Chapter 33 Gui Ning

The third day of the wedding was the day of returning to Ning. Jiang Chenghan had prepared all the homecoming ceremony the day before, and soon after breakfast, he and Yan Jingshu took a carriage to the An Guogong's mansion.

Knowing that Jiang Chenghan and Yan Jingshu would be back today, although Duke An had no choice but to go to court, he still ordered Yan Zhong to wait at the gate in advance, and Mrs. Yan also sent Nanny An.

At the gate of the Duke's Mansion, Jiang Chenghan jumped out of the carriage first, and then steadily helped Yan Jingshu down as well. Yan Zhong arranged for the return ceremony and the carriage to be arranged by the servants of the Duke's Mansion, and they followed Nanny An into the Duke's Mansion, and went straight to the Rong'an Courtyard where Mrs. Yan lived.

Mrs. Yan had been waiting for a long time. Seeing Jiang Chenghan and Yan Jingshu, handsome and elegant, coming hand in hand, she felt that the two people's original approval documents were absolutely correct, and they were truly a match made in heaven.

"Okay, get up quickly." After accepting the gift from the two with a smile, Mrs. Yan hurriedly got them up.

Jiang Chenghan and Yan Jingshu stood up, and then Yan Jingshu introduced Jiang Chenghan's sister-in-law Shen and nephew Xin Geer. Jiang Chenghan and Shen's greeted each other again. Brother Xin was still young, so he was very curious about this little uncle who appeared suddenly, and kept watching with his big eyes blinking.

Jiang Chenghan saw that he was chubby and cute, so he couldn't help liking him a bit, gave him the prepared meeting gift, and stretched out his hand to gently pinch his fleshy cheek.

Brother Xin felt a little embarrassed, hugged Shen's thigh and buried his face on Shen's lower abdomen, but couldn't help showing half of his face secretly, staring at Jiang Chenghan with big eyes thinking that no one had noticed, shy Shy and elf-like, very pleasing.

After getting to know his sister-in-law Shen and nephew Xin, Jiang Chenghan swept around the room without a trace, and saw that the rest of them were all dressed up as maidservants, and it must not be his mother-in-law Xie and Yan Jingshu's younger sister Yan Jingyu, so he couldn't help feeling suspicious.

As if seeing his question, Mrs. Yan smiled and said to him: "Shu'er's mother caught a cold a few days ago, but it hasn't improved. Yu'er is serving her mother's illness, and she doesn't want to be infected too." , so we can't come out to see each other today."

Jiang Chenghan remembered that when the Mid-Autumn Festival came last time, An Guogong said that Xie was ill, and he is still not cured until now, and even Yan Jingyu is also ill, so he couldn't help showing concern, saying: " I don't know how seriously ill my mother-in-law and third sister are?" He stood up and planned to visit her.

Mrs. Yan said: "It's not serious, it's just that the illness relapses and it's hard to recover for a while. Good boy, you have a heart. It's just that your mother-in-law and Yu'er are not easy to see people at the moment, so it's better to wait until they get better and then meet again.

" After the old lady said so, Jiang Chenghan stopped insisting and sat down again, but he was sensitively aware in his heart that the matter should not be as simple as what Old Lady Yan said. But whether Mrs. Yan, Mrs. Shen and Yan Jingshu had no intention of mentioning Mrs. Xie and Yan Jingyu again, they had no choice but to suppress their doubts.

In the early years, the Duke of Anguo's mansion was also enshrined with the honor of martial arts. The old Duke of Anguo was a well-known general of Baisheng, and Mrs. Yan was also a general's tiger daughter. In her early years, she even led the army to save her husband. . Otherwise, Jiang Chenghan may have some shortcomings, but he is very familiar with the matter of leading troops to fight.

Therefore, for a while, the conversation with Mrs. Yan was very pleasant, so that Yan Jingshu and Shen Shi almost couldn't get in the conversation. Meanwhile, Brother Xin looked at Jiang Chenghan, but his eyes became brighter the more he listened, full of admiration.

At the beginning, he still snuggled up to Shen's leg, but he moved to Jiang Chenghan's side without knowing it, until Jiang Chenghan suddenly felt his leg sink, looked down, and put the little guy on his lap, with his mouth open He blinked his big eyes and looked at himself in surprise.

After being discovered, Brother Xin hurriedly got up and was about to run away, but was caught by Jiang Chenghan and hugged him in his arms. After a symbolic struggle twice, he was honestly hugged by Jiang Chenghan.

