room.

It was after Jiang Chenghan sat by the bed that he suddenly realized that there was another person in front of him. He finally raised his head and looked over. Seeing that it was Jiang Chenghan who had returned, he subconsciously said, "Why did you come back so early?"

Jiang Chenghan smiled . Said: "General Kou heard that you were sick, and it happened that there was nothing wrong in the governor's

mansion , so he gave me another day's leave and asked me to come back to take care of you." In this way, next time I see General Kou, I will also thank him."

"I have already thanked General." Jiang Chenghan said, then raised his hand to touch Yan Jingshu's forehead, and asked, "How is it? Are you uncomfortable?"

Yan Jingshu shook her head with a smile, she opened her mouth and was about to speak again, when she suddenly remembered something, the smile on her face froze slightly, she looked at Jiang Chenghan, with a little uneasiness in her eyes.

Jiang Chenghan didn't seem to notice, seeing him shaking his head, he smiled and said: "It's not uncomfortable. You suddenly developed a high fever in the middle of the night, and you were so hot that you talked nonsense, but it scared me."

"Nonsense?" Yan Jingshu's eyes After a flash, he asked Jiang Chenghan: "Then did you hear what nonsense I said?"

Looking at Yan Jingshu's nervous expression, Jiang Chenghan sighed slightly in his heart, but still said: "Of course I heard it, and I heard it very clearly. You told me not to die, and you said that you came back and would save me..."

Yan Jingshu's face turned pale immediately, her hands were tightly clenched by the corner of the quilt, her lips were pursed and her blood was almost gone.

Jiang Chenghan was a little distressed, he leaned over and kissed the corner of Yan Jingshu's lips, then gently opened his hand and held it, and then said softly: "Do you have anything to say to me?"

Because Jiang Chenghan's sudden intimacy , Yan Jingshu's face blushed a little, but the uneasiness in her eyes did not dissipate. He bit his lip, but still couldn't say anything for a long while.

Jiang Chenghan sighed silently, and after a moment of silence, he could only speak first: "Jingshu, do you believe in past and present lives?" The

words 'past and present' fell into his ears, and Yan Jingshu only felt a sound in his head, The pupils shrank suddenly, and his face turned pale.

Seeing this, Jiang Chenghan couldn't help but feel unbearable for a moment, but he couldn't stop there. It's fine if Yan Jingshu doesn't want to say anything else, but what Yan Jingshu is hiding right now has obviously brought a heavy pressure and burden to his heart, that's why he said those words when he was delirious with a high fever Come.

He didn't know what Yan Jingshu had gone through, but he hoped that Yan Jingshu could understand that he was willing to bear everything together with Yan Jingshu, and before that, he had to let Yan Jingshu tell everything.

Jiang Chenghan understood Yan Jingshu's concerns, and he didn't want to directly force Yan Jingshu, so last night, he came up with a solution, but even though it was a solution, it was something he should have done long ago.

"Jingshu, let me tell you a secret, which neither my parents nor my parents know." With a comforting smile, Jiang Chenghan said to Yan Jingshu in a warm voice.

Not wanting Jiang Chenghan to mention this suddenly, Yan Jingshu couldn't help being stunned for a moment, but the look of panic on his face faded a lot.

"You know that everyone's lifespan is exhausted. Before reincarnation, you have to drink Mengpo soup to forget the memory of the previous life, right?" Jiang Chenghan smiled and spoke casually, as if he was just saying that today's weather is good. Yan Jingshu became more and more confused, but she still nodded subconsciously in response to Jiang Chenghan.

Then Jiang Chenghan suddenly moved closer to Yan Jingshu, lowered his voice, and whispered, "I'm only telling you one person. In fact, I didn't drink Mengpo soup when I was reincarnated.

" What means. Jiang Chenghan didn't speak any more, just looked at Yan Jingshu with a quiet smile, giving him time to think and digest.

