Chapter 79 Enkao

Since the night after the emperor's death, Xiao Yanchu came to visit Jiang Rongjia in a low suit at night, but was driven away after only saying a few words, Xiao Yanchu was obedient and never came again. However, apart from Jiang Rongjia's relationship, the emperor's funeral and the enthronement ceremony of the new emperor were next, and Xiao Yanchu, the crown prince, was indispensable for everything.

The two met again, already a month later. It's still in Jiangfu, Jiang Rongjia's yard. Different from before, this time Xiao Yanchu came during the daytime, but in order not to cause troubles, he still dressed casually.

When the new emperor ascends the throne, in order to show his kindness, he will pardon the world and add Enke. Although Jiang Rongjia was a little worried about his relationship with Xiao Yanchu, but after Enke's order was issued, he put it aside for the time being and dived into the scrolls, making preparations for Enkeo.

When Xiao Yan first came, he didn't let his servants report. Jiang Rongjia was concentrating on his essay, and didn't notice his arrival for a while. Xiao Yanchu didn't bother him either, he just quietly stood beside Jiang Rongjia and watched.

It wasn't until Jiang Rongjia finished an article, lifted his sore neck, but felt a pair of warm hands land on his neck, and kneaded it gently and forcefully, that he suddenly regained his senses.

"Mo Yan, Your Majesty?!" Seeing that the person beside him was Xiao Yanchu, Jiang Rongjia was very pleasantly surprised, but the next moment he suddenly remembered Xiao Yanchu's current identity, and hurriedly took a step back, avoiding Xiao Yanchu's hand, then bowed and knelt to salute.

Before Jiang Rongjia really knelt down, Xiao Yanchu's big hands firmly supported his arms, and directly helped him up. Jiang Rongjia was forced to stand up, and when he was about to say something, Xiao Yanchu

spoke before him: "Is Jiajia going to have a divorce with brother Moyan now?"

However, Jiang Rongjia seemed to hear a sense of grievance from Xiao Yanchu's tone, and when he looked up, Xiao Yanchu's face had lost the gentle smile before, leaving only loss and melancholy.

Jiang Rongjia twitched in his heart, subconsciously took a step forward, and hurriedly said: "Of course not..."

Xiao Yanchu smiled again, and said, "I knew Jiajia would not ignore me."

This time it was Jiang Rongjia A little helpless, he knows that he is different from Xiao Yanchu's monarch and ministers now, but every time he wants to harden his heart and get along with Xiao Yanchu in accordance with the rules, so as not to cause himself and Xiao Yanchu to be criticized and criticized by others, Xiao Yanchu is greatly shocked The injury, as if he had been abandoned, made him not know what to do.

Xiao Yanchu didn't know about Jiang Rongjia's concerns. Seeing that Jiang Rongjia was no longer estranged from him, he stepped forward and pulled him into a chair to sit down, and said softly: "I've written for a long time, are you tired? Come, let me rub it for you. "

Your Majesty can't do it!" Jiang Rongjia hurriedly stood up, although he said that Xiao Yanchu was born differently, but after all, today is different from the past, no matter what, it is impossible for him to get along with Xiao Yanchu casually as in the past.

"Why not?" Xiao Yanchu didn't allow Jiang Rongjia to say anything, and pushed him back, saying: "When we were still in Ningcheng, didn't we often massage each other? Now I will massage you first, and you will do it later. I press it, and I have been critiquing papers for several days, and my neck is stiff, Jiajia should give me a good rub."

When Xiao Yanchu and Jiang Rongjia lived in Ningcheng when they were young, they had to follow Yan Jingshu to read and practice calligraphy every day. Every day, Jiang Chenghan will teach him to practice martial arts for an hour. Although they are both young and have some basic basic kung fu such as Zhamabu, they still suffer from backaches and backaches from tossing them every day.

When resting in the afternoon or evening, the two will help each other, you will rub me for a while, and I will press for you. After a long period of time, among other things, both of them are very proficient in massage techniques without a teacher.

When Xiao Yanchu talked about the past, Jiang Rongjia couldn't help recalling the days in the border town. Although several years have passed, when he thinks about it now, it still seems like it was just yesterday.

"Is Your Majesty uncomfortable?" Jiang Rongjia was originally brought into memory by Xiao Yanchu's words, but when he heard Xiao Yanchu felt unwell, he immediately came to his senses, and then stood up, not allowing Xiao Yanchu to refuse to pull the person into the seat where he had just sat. He sat down on the old seat, and rubbed his palms together a few times to make his palms warmer.

