Chapter 22 Decided

After getting this news, Kou Shijun and Mrs. Jiang were very happy for Jiang Chenghan. Jiang Chenghan himself didn't really believe in this. Life depends on people after all, but this is also a good sign, and he won't say anything to spoil the scenery. . Compared with the General's Mansion, An Guogong and the others had a much more complicated heart.

If he hadn't asked specifically, he would have suspected that the Grand General's Mansion or someone else had bribed the old way of He Bazi, and Mrs. Xie would not be happy for Yan Jingshu, but Yan Jingshu was going to marry soon, and she would She would not make herself unhappy in such a trivial matter, and so did Yan Jingyu.

Yan Jingshu was in the same mood as Jiang Chenghan. In his previous life, the two of them also commented in the same way, but in the end they died tragically on the battlefield and the other died in a foreign land. They didn't have a good result. It can be seen that this batch of words is not a golden rule. He and Jiang Chenghan's life in this life, after all, still depends on themselves, not these illusory mystical commands.

The only one who was really happy about this was Mrs. Yan.

After the horoscope is finished, the next step is to make a decision. Jiang came to the Duke's Mansion again with a gift, this time to discuss the fixed date. She had selected a few suitable auspicious days in advance and asked Mrs. Xie to choose one of them.

Mrs. Xie took the post with the date written on it, and made a deliberate decision, and finally chose the most recent date, which was just five days later.

Jiang couldn't help being a little surprised, but she didn't show the slightest bit on her face, she answered the post with a smile and accepted it, then got up to say goodbye and leave.

After Mrs. Jiang left, Mrs. Xie informed An Guogong and Mrs. Yan of the matter. An Guogong was very unhappy when he saw that the date was so urgent, but Mrs. Xie gave some reasons indiscriminately, so he prevaricated. Mrs. Yan was well aware of Mrs. Xie's carelessness, and although she was a little dissatisfied, thinking that Yan Jingshu might also hope so, she didn't say anything more.

The date of the appointment was a bit rushed, but fortunately, money was easy to handle, Jiang Chenghan spent one by one banknotes, and the housekeeper of the general's mansion led the servants in the mansion to help run errands, within three or two days, the betrothal gifts were all bought It's almost there.

During this period, Jiang Chenghan's colleagues came to the capital with only some travel expenses and not much money. In the end, a few people together went to the deep mountains and old forests in the suburbs of Beijing to search for a few days, and finally shot a bear and three deer. , and two white foxes and a wild boar came back and gave them to Jiang Chenghan as wedding presents.

Jiang Chenghan did not keep all of them himself. He sent the bear skin and a deer to General Kou and his wife. The other two live deer and two white fox skins were added to the betrothal list, and only the wild boar was kept for the general. The kitchen of the mansion made dishes and distributed them to various places in the mansion.

In the busy time, soon, the appointed day will arrive.

In a vacant courtyard of the General's Mansion, all kinds of betrothal gifts were neatly arranged. All the servants in the General's Mansion were dressed in new clothes, standing in groups of two and tied with bright red silk and satin in all kinds of clothes. The two sides of the box for the dowry filled up the relatively spacious courtyard, not to mention that there was not even much room left in the East and West Wings.

When it was time to set off, accompanied by crackling firecrackers and festive blowing sounds, Jiang Chenghan, dressed in a brand-new stone-blue brocade robe with dark patterns and a silver crown on his head, turned over and rode on a tall, black and strong horse, followed by Jiang The horse-drawn carriage and the long procession of dowry gifts went to An Guogong's mansion.

On the other hand, the main gate of Duke Anguo's Mansion has already been opened. The housekeeper Yan Zhong led a group of servants from the Duke's Mansion who were also in new clothes to wait in front of the gate. When he saw the betrothal procession from a distance, he hurriedly ordered people to go. Set off firecrackers.

There was another crackling sound, and Jiang Chenghan, who was the first to reach the gate of An Guogong's mansion, got off his horse. After stepping on the steps, he received a report from his servants, and the An Guogong and his wife, who happened to come to the door to greet him, saluted and said hello.

"Okay, good son-in-law, please." An Guogong was very kind to Jiang Chenghan.

Although he really didn't want Yan Jingshu to marry like this at first, and he even felt angry with Jiang Chenghan at first, but after calming down, he also knew that Jiang Chenghan was actually implicated by them. And in all fairness, although Jiang Chenghan's background is mediocre, as Mrs. Yan said, compared to family background, a person's ability and character are the most important.

In these two aspects, Jiang Chenghan is undoubtedly very good. With the decree first, coupled with his admiration for Jiang Chenghan himself, and the hope that Yan Jingshu will live well after marriage, under various considerations, Duke An finally let go of his depression and accepted Jiang Chenghan as his son-in-law.

Mrs. Jiang got off the carriage and came to greet Duke An, and then asked the housekeeper to read the list of dowry gifts, and the betrothal gifts were sent to the Duke's mansion.

Many spectators had already gathered around the gate of the Duke's Mansion. Seeing that the betrothal gifts, which were so full of equipment, almost bent the poles, entered the Duke's Mansion like flowing water, they couldn't help but click their tongues in amazement. This is another prominent in-laws.

