Chapter 58 Entering Beijing

Kou Shijun looked serious, and said: "Someone has come to Ningcheng to look for the child now, and Ningcheng is no longer safe. I originally wanted to send the child to another place, but two days ago, I got a message that the The prince's treason case has been vindicated."

Hearing that the child seems to be related to the abolition of the prince, Jiang Chenghan was unexpected and somewhat expected, but he didn't think it was too surprising, so he didn't say anything, and continued to listen Kou Shijun said.

After a pause, Kou Shijun continued: "...I won't hide it from you until now. This child's surname is Xiao, and his full name is Xiao Yanchu."

Jiang Chenghan's eyes were slightly surprised. If he remembered correctly, Daqi's royal family seems to have the surname Xiao, and it has something to do with the abolished prince's conspiracy... Thinking of this, Jiang Chenghan couldn't help but have a guess in his heart.

Soon, Kou Shijun's next words confirmed his guess, "...that child is not a child of my family, but the only bloodline left by the abolished prince by chance. Because he was born by the prince's concubine when he was young, he was born again. Born with mouth disease, he was not good at speech, so he was not taken seriously. Later, the crown prince had an accident, and the East Palace was besieged. However, the little grandson was protected by the wet nurse, and the puppy he raised was buried in the sea of ​​fire instead, and he was able to escape from the East Palace.

But this method was very fast . It was discovered by others, and the little emperor's grandson was hunted down. Fortunately, the prince's old minister secretly protected him, mixed him with the exiled criminal slaves, and sent him to Ningcheng. Hiding can restore one's true identity. It's

just that the situation in the capital is complicated, and some people may not want the little emperor's grandson to return to the capital smoothly. Right now I can't leave Ningcheng, so I can only entrust this matter to you. Princess Dannu Entering Beijing, you will definitely attract a lot of attention along the way, but the great hermit is hidden in the world, and the little emperor's grandson is not easy to attract attention. Besides, the little emperor's grandson has been with you before. Given the opportunity, it would be perfect to bring him into the capital together. But just in case, I will also arrange another team to pretend to go secretly to the capital to cover you."

Kou Shijun's considerations are thorough and safe, but even Jiang Chenghan has nothing to add. The only thing is that the little emperor's grandson is only a seven-year-old child after all, and he still needs someone to take care of him. He is mixed with envoys or Princess Dannu It must not be possible among the personnel, so they can only travel with their family, but how to arrange the identity of the little emperor's grandson makes Jiang Chenghan a little difficult.

It's fine if you didn't know it before, but now that you know it, naturally you can't be too casual and negligent, but if you really treat him as respectful and respectful as Huang Zilong's grandson, I'm afraid it will attract more attention.

Kou Shijun seemed to see Jiang Chenghan's embarrassment, and said: "Your family will come to Beijing together this time, and you will bring some servants with you, and then you will say that the little emperor's grandson is the son of his son, and now send the little emperor's grandson to Beijing safely. It is the most important thing, and there is no need to worry too much about others."

Kou Shijun said so, but Jiang Chenghan's status cannot be compared with him, and he has a big and small family, so he must be more cautious in thinking.

So after thinking it over and over again, Jiang Chenghan suggested: "General, I thought, it's better to disguise the little Huangsun as a little pair, and say to the outside world that I bought that child Jiajia as a companion, so that it can deceive people's eyes and ears, Our family can also take care of him personally, what do you think?"

Kou Shijun thought for a while, and felt that Jiang Chenghan's suggestion was much more appropriate and stable than his own, so he said, "That's fine, let's do it this way."

Since Kou Shijun got Jiang Chenghan's advice The strange report from the shantang moved the little emperor's grandson from the shantang to another place. So after everything was agreed, Jiang Chenghan didn't say anything more to Kou Shijun because he was going to leave tomorrow, and time was tight. He learned from Kou Shijun where the little emperor's grandson was now placed, and left the Dudu Mansion.

On the way to pick him up, Jiang Chenghan went to a makeup shop, bought a carriage, and then drove the carriage to pick up the little grandson with his belongings.

