Chapter 30 Dowry

Yan Jingshu smiled and raised her hand, signaling that they don't need to be too polite, and then said to Jiang Chenghan: "The people sent by Mrs. Jiang can't be neglected. How about I ask Zheng Er to take them back in a carriage? Zheng Er is one of my dowry servants." I used to be in charge of the carriages and horses in the stables at home."

"That's fine, it's up to you." Now that the marriage is over, and there are servants brought by Yan Jingshu, there is no need to bother the general's people anymore, Yan Jingshu is like this Jiang Chenghan naturally had no objection to the arrangement.

Yan Jingshu then turned her head to look at a tall, thin and dark middle-aged man in a brown short jacket in the hall, and said, "Go and harness the carriage, and take Mama Qiao and the others back to the general's residence in person. Be careful on the way, and make sure you deliver them properly.

" The middle-aged man, namely Zheng Er, immediately saluted and said: "Yes, I have made it down." Then he turned around and left the main room, and went to the carriage.

Mother Qiao thanked Jiang Chenghan and Yan Jingshu a thousand times, and then went back to the house where they lived to pack their things.

The outsiders had left, and only his own people were left. Jiang Chenghan pointed out to Yan Jingshu the two boys he had bought. They were both about seventeen or eighteen years old. The taller one was Fang Ping, and the fatter one was Lin Dong. , It seems that they are all honest people.

As usual, Yan Jingshu also gave each of them a red envelope, and then introduced her dowry to Jiang Chenghan.

In addition to Zheng Er who took the errand and left, there were two maidservants who served her personally, one named Wenjin and the other Wenxiu, who were originally the two most skilled in the embroidery room of the Duke's Mansion.

Because Yan Jingshu didn't learn how to work as a female worker, Mrs. Yan specially selected these two people for her. Whether it's making clothes, mending or cutting them in the future, it will save the need to find outside tailors, which is inconvenient and worry-free.

In addition to these two little maids, there is also a middle-aged woman in her forties, Zheng Shi, and a young man in her twenties, Zheng Hu.

Mrs. Zheng has good cooking skills. Mrs. Yan thought that Yan Jingshu might not be used to the local food when she arrived in Ningcheng in the future, so she chose her out. She also saw that her husband was good at raising horses and driving carts, and her son Zheng Hu was also smart and capable. It was just right to run errands for Yan Jingshu in the future, so he gave the whole family to Yan Jingshu.

The five dowry servants, compared with the married sons of the Duke's Mansion in the past, can be said to be shabby. But the Jiang family has a small population, so they don't need too many servants, and Yan Jingshu is still thinking about the people Jiang Chenghan bought to serve him when he was in Ningcheng in his previous life, and he wants to get these people back, so he persuades him After seeing Mrs. Yan, he didn't arrange too much dowry for him.

After identifying the people, Yan Jingshu asked these people to retreat and go to their own business, while he and Jiang Chenghan returned to the new house.

Then Yan Jingshu took out the huanghuali box containing her dowry list and other books, opened it, took out the contents and put them in front of Jiang Chenghan, and said: "These are my dowry, do you want to have a look?"

Jiang Chenghan He smiled and said: "Your things, you can keep them by yourself, don't need to show me."

Yan Jingshu nodded, but said: "If you don't look at it, then I will read it to you. Well, clothes, jewelry, accessories I won't talk about these trivial things. At the beginning, there was 6,600 taels of dowry in the dowry gift you gave. Grandma added all these silvers to my press box. In the end, it was a whole, and the total was 30,000 taels. In addition, there are two courtyards in Beijing, one with two entrances and the other with five entrances. The 108 pieces of huanghuali and rosewood furniture and some large and bulky decorations on the dowry list are now placed In this house with five entrances. Grandma said that if we can go back to Beijing in the future, we will live in that house with five entrances.

There are also five shops on Zhuque Street and Jixiang Street. There is a hot spring village at the foot of the mountain, and there are six villages in Beijiao, Yongcheng, and Mo County, including a total of 1,600 mu of paddy fields, 2,100 mu of mulberry fields, more than 1,100 mu of forest land, and twelve hilltops. ..."

Yan Jingshu talked endlessly, but Jiang Chenghan secretly clicked his tongue.

He almost spent all of his family's wealth to buy the dowry gift of nearly eight thousand taels of silver, while Yan Jingshu's silver box alone had thirty thousand taels of silver, plus he knew a little bit about it when he was doing the dowry before. The shopfronts on Zhuque Street, the houses in Wujin, and the hot spring villages in Fenghuang Mountain are all things that are priceless and money may not be able to buy at the feet of the emperor.

But how did Jiang Chenghan know at this time that Yan Jingshu's original dowry was actually not as much as his dowry, and it took a lot of effort to get what he is now.

Originally, when the Xie family was in charge, there was not much money on the books of the Duke's Mansion for Yan Jingshu's dowry. The property that does not match the accounts, now these things have returned to where they came from, that is, in the warehouse of the Duke's Mansion.