Although An Guogong knew that Jiang Chenghan had prepared a betrothal gift compared to Yue Guogong's husband's family after Jiang's first visit, but he really saw it today. Although he didn't show it on the surface, he felt very happy satisfaction.

Although he didn't value money, he didn't even expect Jiang Chenghan to prepare any decent dowry at the beginning, but Jiang Chenghan was able to come up with such a dowry, especially since he also learned from Jiang that Jiang Chenghan almost used up all the money for this dowry. All his savings over the years made him feel that Jiang Chenghan attached great importance to this marriage, which was the most important thing.

According to the custom, the couple cannot meet after the engagement until the marriage ceremony. Therefore, when Jiang Chenghan came to the Duke's mansion this time to give a betrothal gift, he only saw Mrs. An Guogong and his wife and Mrs. Yan. After lunch and setting a wedding date, he left with the gift in return.

When discussing the date of marriage, Jiang was expected and somewhat unexpected. Among the auspicious days she gave this time, the last one was the most recent one, but this time It was not Mrs. Xie who chose the date, but Mrs. Yan.

However, even recently, it will be August 28, a month later. However, compared to other families who have been engaged to get married for at least one or two years, as many as five or six years, Jiang Chenghan and Yan Jingshu's marriage has only been about a month apart, which is also unprecedented. that's it.

In Duke An's mansion, after Jiang Chenghan and Mrs. Jiang left, Mrs. Yan looked at the dowry list in her hand, she couldn't help smiling and nodded slightly, and said, "Not bad, not bad."

Like Duke An, she was very grateful for the dowry gift Jiang Chenghan had prepared. She was also very satisfied, but what she was satisfied with was not the richness of the betrothal gift, but from the betrothal gift, she could see Jiang Chenghan's carefulness and his care for Yan Jingshu.

Although Yan Jingshu is said to be the married party, he is not a woman after all, and he does not need the hairpin and ring jewelry that ordinary women use, but Jiang Chenghan halved the jewelry part of the betrothal gift and replaced it with the four treasures of the study, which shows that he is It is to understand Yan Jingshu's preferences and habits, and to take them to heart.

Although I heard many good things about Jiang Chenghan from Yan Jingshu, but seeing is believing. Seeing that Jiang Chenghan was taking care of Yan Jingshu in such a small detail, Mrs. Yan finally felt a little relieved. Yan Jingshu can't live up to Jiang Chenghan's performance.

"By the way, is the dowry list ready? Let me have a look." Putting down the dowry list, Mrs. Yan looked at Mrs. Xie.

Jiang Chenghan has done everything he can do, and the government of Anguo can't neglect them, otherwise they will be underestimated, and Yan Jingshu will be underestimated.

"I roughly drew up a copy, and I'm going to show it to my mother. If there is anything my daughter-in-law missed, I can ask my mother to point it out." Xie said, and took a red and gold-sprinkling list from the hand of the maid Su Xin next to her. I personally got up and sent it to Mrs. Yan.

Mrs. Yan didn't speak, she just took it and looked down carefully, but she frowned when she looked at it.

Looking at the dowry list from beginning to end, Mrs. Yan's complexion completely sank. She pointed to the dowry list in her hand and asked Mrs. Xie, "This is the dowry you prepared for Shu'er? The house shop and the farmer's house are not the same. Say, thirty-eight pieces of rosewood furniture, eight sets of gold and jade heads, twenty sets of four-season clothes, and a thousand taels of silver in a pressed box, that's all?"

Mrs. Yan's dissatisfaction was obvious, Xie hurriedly got up and explained "Mother, the daughter-in-law came here according to the old rules in the mansion, but when Shu'er got married, the daughter-in-law loved him so much that she added another five hundred taels to him. It's a little bit of my heart as a mother."

"Mother, What's the matter?" An Guozheng sent Jiang Chenghan and Mrs. Jiang back, and when he entered the room, he saw Mrs. Yan's sullen expression, and he couldn't help being a little surprised.

"Look for yourself." Mrs. Yan didn't listen to Mrs. Xie's explanation, and threw the dowry list to Duke An with a flick of her hand.

An Guogong hurriedly took a look, but as a man, he didn't know much about this kind of dowry. He just looked at the list in the house, the shop, the top of the farm and hill, gold, silver, jade, silk and satin. What's wrong.

Seeing his expression, Mrs. Yan knew that she couldn't count on him, so she said directly: "The dowry rule for a married woman in the mansion is indeed five thousand taels, but don't you forget why Shu'er wanted to get married? If it weren't for you My good daughter, Shu'er should have married a wife and had children. Except for the title and ancestral property in this country's government, it is inherited by the head of the house and grandson, but everything else should be half of Shu'er.

Now that Shu'er is forced to marry, it is enough I am wronged, you still treat him so lightly, just prepare such a small dowry for him, it is not as much as Jiang Chenghan's dowry. You are shameless yourself, and you don't care how Shu'er will be despised by her husband's family when she gets married in the future It's a joke, isn't it—"