Soon, Yan Jingshu understood what Jiang Chenghan meant, and his eyes widened instantly, full of shock and disbelief, and blurted out: "You also remember the last life?"

"What does 'also' mean ?" Seeing that Yan Jingshu had slipped his tongue, Jiang Chenghan naturally would not let go of this opportunity, and immediately asked: "Jingshu, you didn't drink Mengpo soup, do you remember your previous life like me?"

Yan Jingshu froze. Realizing what he just said, he opened his mouth, thinking about denying it, but looking at Jiang Chenghan's eyes, he couldn't utter the words of deceit.

After a long while, he finally nodded, then shook his head, and said in a somewhat awkward tone: "...It's not that I haven't drank Mengpo soup, but, it's that I came back after more than two years, the first time you and I met , the day of my grandmother's birthday..."

"It really is like this—" Jiang Chenghan finally heard what he wanted to hear, and smiled, showing a look of no surprise on his face.

Yan Jingshu, who was originally very apprehensive, fearing that she would be disgusted and rejected by Jiang Chenghan's monsters back then, was stunned when she saw Jiang Chenghan's reaction.

"You, you know?" Yan Jingshu slightly widened her eyes, full of disbelief.

Jiang Chenghan nodded with a smile, and said: "But it was just a guess before, and I haven't confirmed it yet, but now I can be sure that my guess is right."

Before Yan Jingshu could ask, Jiang Chenghan took the initiative to answer his doubts, saying: "Do you still remember that on August 15th before we got married, I went to the Duke's Mansion to congratulate me, and my father-in-law said, You specially found me People from my hometown asked me about the dishes in my hometown, and then ordered someone to cook them for me."

Yan Jingshu nodded, of course he remembered that he actually made it himself, and he even got burnt on a few bags, could it be What's wrong with those dishes?

As if he understood what Yan Jingshu was thinking, Jiang Chenghan went on to say: "As soon as I ate those dishes, I felt something was wrong, because those dishes were not the hometown dishes of my hometown in this life, but my mother in the previous life made them for me since I was a child. Yep, it's the hometown dish from the previous life."

Hearing this, Yan Jingshu couldn't help opening her mouth a little bit, with a look of surprise on her face.

Jiang Chenghan continued: "At first I thought that you and I had the same past life, so I would cook some dishes, but after marriage, I gradually discovered that what you are familiar with is not my original world, but only me—you I have only met twice, but you have no objection to our marriage and me, and you are even very enthusiastic and proactive. You know what food I like to eat, and you know that I have to get up at midnight Practicing martial arts, even the people around me, whether it is Zhang Zhao and the others, or the children of Shantang, you seem to be no strangers to them...

Bit by bit doubts gradually piled up, making my heart gradually I have a guess. Originally, I saw that you didn't intend to say anything to me. I understood your concerns, and I didn't want to force you to do anything. But the words you said unconsciously last night made me understand that there are some things that I think too much. It's simple..."

Jiang Chenghan looked at Yan Jingshu with a complicated and bewildered expression, and said seriously, "Jingshu, I don't know what happened in the past two years or so in your memory. What, but I want you to know that no matter what you are, no matter what you go through, I don't care in the slightest. I just want you to tell me what happened and let me face it with you Yes, share it together, okay?"

Yan Jingshu's eyes had already turned red, and she was at a loss for words, so she kept nodding her head so that Jiang Chenghan could understand her thoughts.

"...I'm not trying to hide it from you on purpose. I'm just, just afraid that you will hate me because of it..." Buried in Jiang Chenghan's arms, Yan Jingshu sobbed softly. As long as he thinks that Jiang Chenghan will look at him with disgust and indifference, he will feel very uncomfortable, and he can't stand it for a second.

Jiang Chenghan put one arm around Yan Jingshu's waist, stroked his back and comforted him with the other hand, and said softly: "I understand, it's okay, I don't blame you, I also kept my affairs from you, right? Just don't blame me. "

Of course Yan Jingshu would not blame Jiang Chenghan. Jiang Chenghan knew the biggest secret and the biggest pain in his heart now, and Jiang Chenghan didn't mind his strange and unpredictable experience at all. What he had in his heart was only luck and unprecedented easy.