"Brother Xin likes my uncle so much." Seeing this, Shen couldn't help laughing and joking.

Brother Xin was a little embarrassed, but he still held on to Jiang Chenghan's clothes, and said in a low voice, "Little uncle, little uncle is very good, he can beat big tigers."

Yan Jingshu met Jiang Chenghan for the first time after seeing Brother Xin being so clingy. , was a little surprised, but also happy, so he smiled and said: "Your little uncle can not only fight big tigers, but also has even more powerful skills."

Brother Xin immediately turned his head and looked at Jiang Chenghan with bright eyes, round and round Xiao Rou's face was full of anticipation.

Jiang Chenghan glanced at Yan Jingshu helplessly, but he also liked Brother Xin very much, and he didn't want to disappoint him, so he lifted the child on his shoulders and said, "Little uncle's ability is unmatched in this room." Do you want to go with your little uncle?"

Brother Xin grew up so big, and it was the first time he was carried so high, he felt as if he was flying, and he was frightened and excited at the same time , but children like to play after all, put their arms around Jiang Chenghan's neck and laughed loudly: "Go, go--"

Shen was a little worried at first, afraid that Brother Xin would fall, but seeing Brother Xin reveal Seeing the rare cheerful and lively appearance, after all, he couldn't bear to say anything, so the nurse and maid went out with Jiang Chenghan and Brother Xin.

Brother Xin's laughter became farther and farther away, and the room gradually became quiet. Mrs. Yan took a sip of her tea, then looked at Yan Jingshu, and said, "What do you want to say to me by spending money? "

Grandmother saw it." Yan Jingshu smiled and said something unexpected, but there was no surprise on her face.

Shen showed surprise, she didn't expect Yan Jingshu to send Jiang Chenghan away on purpose.

Yan Jingshu suppressed her smile, and then began to speak, and following his narration, Mrs. Yan gradually became angry, and Mrs. Shen was almost shocked to the point of disbelief.

Mu Tingyuan, the dignified son of the town's prince, actually became violent with Yan Jingshu after drinking, and even came to pester Yan Jingshu after he got married, and uttered threatening words.

"Zhuzi is arrogant——" Mrs. Yan slammed the table after hearing this, with uncontrollable anger in her eyes.

"Grandmother, don't be angry. Mu Tingyuan didn't do anything to his grandson. Cheng Han saved me and taught Mu Tingyuan a lesson. I have his confession in my hand. He dare not do anything." Yan Jing Shu didn't want to make Mrs. Yan angry, because he didn't tell Mrs. Yan about the building outside the building last time.

But now that he had made a feud with Mu Tingyuan, he was worried that Mu Tingyuan would take revenge on himself from An Guogong, so he decided to tell the story so that his grandmother and father could be prepared.

Hearing Jiang Chenghan's name, Mrs. Yan froze slightly, and asked, "Did Jiang Chenghan ever take his anger out on you when Mu Tingyuan came to make trouble?"

Yan Jingshu smiled reassuringly, and said, "Don't worry, grandma, Cheng Han is not that This kind of narrow-minded person didn't take this matter to heart, and never blamed me. It's just that I was worried that Mu Tingyuan might deal with his family through Zhen Guogong and the eldest princess..."

Jiang Chenghan never had a grudge against Yan Jingshu because of this. Mrs. Yan was relieved, but she waved her hand indifferently to Yan Jingshu's worry, and said, "You don't need to worry too much about this. Even if Mu Tingyuan wants to do something, the Duke of Zhen and the eldest princess are both smart." People, but they will not easily manipulate him, let alone make him an enemy of our Duke's Mansion."

Yan Jingshu couldn't help but feel a little guilty because he had caused the matter by himself, and now he felt a little relieved after hearing what Mrs. Yan said. Then he handed over the confession letter written in Mu Tingyuan's blood to Mrs. Yan for safekeeping. If there is an emergency in the future, it may be useful.

Mrs. Yan noticed that Yan Jingshu seemed to be entrusting her, thinking about what Yan Jingshu had told him in her previous life, she wanted to ask something, but she couldn't speak in front of Mrs. Shen.

Mrs. Shen is now the head of the Duke's Mansion, and will be the mother of Duke An in the future. Matters related to the safety of the Duke's Mansion must not be kept from her, but Yan Jingshu's rebirth is of great importance, so it is not appropriate to let her understood.

Yan Jingshu let go of an important matter in his heart, and the smile came back to his face. Jiang Chenghan had almost finished playing with Brother Xin. Seeing that Brother Xin was sweating a little, he was afraid of catching a cold, so he carried the child back to the house. Mrs. Shen was also a little worried, so she temporarily resigned with Mrs. Yan, and carried Brother Xin back to the room to bathe and change his clothes.

