Chapter 76 The True Murder

King Kang is the fifth son of the current emperor. His mother was the emperor's concubine when he buried himself in the residence. I like it, almost like a transparent person in the palace.

When Jiang Chenghan learned from Mu Chongyan that Kang Wang might be related to the poisoning in the prison of the Ministry of Criminal Affairs where he was imprisoned, he asked An Guogong and Mrs. Yan about Kang Wang.

Although he is a noble man, Kang Wang has a gentle, humble and benevolent temperament. He is quite well-known in Beijing, and he is a good old man known by everyone. But Jiang Chenghan knew very well that the people who came out of the deep palace and the forbidden city had experienced several battles for the heir apparent, but they were able to stand alone and not be involved in the slightest. The real King Kang could never be as harmless as he showed .

It's just that after all, he is a prince who already has a certain influence in the capital, even Mu Chongyan had to be more cautious. In the end, it took half a year intermittently to finally tear off the unknown side of King Kang. I saw his wolf ambition and madness hidden under his docile appearance.

Although Jiang Chenghan knew that it was natural for the princes to cultivate their own power in order to compete for the dragon position, but Kang Wang's actions had exceeded the bottom line he could accept. Because he found out that King Kang really colluded with Beidi people.

Daqi and Beidi have been at odds for many years. Jiang Chenghan has been in the army for nearly ten years, and most of the battles are against Beidi's invasion of Daqi's border. Over the years, although he killed many Beidi people, he was on the verge of life and death more than once, and there were countless comrades who fell down and never got up again.

Jiang Chenghan has long hated Beidi. But when he led people disguised as a gang of bandits and robbed a caravan traveling between the capital and Ningcheng belonging to a concubine's mother's family in King Kang's mansion, he found in it the handwritten letter written by King Kang to Beidi King Mu Tuo. At the time of the letter, this deep hatred added another Kang Wang.

In the letter, Kang Wang actually promised Beidi King Mu Tuo to let him go to war with Daqi, and he would operate in Beijing and Ningcheng to help him defeat the Ningcheng army commanded by Kou Shijun. In order to reassure Mu Tuo, he also prepared 100,000 taels of gold, grain, cotton, salt and medicine, etc., which were in short supply in Beidi, and presented them to Beidi in the name of caravan goods to show his sincerity in cooperation.

Before Jiang Chenghan came to the capital, he had heard from Kou Shijun that he had been recruited by more than one prince because he had a large army in his hands. But he didn't want to get involved in the battle for the heir apparent, for fear that his family would be hurt if something happened, so he flatly refused. But he knew that as long as he held Ningcheng's 500,000 troops a day and stared at him, there would be many people who wanted to seize his military power.

It is understandable for the prince to win over Jiang Chenghan, an important minister in the court, in order to consolidate his power, but if he fails to win over, he would not hesitate to join hands with the enemy and slaughter his compatriots. Such a frenzied behavior is completely unacceptable to Jiang Chenghan.

Kang Wang's personal letter was found in the carriage of the leader of the caravan. Although this leader seemed to be an inconspicuous person, he had never entered Kang Wang's mansion even under the surveillance of Jiang Chenghan and the others, but since King Kang dared to If you entrust your own personal letter to him for safekeeping, you must be a very trustworthy person.

So on the one hand, Jiang Chenghan sent someone to inform Mu Chongyan of the matter, while he himself immediately started interrogating the leader. And this trial lasted three days and three nights.

After three days, the leader had become a piece of rotten meat with only one breath left, and Jiang Chenghan also got a thick stack of confessions in his hand. And although he got what he wanted, Jiang Chenghan's heart was not at all relaxed.

The leader was indeed a person Kang Wang trusted very much, not only keeping Kang Wang's personal letter, but also responsible for contacting Beidi. Before that, he also did a lot of things for Kang Wang according to Kang Wang's instructions.

For example, placing people in the Ningcheng garrison and Kou Shijun's governor's mansion, for example letting these people break the covenant between Daqi and Danu, for example stealing the garrison map of Tianming Pass, etc.

However, Kang Wang did not hesitate the interests of Daqi, the safety of the border, and the lives of the troops stationed in Ningcheng and the people. He ordered people to do all of these, just to seize the handle of Kou Shijun, so that he could be pulled off the horse and replaced by his own people. Obtained the military power of hundreds of thousands of troops in Ningcheng, as a help in seizing the heir.

As for the poisoning of Jiang Chenghan in the prison of the Ministry of Criminal Justice, it was indeed Kang Wang who did it. Just because it was Jiang Chenghan who discovered the fake Zhao Dali who stole the garrison map of Tianming Pass at the beginning, and in the end all the manpower that King Kang had inserted in Ningcheng'an was uprooted, and his painstaking planning for many years was completely destroyed. How could he treat Jiang Chenghan? don't hate.

In the past, Jiang Chenghan was in Ningcheng, protected by Kou Shijun, King Kang had nothing to do, but after Jiang Chenghan entered Beijing, he was also implicated in the assassination case, which gave him a chance to express himself. What King Kang didn't expect was that he was one step too late in the end, and Jiang Chenghan was taken away by Mu Chongyan after he arranged the matter.

Jiang Chenghan couldn't think of any other words to describe Kang Wang more suitable for all of the interrogation.

Different from Jiang Chenghan, King Chuxiang saw the filth in the royal family from a young age. For the sake of the supreme position, it is not uncommon to kill brothers and fathers, let alone in the eyes of the royal family, it is the most insignificant Mere people and human lives.