"I'm fine, I haven't finished pressing you yet, don't worry." Xiao Yanchu just said that, just wanting Jiang Rongjia not to reject him, but Jiang Rongjia was worried about him just like he was worried about Jiang Rongjia, since he knew he was uncomfortable, naturally It is impossible to remain indifferent.

"I'm fine. It doesn't matter if you don't need to press it. You don't seem to be fine. Your shoulders are as hard as a piece of wood." Jiang Rongjia said, already using his hands to massage Xiao Yanchu.

Being cared by someone who cared about him, Xiao Yanchu was naturally happy in his heart. Feeling Jiang Rongjia's hands caressing his back over and over again, he couldn't help smiling and narrowing his eyes in comfort and satisfaction, "Jiajia is so nice."

Behind him, Xiao Yanchu Where he couldn't see, Jiang Rongjia pursed his lips and blushed unconsciously.

Xiao Yanchu didn't want to hear Jiang Rongjia call him His Majesty, it would be best if he still called him Brother Moyan like he did when he was a child, but he also knew that it was impossible now, so he didn't say anything more, then closed his eyes and enjoyed this rare The time to be alone with Jiang Rongjia.

I don't know how long after, there was a notification sound from outside the house, it was the palace servant who came with Xiao Yanchu to remind him that it was time to return to the palace.

Jiang Rongjia looked out of the window, and sure enough it was already dark. Although he couldn't bear it, he still had to wake up Xiao Yanchu softly, "Your Majesty? Your Majesty wake up, it's time to go back to the palace."

Xiao Yanchu was in a light sleep at first, but soon He just woke up, and when he stood up, the confusion of early awakening was no longer seen in his eyes, and he only apologized to Jiang Rongjia and said, "I'm sorry, I've worked hard on you, but I fell asleep somehow." He was sitting on a chair, just now Feeling sleepy, she fell asleep without knowing it, and leaned her head on Jiang Rongjia.

Jiang Rongjia shook his head, looked at the obvious bruises under Xiao Yanchu's eyes, and couldn't help but said: "Your Majesty is the one who has worked hard. The state affairs are busy, and His Majesty should also take care of his body and rest more."

"Okay, Jiajia's instructions, I must remember it carefully." Xiao Yanchu still smiled, but it was different from facing outsiders such as clansmen and officials, the smile at this time was most sincere from the heart.

Then he thought of something, and the smile on his face deepened, and he said: "Fortunately, the Enke exam is about to start, and Jiajia Bowen, strong knowledge and literary talent are outstanding, and he must be among the best. Then I can enter the court as an official, and I can relax a lot "

Your Majesty's reputation is too high..." Jiang Rongjia is not a conceited and proud person at all, and he knows that there are heaven and man outside the sky and people, and the scientific examination gathers talents from all over the world. above everyone.

Xiao Yanchu had great confidence in Jiang Rongjia, and before Jiang Rongjia finished speaking, he said, "Jiajia doesn't want to help me?"

Jiang Rongjia had no choice but to say, "Of course not."

Xiao Yanchu said with a smile: "Then I will be in the Hall of Supreme Harmony Waiting for Jiajia." The Hall of Supreme Harmony has always been the place where the palace examination was held, and Xiao Yanchu said this because he was sure that Jiang Rongjia would pass the general examination and get the qualification to participate in the palace examination.

Although Jiang Rongjia is not a proud person, but Xiao Yanchu believes in him so much, he does not want to live up to his expectations, so in the next few days, he will thank guests behind closed doors and concentrate on scientific research, and Xiao Yanchu also knows that Jiang Rongjia is now at an important time , and did not bother him again, as he said, just waiting to see Jiang Rongjia again in the Hall of Supreme Harmony during the palace examination.

The same goes for Jiang Chenghan, Yan Jingshu, Xie Huan, Mu Chongyan and others. They all took care of and supported Jiang Rongjia with all their strength, but they didn't want to put too much pressure on him, so they never bothered him. They only came to ask thank you after class. Huan is.

Soon, a month passed, and the exam will start soon. On the day of the first exam, apart from Jiang Chenghan who was on duty and Mu Chongyan who couldn't show up directly, Yan Jingshu, Xie Huan, and Jiang Rongkang all personally sent Jiang Rongjia to the exam room.