Although the little Huangsun was only seven years old, he had never cried or made a fuss when being sent back and forth. He had always been very obedient and obedient, but he rarely spoke. Originally, Jiang Chenghan thought that he was introverted and felt uneasy in an unfamiliar environment, but he learned from Kou Shijun not long ago that he was born with a hard time speaking, and was once regarded as a mute when he was young. It was also because of this that although he was the emperor's grandson, he was not taken seriously in the palace.

When we met again, Kou Shijun thought that he had already spoken to the little emperor and the people who took care of him in advance. He had no objection to Jiang Chenghan's appearance and his plan to change the little emperor into a pair of children. He also obediently let Jiang Chenghan move.

After everything was packed, Jiang Chenghan went out with the little grandson in his arms. After putting the little grandson into the carriage, he drove the carriage back home.

Suddenly there was an extra person in the family, so Jiang Chenghan naturally wanted to tell everyone the reason, so he just followed what his colleague Kou Shijun said before, saying that this child is an orphan, and he bought it to play with Jiajia.

Jia Jia often followed Yan Jingshu to the shantang, so he knew this little friend, although this little friend didn't like to talk, but now he became a family member, and he could play with him every day, which made him couldn't be happier,' "Little brother, little brother" yelled, took little Huangsun's hand and entered his room.

Because he was about to travel, most of his things were boxed and packed, leaving only a few toys for him to pass the time, and he gave them all to the little emperor, and his favorite pastries, which were also generously given to him. Little grandson.

Although the little Huangsun did not speak, seeing Jiajia as a familiar friend made him relax a bit. Jiajia gave him toys and he played with them, and he continued to eat cakes when Jiajia gave him, showing a faint smile from time to time. It shows the simplicity and purity that only children have.

Seeing that the two little guys got along well, Jiang Chenghan was relieved, and then quietly retreated from the room.

Although the little emperor's grandson came to Jiang's house once before, he didn't stay for too long. After a long time, the little emperor's grandson has grown up a bit, so the servants in the family no longer recognize him, and they don't understand Jiang Chenghan's words. Doubt what. But Yan Jingshu and Mrs. Yan, who knew the boy's unusual background, would not believe it so easily, but Jiang Chenghan didn't intend to hide it from them.

After telling all the servants to leave, Jiang Chenghan told Yan Jingshu and Mrs. Yan what Kou Shijun told him, about the life experience of the little emperor's grandson.

It was an order from Kou Shijun to Jiang Chenghan to send the little emperor's grandson to Beijing, and Jiang Chenghan could not refuse, so he did not come back to ask Yan Jingshu and others for their opinions as before. But although Yan Jingshu was a little surprised, she was not dissatisfied with it. Although this matter was dangerous, it would be a great achievement when it was done, and Yu Jiang Chenghan would also benefit from it.

When Mrs. Yan heard about this, she was stunned for a moment, and then showed a look of sudden realization. When she heard Jiang Chenghan talking about the prince,

she suddenly remembered that the child was indeed very similar to the prince when he was a child. It's just that after decades, she didn't think of it before.

We are going to set off tomorrow, and suddenly there is one more person, so we need to prepare more things. This is easy enough, go directly to the clothing store and buy a dozen or so sets of clothes, as for the rest, just add another one according to Jiajia's order.

After working for half an hour, Jiang Chenghan and Yan Jingshu went back to the bedroom to sleep when they were almost ready. At dawn the next day, Jiang Chenghan got up and left home. He first went to the barracks to gather the generals for this escort mission, and then took people to the residence of the envoy and Princess Chanya to pick them up.

After saying goodbye to Kou Shijun, Jiang Chenghan led the team and set off. Although he was not at home with Yan Jingshu and the others, he had already made all the arrangements, so when his team left Ningcheng, Jiang's team was already waiting at the south gate of Ningcheng.

Both Shichen and Princess Dannu knew that Jiang Chenghan's family wanted to go together. They had been rescued by Jiang Chenghan and had a good impression of Jiang Chenghan. Naturally, they had no objection to this matter. Jia, sent two gifts.

Seeing this, Jiang Chenghan didn't say much. After thanking Princess Dannu, he sent Yan Jingshu and Jiajia back to their own carriage on the grounds that it was not good to delay the trip, and then asked the groom to drive safely and follow behind the team. , I got on the horse again and ran to the front of the team.