Now that the truth has been found out, King Chu Xiang stopped delaying immediately and took the testimony sent by Jiang Chenghan, the leader, the one hundred thousand taels of gold hidden in the caravan cargo, and other criminal evidence of King Kang together. Sent to the emperor.

In the eyes of the emperor, King Chuxiang is his cousin who grew up with him. He is both civil and military, emphasizing love and righteousness, and is even more loyal to himself. In addition, King Chuxiang has no heirs, which makes him feel at ease and very happy. trust.

If others sent evidence of the prince's crime, he might have to think about whether there was any other involvement behind it, but King Yu Chuxiang had no such concerns at all. Because of this, after seeing the testimonial evidence and knowing the various behaviors of King Kang, the emperor believed it without the slightest doubt, and immediately sent King Chuxiang to lead the imperial army to arrest people.

It was not the first time that Mu Chongyan had done this kind of thing for Lao Tzu to clean up his son. Immediately, the well-versed men gathered and went straight to Kang Wang's mansion, and caught Kang Wang who didn't know what happened.

King Kang didn't know what he had committed, and was ordered by King Chu Xiang to lead troops to surround the palace. King Kang himself and all his family members were also taken away. The news quickly spread throughout the capital.

Because it came so suddenly, everyone couldn't believe it when they suddenly learned about it, but Jiang Chenghan, who knew the inside story, didn't believe it, but he was a little surprised. He didn't expect that King Chuxiang would be more vigorous than he imagined, and he would be more trusted by the emperor than he imagined. However, this is also a good thing for them.

Although everyone in Beijing couldn't believe that King Kang was arrested, it was a fact that King Kang's mansion was surrounded by the forbidden army. In the court hall the next day, when courtiers and clan relatives asked about King Kang, the emperor did not deny it. thing. However, considering the face of the royal family, the emperor did not disclose the collusion between King Kang and Beidi, but only announced other charges of King Kang, such as forming a party for personal gain, embezzlement and bribery, and raising private soldiers, etc., and finally convicted King Kang of rebellion.

However, Xu was thinking about his remaining son. In the end, the emperor did not impose the death penalty on King Kang, but only deposed him as a commoner and imprisoned him in King Kang's mansion.

However, King Kang's subordinates and courtiers who had many connections with him, the emperor was not relentless. He should be caught, copied, and beheaded, and there was a river of blood outside the Meridian Gate.

After the New Year's Eve, Jiang Chenghan has been busy investigating Kang Wang's matter. He has almost no time to rest, but he is busier than when he was in Ningcheng before, and he doesn't have much time to accompany Yan Jingshu and the children.

Now that all the dust has settled, he can finally stay at home easily and for a long time.

During the investigation of Kang Wang's criminal evidence, Jiang Chenghan made a lot of contributions. But Kang Wang is still alive now, and his power is still there. He is worried that Kang Wang will use his remaining power to take revenge on Jiang Chenghan. Moreover, Kang Wang is the prince after all.

In order to prevent Jiang Chenghan's future from being hindered in the future, Mu Chongyan did not mention Jiang Chenghan's name when discussing the merits and rewards. Jiang Chenghan didn't care either. He wasn't someone who was chasing fame and fortune, and he understood Mu Chongyan's concerns. Of course, the safety of his family was the most important thing.

But what Jiang Chenghan didn't know was that King Chuxiang always believed in cutting weeds and eradicating the roots, especially when it was about the safety of Jiang Chenghan and Yan Jingshu's family, he would never tolerate King Kang.

So two months after King Kang was abolished, when the turmoil caused by it had just calmed down, another piece of news was like a thunderbolt, which immediately blew people into a daze.

King Kang is dead. It is said that he fell into the water and died. The emperor was very angry when he heard about it, and he wanted to kill the servants who served King Kang. But Kang Wang's servants knew that they would not end well when Kang Wang died, and in the end they raped and died in Kang Wang's mansion without leaving a whole body behind.

Because of the death of King Kang, the emperor felt a little pity for his relatives. Although the title of King Kang has not been restored, he has given Concubine Kang and her son many comforting rewards, which will also make their life easier in the future.

Mu Chongyan didn't tell Jiang Chenghan about Kang Wang's matter before he did it, but he didn't deliberately conceal it when Jiang Chenghan had some guesses and asked him.

Jiang Chenghan knew that Mu Chongyan must have done this risky thing for him and Yan Jingshu, so he immediately thanked Mu Chongyan. When they got home, they also told Yan Jingshu about it.

Yan Jingshu was silent for a long time after listening, and finally said: "King Chu Xiang is like this, I don't know how to thank him..."

Even though he said so, Yan Jingshu also knew what King Chu Xiang wanted most in his heart, but even though he was prepared in his heart, he would still be a little hesitant when things came to an end.

Jiang Chenghan thought of an incident he heard from his colleagues in the inspection department today, so he suggested to Yan Jingshu: "King Chuxiang's birthday seems to be coming soon, and the people in the department are still discussing to join forces to hold a birthday gift for King Chuxiang. It's not a big deal, but it's also a thought, how about you prepare a gift for King Chu Xiang? It's also a thank you to him."

"Birthday?" Yan Jingshu blinked, thought for a moment, and said, "I I don't know what King Chu Xiang likes, but tomorrow the little emperor and grandson will invite Jia Jia to watch juggling at the Prince's Mansion in Ruijun, and we can discuss it with him when I see my father.

" "Alright." Jiang Chenghan nodded resolutely.