The general examination is the same as the township examination. There are three exams in total, and each exam lasts three days, which is nine days in total. Nine days later, the gate of the Tribute Court opened again, and the candidates who took the exam came out in twos and threes, but they had completely different appearances from when they first entered the Tribute Court nine days ago, almost all of them were listless and disheveled. Among them, Jiang Rongjia, whose clothes were a little disheveled and who had lost some weight, was radiant, clear-eyed, and still walking steadily, which was particularly eye-catching.

Yan Jingshu and the others who had been waiting outside the park gate were not surprised by this. Jiang Rongjia had practiced martial arts with Jiang Chenghan since he was a child. The physique is also much stronger than those weak scholars who can't hold back their shoulders and can't lift their hands.

Coupled with Jiang Chenghan's sudden whim, he set up an exam number at home, allowing Jiang Rongjia to take a mock exam in advance, and also made Jiang Rongjia much more calm about the exam.

Back home, Jiang Rongjia didn't say anything, and Yan Jingshu and others didn't ask. After washing up first and having a good meal, Jiang Rongjia was asked to rest. Although there are beds in the Gongyuan, they are nothing compared to the comfort at home. As for the general examination, the left and right exams have already been completed, and the result has already been determined. It will not change anything if you ask or not, so it is better to let Jiang Rongjia take a good rest first.

Ten days later, the results of the examination were announced. As everyone expected, Jiang Rongjia was on the list, and just like Xiao Yanchu said, he was even at the top of the list. Naturally, Xiao Yanchu fulfilled his wish and met Jiang Rongjia in the subsequent palace examination.

The palace examination usually lasted a whole day, and most of the emperors in the past would leave after the examination started. But Xiao Yanchu couldn't bear this rare opportunity to see Jiang Rongjia openly and aboveboard, so he stayed in the Hall of Supreme Harmony after the exam started, and even got off the dragon chair to visit Chu's students.

Xiao Yanchu was naturally drunk, although he also watched other students, but after all, he walked past Jiang Rongjia the most times and stayed the longest.

Near noon, some palace servants brought food to Xuezi Chu. What surprised everyone was that in the palace examinations, there were only steamed buns and tea to satisfy hunger and thirst, but today the meals sent by the palace people included both meat and vegetables, as well as soups and desserts, all of which were exquisite and delicious.

The tangy and refreshing aroma hit the nostrils, causing Chu Xuezi in the field to stop writing involuntarily, and looked at the delicious dishes one after another.

Xiao Yanchu had already returned to the dragon chair, at this moment he was condescending and saw the behavior of everyone in the hall. Although most of the students were attracted by those meals, they still focused on answering the paper without being disturbed by external objects. Jiang Rongjia was one of the only three people.

When Xiao Yan first saw Jiang Rongjia's serious answer, he felt very proud for a while, but at the same time he was afraid that Jiang Rongjia would be hungry. It's just that he didn't dare to go forward to disturb him, and just stayed in the hall to watch him, so naturally he didn't have any thoughts about eating.

The palace people wanted to persuade them, but their new monarch, who seemed gentle and honest, seemed to be easy to talk, but in fact he was also a man of one word, especially he didn't like people to disobey him, so he didn't dare to speak too much.

After another half an hour, Jiang Rongjia finally let out a long sigh of relief, and put down the pen in Xiao Yanchu's hand.

Xiao Yanchu hurriedly gave instructions to the people around him, the palace servants got the order and left the Hall of Supreme Harmony not only delayed for a while. When Jiang Rongjia checked his paper from the beginning again, making sure that there was nothing wrong with it, and when he put down the paper again, the palace servants from the Imperial Dining Room happened to enter the Hall of Supreme Harmony with a food box containing fresh hot dishes.

At dusk, with the sound of drums, the palace examination officially ended. After saluting to the emperor, Chu students were led by Honglu temple officials to leave the Hall of Supreme Harmony and leave the palace. The student's examination papers were sealed and stamped by the official Mifeng, and then sent to the examination paper officer for evaluation by the minister.

Outside the gate of the palace, many carriages and people had already parked, all of them were waiting for the students who took the exam, and the Jiang family's carriage was naturally among them. At this time, Jiang Chenghan came to pick up Jiang Rongjia along with Yan Jingshu.

On the way back home, Jiang Chenghan and Jiang Rongkang rode on both sides of the carriage, while Jiang Rongjia, Yan Jingshu and Xie Huan rode in the carriage. Neither Xie Huan nor Yan Jingshu had participated in the palace examination, and seeing that Jiang Rongjia was in excellent spirits without any signs of fatigue, they immediately asked him about the palace examination. Jiang Rongjia naturally knew everything.