Not long after Mrs. Shen and Brother Xin left, Duke An came back from court and was very happy to see Yan Jingshu and Jiang Chenghan. He sat and talked a lot, and it was noon in a short time.

The banquet was placed in the main hall of Rong'an Yuan. After dinner, Brother Xin, who had played around a lot in the morning, became sleepy earlier than usual, so Shen had no choice but to carry him back. Zhou, I can't help but feel a little guilty. Jiang Chenghan wouldn't care about this kind of thing, he just let Mrs. Chen take care of Brother Xin.

After Mrs. Shen left, Jiang Chenghan didn't sit for long, and was dragged by Mr. An to the front yard to look at his collection of treasures. An Guogong is not addicted to alcohol, not lustful, nor greedy for extravagance, the only thing he likes is Wenwan walnuts and other delicate and unique gadgets.

Some of them are not too expensive, but he bought them with great difficulty, and he likes them the most, and he usually hides them easily. But right now, he likes Jiang Chenghan's son-in-law very much, not only showing them all to Jiang Chenghan to admire, but also generously expressing that he can let Jiang Chenghan choose one to give him.

Jiang Chenghan was very flattered. Although he himself had no interest in such things, he couldn't ignore his father-in-law's kindness, so he pretended to hesitate and thought about it, and used his peripheral vision to notice the expression of An Guogong, and finally avoided it. Among Duke An's favorites, he chose the one that Duke An felt the least distressed about.

An Guogong thought in his heart that his son-in-law is indeed an ignorant person, but he said that even if he ordered his servants to dress up Jiang Chenghan so that he could take him away when he left.

On the other side of the Rong'an Courtyard, Mrs. Yan asked a question that was difficult to ask when Mrs. Shen was here, and said: "I remember you said that there will be wars in the northern border towns, and it should be in the next few days Right ?"

"Yes." This is also a big event, Yan Jingshu still remembers it very clearly, and immediately said: "Now the battle retribution has been sent to the capital, and the court received the news in the previous life, and it will be tomorrow."

Madam Yan nodded, no further say. The border war is urgent. Although in Yan Jingshu's previous life's memory, the war was only a false alarm and did not really start, but at the moment, no one knows about it.

As the commander-in-chief of the garrison, Kou Shijun must return to the border immediately, and Jiang Chenghan is his escort, so he should return together. And Yan Jingshu had already made up her mind that she would go with Jiang Chenghan this time, so when she got engaged, she asked Mrs. Yan to choose the nearest date.

It's just that in this way, Yan Jingshu can only stay in Beijing for two or three days, and after leaving, she doesn't know when she can meet again. Mrs. Yan wanted to tell Yan Jingshu something, but she had said what she should say many times before Yan Jingshu got married, so she didn't know what to say at the moment.

Yan Jingshu seemed to have sensed Mrs. Yan's mood, and just when she was about to say something to comfort her, a servant girl came outside to report that Mrs. Xie wanted to see Yan Jingshu when she heard that Yan Jingshu was coming back.

Old Mrs. Yan frowned, and immediately wanted to reprimand the servant girl.

But Yan Jingshu stood up and said: "Grandmother, let me go and see you, this may be the last time..." He also wanted to know what Xie wanted to say by asking him to go.

"You..." Mrs. Yan didn't seem to want Yan Jingshu to go, but Yan Jingshu insisted, she thought about it again and again, finally nodded, and said: "Forget it, you go, you mother and son always have to say something clearly ."

Yan Jingshu pursed her lips, didn't say anything, then saluted and left.

Both Mrs. Xie and Yan Jingyu were imprisoned in the ancestral hall at the beginning, but after Mrs. Xie fell ill, they were moved into the most remote courtyard in the mansion that had been abandoned for many years. They were still unattended and guarded. However, Mrs. Yan also invited a doctor to see a doctor for them, and did not let them fend for themselves.

When Yan Jingshu arrived, he suddenly realized that this small courtyard was somewhat familiar. It turned out to be the previous life. He heard that his grandmother died and came back to attend the funeral. I wanted to tell my father, but my mother found out, and was finally locked up in the yard.

If it wasn't for Jiang Chenghan who rushed over after arranging the military affairs and rescued him, I'm afraid he would die here without a sound and no one would know. Unexpectedly, now, grandma has imprisoned her mother and Yan Jingyu here.