Different from the previous trips between Ningcheng and Beijing, in order to ensure that Princess Dannu was sent to Ningcheng intact, this time Jiang Chenghan and his team moved very slowly, and they left for more than two months in total. Jiang Chenghan led troops to escort them, and along the way there were garrisons from various places to take over and protect them. It was very safe and smooth, and there were no mistakes.

The only accident that happened on the way had nothing to do with Princess Dannu and the little emperor's grandson, but that Xie Huan suddenly rode his horse and caught up with them from Ningcheng under the escort of Song Fan and others.

At first, Jiang Chenghan thought that something serious happened in Ningcheng, but fortunately, Xie Huan quickly told them that it wasn't that something happened in Ningcheng or his family, but that not long after Jiang Chenghan and the others left, he received a thank you letter from the capital. The family sent him a letter, saying that Xie's mother was seriously ill and asked him to return quickly.

Although Xie Huan was kicked out of the house, he couldn't stay in the capital any longer, but as a son, his mother was seriously ill and couldn't be indifferent, so after the express delivery arranged all the affairs in Ningcheng, he rode towards the capital on horseback, and was left behind by Jiang Chenghan. Song Fan and others who protected him naturally followed him.

Because of worrying about his mother, although Xie Huan met Jiang Chenghan and the others, he did not go with them. After greeting them and explaining the reason, he continued to ride to the capital.

After sending Xie Huan away, Jiang Chenghan and the others finally arrived in the capital after traveling for half a month. The officials of the imperial court and people from An Guogong's mansion who had already received the news had been waiting for a long time. Jiang Chenghan and Yan Jingshu separated. Jiang Chenghan followed the officials of the court to send Princess Dannu to the Sifang Pavilion where the foreign envoy lived, while Yan Jingshu, Mrs. Yan and others went to An Guogong's mansion to settle down.

Although An Guogong knew that Yan Jingshu was no longer his child, but after all the years of father-son relationship, he has always been very affectionate and soft-hearted. He was very happy to see Yan Jingshu came back, and let him stay at home. Although the elder sister-in-law Shen didn't know about Yan Jingshu's background, it was rare for Yan Jingshu to come back, and she hoped that he could stay at home for a while.

Normally, Yan Jingshu would have agreed, but now that he had an unidentified young grandson by his side, it would cause more trouble, so he still refused An Guogong and Shen's persuasion. Mrs. Yan knew his worries, so she also helped him speak, and An Guogong and Shen Shi didn't say anything more.

After coming out of the Duke's mansion, Yan Jingshu went to the dowry house with five entrances that Mrs. Yan had given him before. Someone has been watching the house all the time, and they also sent someone to notify them before they entered Beijing, and now it has been cleaned. Yan Jingshu only asked people to clean up the main courtyard, enough for them to live in, and left the other courtyards alone.

Although the road was slow, sleeping in the carriage was not as safe as sleeping in the house. Although the two children were curious, they didn't have the energy to explore the house. After the house was tidied up, they were carried to bed by Yan Jingshu to rest.

Although Jia Jia is a twin, but he is still young, even if he sleeps in the same bed with the little emperor's grandson, it doesn't matter.

Yan Jingshu also felt a little tired, but he still wanted to wait for Jiang Chenghan to come back, so he stayed awake all the time. But he didn't want to wait until nightfall, and Jiang Chenghan didn't come back either.

Just when Yan Jingshu was thinking about finding someone to inquire about, An Guogong suddenly came to the house and told him a piece of news that was like a bolt from the blue.

Princess Dannu's maid actually assassinated the emperor in court when she was accompanying Princess Dannu to face the saint. Although Jiang Chenghan, who was also present at the same time, was the rescuer and captured the assassinating maid, but as the escort leader, he actually sent an assassin Entering the imperial city, it was still difficult to shirk the blame, and the enraged emperor immediately threw him into the prison of the Ministry of Justice.

At the beginning, everyone in the capital knew about Yan Jingshu and Jiang Chenghan's marriage according to the decree. At that moment, someone reported a letter to An Guogong. An Guogong was also surprised when he received the news, but he didn't know the specific situation. It was Mrs. Yan who reminded him, so he came to find Yan Jingshu. Apart from telling him about it, he also wanted to ask Yan Jingshu about Princess Dannu, and see if there was any way to rescue Jiang Chenghan.