Unlike the general examination, the results of the palace examination are much faster. On the third day after the palace examination, the gold list was posted. Anyone who was present at the palace examination that day could tell at a glance that the top three in this palace examination were the three students who devoted themselves to answering the papers on the palace examination and were not disturbed by delicacies, and Jiang Rongjia was naturally among them. It's just that this time Jiang Rongjia failed to win the first place again, but Tan Hualang who ranked third.

Although Xiao Yanchu liked Jiang Rongjia, but this time he decided on such a ranking after discussing with the eight ministers who judged the papers. He didn't make Jiang Rongjia the champion because of his own selfishness, otherwise he would humiliate Jiang Rongjia. However, although Jiang Rongjia was not the number one scholar, but he is only seventeen years old now, and he is also the youngest Tanhualang since the founding of the dynasty.

The results of the palace examination have been released, but Jiang Rongjia has no leisure for the time being, first he rides horses with the number one scholar, and then goes to the Qionglin Banquet. There is also a big banquet at home to celebrate, and there are invitations from classmates and friends to make old friends, so you can't completely shirk them. Therefore, although the imperial examination was over, Jiang Rongjia felt more tired than when preparing for the exam.

Fortunately, such days didn't last too long, and it didn't take long for Jiang Rongjia to join the Hanlin Academy. He was the third in the first class and was appointed editor of the Hanlin Academy. Although he is only a seventh-rank official, it is not as easy to accumulate political achievements as the number one scholar and the second-ranked officials, but he is a close minister of the emperor, which can be regarded as a little selfishness of Xiao Yanchu.

There is nothing wrong with Jiang Rongjia about this, he is still young after all, if he is really released, not to mention Xiao Yanchu, even Jiang Chenghan and Yan Jingshu are worried. You can serve the country as well as in Beijing and China, and you can save your relatives from worrying, which is the best of both worlds.

The editorial work of the Hanlin Academy was to draft the edicts and confidential documents, but because of Xiao Yanchu's selfishness, compared to the Hanlin Academy, Jiang Rongjia spent the longest time in Zhaohua Hall, the emperor's bedroom.

Jiang Rongjia was sent to the Zhaohua Palace in the name of serving as a student, but after entering the palace, Xiao Yanchu dismissed most of the palace staff, leaving only two confidants serving tea, but did not take out any books to ask for. Instead, he directly picked up a memorial from the imperial case and gave it to Jiang Rongjia.

Naturally, Jiang Rongjia didn't dare to accept it, and hurriedly said: "Your Majesty, I don't dare."

Xiao Yanchu directly handed it to Jiang Rongjia, full of distress: "Jiajia should help me, I have approved two since the next court." It's time for Shi Chen, and my eyes are almost blurred, can Jia Jia read it to me?"

Jiang Rongjia was startled at first, but he just wanted to read it to Xiao Yanchu, although this was not his own accusation, but for the sake of It is the duty of a minister to share your worries, and seeing that Xiao Yanchu's eyes were bloodshot, he finally complied.

The clear and bright melodious voice rang out without rush, like jade falling into a clear spring, or like a breeze blowing on the face, making Xiao Yanchu's tiredness seem to be blown away in an instant.

After reading one book, Jiang Rongjia returned the memorial to Xiao Yanchu, Xiao Yanchu also took it back, and said with a smile: "Thank you for your hard work."

"It is the duty of a minister to relieve His Majesty's worries."

Xiao Yanchu sighed in his heart, he became the emperor, After all, today is different from the past. Fortunately, he was already prepared for this matter, and he didn't worry about it for too long. After raising the ink pen for review, he picked up another memorial and handed it to Jiang Rongjia.

It's just that this time Xiao Yanchu instructed: "Jiajia can read the memorial roughly first, simplify its review, and just tell me the main idea of ​​the content. In this way, you don't have to talk too much, and you can save some time."

If Jiang Rongjia really He finished reading the memorial book by book word for word, and he might lose his voice if he didn't wait until tomorrow, how could he be willing to do so.

Jiang Rongjia didn't realize that Xiao Yanchu's original intention was to feel sorry for him, but he also felt that what Xiao Yanchu said was not unreasonable. In this way, according to the words, he quickly read the memorial from the beginning to the end, and then extracted the main content of the memorial to Xiao Yanchu.

With Jiang Rongjia's company and assistance, Xiao Yanchu was in a happy mood, and it became easier and faster to approve the memorial. It's just that it didn't take long for Xiao Yanchu to stop laughing.