After hugging the person and softly comforting her for a while, Yan Jingshu's mood slowly calmed down.

Now that he has said it, Jiang Chenghan is not in a hurry, and Yan Jingshu is still ill, so it is not appropriate to waste too much energy, so he did not continue to ask.

I don't want Yan Jingshu but I don't want to procrastinate any more. After calming down a bit, I slowly opened my mouth, telling the story of the two years before his rebirth, from the first meeting between him and Jiang Chenghan to his own death. Jiang Chenghan was informed of everything that happened.

Jiang Chenghan didn't expect that in his previous life, Yan Jingshu was forced to marry and lost her grandmother... She suffered all kinds of sufferings, and in the end she fell off a cliff and died in order to investigate the real murderer and avenge herself.

Yan Jingshu herself didn't think anything of it, after all, those things have already passed, not to mention, now that he was lucky enough to be reborn to make up for a lot of regrets, the only thing left now is the matter of Jiang Chenghan's death, which is like a fish in his throat, and he still feels at ease from time to time. disturbed.

Jiang Chenghan then comforted: "...It's okay. In my previous life, I should have been harmed by people because I was unprepared. Now I know it in advance, and I will never let this kind of thing happen again. And you didn't mean to have those people... Are there any clues?"

Jiang Chenghan's deep and deep words reassured Yan Jingshu, nodded, and said: "That's right, and I also asked my grandmother for some capable people, and sent them to follow the clues I found to investigate. It's just that they haven't heard back yet, and I think they haven't found anything."

"It's okay, take your time, there are still more than two years before the incident happened, and we still have enough time to find out the truth." Jiang Chenghan said , but thinking in his heart, he can't just rely on Yan Jingshu's few people, he has to take action himself.

The biggest depression in her heart was relieved, Yan Jingshu relaxed physically and mentally, and her illnesses recovered much faster. After only three days, the person has already recovered.

However, Jiang Chenghan was worried, so he let him stay for another two days. On the sixth day, he informed everyone in the Governor's Mansion that he would hold a supplementary wedding banquet at Zhiyuanzhai, and invited everyone to have a wedding wine.

Because it was not a normal wedding banquet, and it was mainly for Yan Jingshu and Jiang Chenghan's acquaintances in Ningcheng to get to know each other, so Yan Jingshu and Jiang Chenghan came to Zhiyuan Zhai together to entertain everyone.

Although Jiang Chenghan's official position is not high, he is directly under the general Kou Shijun, so no matter whether his rank is above him or below him, he will come to Zhiyuanzhai to drink his wedding wine, and some big landlords and merchants in Ningcheng will bring him with him. Gifts came to pay their respects, and the Zhiyuan Zhai on the upper and lower floors was almost full of people.

The bustling feast lasted from the first quarter of noon to the third quarter of Shen time. Yan Jingshu was fine, everyone knew that he had just recovered from a serious illness, so he used tea instead of wine, Jiang Chenghan was different, even with Zhang Zhao and the others helping him, his face was flushed and his feet were a little weak.

Fortunately, Jiang Chenghan tasted good wine, although he was drunk, he did not lose his mind. Later, Zhang Zhao and others helped him into the carriage, and together with Yan Jingshu, they sent him home in person.

But Jiang Chenghan had to be settled. After Zhang Zhao and the others left, Jiang Chenghan, who had been looking drunk, turned over and sat up again, rubbed his forehead, and said, "I will remember these guys. I will remember them later. Doubling one by one and pouring them back."

Yan Jingshu was taking the hangover soup from Wen Jin, when she saw Jiang Chenghan suddenly sat up and muttered to herself, she realized that he was pretending to be drunk, so she couldn't help laughing, and then put the hangover soup on the table. Pass him the soup and let him drink it.