Now that there was money in the account, Mrs. Yan decided to draw up Yan Jingshu's dowry list from scratch. Of course, with Mrs. Yan's protective nature, this dowry list naturally only added but not subtracted. Not only did it make sense for Mr. An, In the future, Yan Jingshu will go north with her husband, and the most important thing is to have more money in hand. She added another 10,000 to the original 20,000 taels of silver in the pressed box. In order to have a place to put the 108 pieces of furniture, she also deliberately bought them from her own The largest and best five-entry house was selected from the private property and given to him, and there are other subsidies, which need not be elaborated.

In the end, the total value of Yan Jingshu's dowry was 100,000 taels, which was unbearable. Of course, although this seems like a lot, it is far from the point where it would hurt the government of Anguo after several generations, not to mention that there are many subsidies here from Mrs. Yan.

After Yan Jingshu finished speaking, it was Jiang Chenghan's turn to say something. Although he wasn't someone who felt unbalanced and hurt his self-esteem because his partner was richer than himself, he still felt a little ashamed at this moment, and said, "I'm now I will give you one or two half of the salary. In addition, when I return to Ningcheng, I will go hunting and collecting herbs with my friends in the woods during my ten-day vacation. give you half.

I have to give the other half to a business friend of mine, and let him do business. Then I can share 70% of the profit excluding the principal. But I can't give you the money. You know that I am a soldier, Ning Cheng is far away at the border, and the court's military pay and food are not long enough, I can't watch my subordinates go hungry, so I have to prepare this money just in case, so..." I

feel that I can't give it Yan Jingshu's best living conditions can't even give Yan Jingshu all of himself, Jiang Chenghan feels very guilty for Yan Jingshu in his heart.

" I know, I know—" Yan Jingshu couldn't see Jiang Chenghan's embarrassment the most, and hurriedly stopped him , he stretched out his hand to shake Jiang Chenghan's unconsciously fisted hand, and said softly: "I know, you forgot, my grandfather also galloped on the battlefield. When he was young, he often told me and my brother about the battlefield, so you I understand what you said, and I will never blame you or anything. "

Jiang Chenghan held Yan Jingshu's hand in his palm with his backhand. He looked into Yan Jingshu's eyes and realized that Yan Jingshu was telling the truth, which made him feel even more ashamed.

Seeing this, Yan Jingshu was also a little anxious, so he simply walked up to Jiang Chenghan , holding his face with both hands, slightly frowning and said solemnly: "Look at me, do you think I am a person who dislikes the poor, loves the rich and covets the rich and the rich? "

Jiang Chenghan immediately wanted to shake his head, but Yan Jingshu held his face and couldn't move, so he could only say: "Of course not, that's not what I meant. "

Yan Jingshu was still dissatisfied, and said: "When I wanted to marry you, I knew what kind of person you were and what kind of life you would lead if I married you, but I never took it to heart, but now you But... Forget it, if you dislike me as a money-loving person, then divorce me and marry someone you like in the future—" At the

end, Yan Jing could not suppress the grievance in her writing, her eyes They were all flushed. After that, he let go of his hand, turned around and was about to go out.

Jiang Chenghan didn't expect that he would make someone cry with a few words, and he panicked for a moment, knowing that Yan Jingshu must not be allowed to go away at this moment, so he stretched out his long arms and put his arms around Yan Jingshu's waist, but slightly pushed the person away. It was brought back.

"Let go of me, don't you despise me? Let me go—" Yan Jingshu seemed to be really heartbroken, struggling to herself, but Jiang Chenghan's arms were wrapped around his waist like cast iron, no matter how hard he tried Can't break free at all.

"I didn't mean that, really, you believe me—" Jiang Chenghan put his arms around the man, and he was actually having a hard time at this moment, he was afraid that Yan Jingshu would run away, and he was afraid that Yan Jingshu would feel uncomfortable if his arms were too tight.

Seeing Yan Jingshu struggling non-stop and not listening to him at all, he had no choice but to press Yan Jingshu into his arms directly and forcefully, and said in a deep voice: "I will not divorce my wife, never will, this I only have you in my life, and I only want you, except you, I will never marry anyone

else--" After that, he stopped talking, only silently hugged Yan Jingshu vigorously, and tried his best to let Yan Jingshu understand him mind.

Facts have proved that such a method is effective, Yan Jingshu gradually calmed down, no longer struggling or clamoring to leave. But Jiang Chenghan still didn't dare to let go. He couldn't see Yan Jingshu's face, so he just stood there holding her.

In the end, Yan Jingshu couldn't take it anymore, patted his hard chest, and said: "It's so hot, let me go."

Jiang Chenghan said cautiously: "If you don't go, I will let go."

Yan Jingshu pushed him hard , Said: "If you don't write a letter to release your wife, how can I leave?"

Jiang Chenghan then slowly let go of him, thinking silently: If you don't write it, you will never write it.