The cause is still a memorial, which was sent by the imperial envoy, stating that the emperor's throne is vacant, the harem is empty, and the emperor has no heirs, fearing that the subjects will be uneasy and hinder the country and the country. offspring.

When Xiao Yan came to the throne for the first time, according to the convention, there should be a draft, but he used the reason that he wanted to mourn for the emperor's grandfather, so he did not want to show off the general election. But this reason obviously did not convince the courtiers. Don't say that Xiao Yanchu is only the emperor's grandson, that is, the late emperor's own son, even though he has succeeded to the throne, there is no one who refuses to marry a wife or have children in order to mourn.

So even though Xiao Yanchu said so, the courtiers still kept talking about this matter. It's fine to say it in the court, but now it's written in the memorial, making Xiao Yanchu not pure for a moment.

Although Xiao Yanchu was a little annoyed by the courtiers, he was not worried. If he doesn't let go of this matter, no matter how much others say, it will be useless. It's just that he didn't expect Jiang Rongjia to find out about this matter today, which made him a little upset for a while.

He wanted to throw the memorial aside and ignore it, so that Jiang Rongjia would know what he meant, but seeing Jiang Rongjia lowered his brows and lowered his eyes, as if he was indifferent, Xiao Yanchu couldn't help but pause.

"Jiajia thinks what the envoy doctor said is right?" Holding the memorial in his hands, Xiao Yanchu looked straight at Jiang Rongjia, the smile on his face remained unchanged, but there seemed to be something hidden deep in his eyes.

Jiang Rongjia didn't expect Xiao Yanchu to ask him this, so he pursed his lips and thought for a while, then said: "The doctor's words are not unreasonable..."

Although he had expected it, Xiao Yanchu couldn't help but feel a little bit astringent when he heard this sentence, and he squeezed the memorial so hard until it turned white.

Jiang Rongjia didn't notice Xiao Yanchu's strangeness, and then said: "However, whether it's the empress or the concubine, after all, the person next to your majesty's pillow must be according to your majesty's wishes. If your majesty doesn't want it, it's for other reasons But I have to follow, this may not be beneficial to the country, and it also... wronged Your Majesty." The

bitterness in Xiao Yanchu's eyes instantly disappeared when he heard the words, Jiajia is different from others, compared to the court and society, after all, what he cares about the most It's him.

The corners of his lips were drawn up happily, and as soon as his hands were loosened, the memorial was almost pinched and deformed and was thrown on the corner of the table. Xiao Yanchu was so happy in his heart, he couldn't help but said again: "It suits my heart? But if the person who suits me doesn't want to What should I do if I enter the palace?"

"Don't want to enter the palace?" Jiang Rongjia was stunned for a moment, a strange emotion floated up in his heart, for a moment he didn't know whether he should be surprised that Xiao Yanchu had a person he liked, or that he couldn't even look at the emperor Xiao Yanchu Going up, he couldn't help saying: "Your Majesty is the lord of the world, dragons and phoenixes are incomparably noble, how could someone reject Your Majesty?"

Xiao Yanchu shook his head and sighed: "It's not that the person doesn't want to enter the palace, it's just that the rules of the palace are complicated. It's not as comfortable and comfortable as outside, and I can't bear to restrain him, making him trapped in this majestic palace wall for life like me."

Xiao Yanchu is so affectionate, how could Jiang Rongjia remain indifferent, but the inexplicable emotion in his heart swelled in vain , which made him inexplicably confused for a while, not knowing what to say.

After a long while, he moved his lips, lowered his eyes and said: "Your Majesty is deeply affectionate. If that person finds out, he will think about it and think about it. He can't bear to be alone."

If Xiao Yanchu got married and had children in the future, the courtiers There will be no embarrassment and persecution for him, and his throne will be more stable, and he will marry the person he likes, and he will live a happy and joyful life. Jiang Rongjia felt that he should be happy for Xiao Yanchu, but he couldn't see how forced the smile on his face was at the moment.

Xiao Yanchu could see it clearly, whether it was Jiang Rongjia's forced smile, or the fingers he unconsciously pinched, all caused waves of joy in his heart, which lasted for a long time.

After Jiang Rongjia finished speaking, he hadn't heard Xiao Yanchu speak for a long time. When he recovered from his inexplicable emotions, Xiao Yanchu was close at hand when he raised his head

. , with a gentle voice, whispering like a whisper, said to Jiang Rongjia: "Jiajia said it herself, she can't bear me being alone, Jiajia can't keep her word."

Jiang Rongjia's eyes widened suddenly.