Chapter 54 Return

In the nearly two years since the fake Zhao Dali entered Ningcheng, relying on his outstanding ability and Jiang Chenghan's deliberate actions, the fake Zhao Dali has changed from an ordinary soldier to a man in charge of several soldiers. Very long.

After receiving the task of guarding Tianming Pass, Jiang Chenghan was afraid that the fake Zhao Dali would cause chaos when he was not in Ningcheng, so he simply used his power to transfer the fake Zhao Dali to his team, and then took them to Tianming Pass together.

Originally, because the fake Zhao Dali has never had any abnormalities, Jiang Chenghan somewhat gave up his plan to catch him. He only planned to wait until he received the secret mission like in his previous life, so he would naturally know about the fake Zhao. What is the ultimate goal of Dali.

He just didn't want to, because this time was different from his previous life, he brought the fake Zhao Dali to Tianming Pass, and unexpectedly discovered something wrong with the fake Zhao Dali.

The matter began on a certain day more than three months after they arrived at Tianming Pass. At that time, he had just inspected the entire camp and was about to return to his barracks when he heard two soldiers talking about the fake Zhao Dali Come.

Jiang Chenghan asked what happened, and later learned from the narration of the two soldiers that the fake Zhao Dali had a piece of clothing that his mother sewed for him when he left home to join the army. After many years, Patch is tired of Patch's tattered old clothes, but he still cherishes them very much. Now that he has become an officer, he has no shortage of clothes to wear, so he puts away the old clothes, and occasionally takes them out to look at them, as a token of his longing for his mother.

As a result, after he came back from duty today, he found that the old clothes had been taken to be washed by a soldier who cleaned up the barracks for him, his expression changed drastically, and he went to find the soldier in a panic. Fortunately, Xiao Bing just took the clothes away and was fetching water from the well, before he could wash them, the fake Zhao Dali found the clothes in good condition, and he was relieved happily.

It's just that the fake Zhao Dali, who has always been stable and peaceful, changed his face just because of an old dress. Although he also knew that the clothes were sewn for him by his mother, this still made the two soldiers feel that it was fake Zhao Dali's reaction. It was too exaggerated, so they discussed it in private.

After hearing what the two said, Jiang Chenghan didn't show anything on his face, he just told them not to talk about Shangguan at will, and then sent them away. But then, he found an excuse and transferred the fake Zhao Dali out of the barracks, while he avoided people and sneaked into the fake Zhao Dali's barracks, and found his old clothes.

The old clothes were very old, with a dirty yellow color and covered with patches of various sizes and shades. It seemed to be made of the most common linen, but the stitches were very fine. It was a top.

Jiang Chenghan looked at the old clothes over and over for a long time, but he still didn't see anything in the performance, and there was nothing hidden in the interlayer. He just remembered that the two soldiers said that the fake Zhao Dali knew that the old clothes were being washed. He immediately changed his face, and looked at the old clothes again, and began to think about it.

But if he wanted to find out, he was afraid that the fake Zhao Dali would be alarmed, so Jiang Chenghan put the old clothes back to the original place and left the barracks for the time being.

But he didn't give up, so a few days later, the barracks suddenly caught fire. Although the fire did not expand due to the timely discovery, most of the fake Zhao Dali's barracks that started the fire was burned down, and a lot of things inside were also burned, including the fake Zhao Dali's old clothes, which were also burned. Only half of it was left.

While the fake Zhao Dali was being comforted by everyone, holding the old clothes and other personal belongings that smelled of burnt, Jiang Chenghan flattened a piece of fabric cut from the old clothes of the fake Zhao Dali in his barracks. Spread it on the table, then carefully cut the cotton thread with a dagger, and removed the patches on it.

Unexpected and expected, inside the patches, there are traces left by charcoal. Although the patches were messy and missing, Jiang Chenghan couldn't piece together the complete pattern, but just the slight traces of the patches on his hands were enough for him to recognize that what was drawn on the patches was the defense map of the entire Tianming Pass .

He exhaled slowly, after nearly two years of patience and dormancy, he was finally caught. That fake Zhao Dali really had a lot of schemes, not just for himself.

But right now he has to be stationed at Tianming Pass, and he is exhausted, so he can't continue to investigate. Fortunately, now that he has evidence, he can tell Kou Shijun to interrogate and investigate.

Jiang Chenghan stopped delaying immediately, and immediately wrote a coded letter that only Kou Shijun could understand, the content of which was his discovery of the fake Zhao Dali's old clothes, and then ordered his cronies to deliver the secret letter to the Ningcheng Governor's Mansion , handed over to Kou Shijun.

As for the fake Zhao Dali himself and the old clothes as evidence, he didn't move for the time being. It was not until ten days later that Zhang Zhao brought people to Tianming Pass again, that Jiang Chenghan gave him the half of the old clothes he had obtained.

Then, they did not prevent the rumors from spreading, they did not arrest the fake Zhao Dali directly, but brought the fake Zhao Dali and several other misleading chiefs back to Ningcheng in the name of the transfer order.

Jiang Chenghan didn't know what happened after that, he just guarded Tianming Pass with peace of mind. Beidi has already started a war with Danu, if he provokes Daqi, he will be attacked by the enemy, and he doesn't want to do that. Therefore, in the following days, Tianming Pass was always calm and there was no war.

What surprised Jiang Chenghan was that Kou Shijun sent a general to take his place at Tianming Pass a month in advance before his half-year term expired. Jiang Chenghan knew that something must have happened in Ningcheng, so after the handover, he rode to Ningcheng. After entering the city, he went straight to the Governor's Mansion.

"General." Once Jiang Chenghan saw Kou Shijun upon entering the Dudu's mansion, he found another middle-aged man in a purple official uniform in the hall.

"It's just right to come back." Kou Shijun was talking to the middle-aged man, and when he heard Jiang Chenghan's voice, he looked at him, and said: "This is Master Liu, the imperial envoy who came to investigate the fake Zhao Dali in the capital. Come and tell Mr. Liu the details of what happened."

Jiang Chenghan didn't want to think that Kou Shijun had already reported the matter to the imperial court in just over a month, and even the imperial envoys had arrived in Ningcheng. According to what Kou Shijun said, he detailed everything from discovering the abnormality of the fake Zhao Dali to obtaining the half of the old clothes by tricks, and discovering the patches with the defense maps.

What Jiang Chenghan said, Kou Shijun had actually told the imperial envoy a long time ago, so after Jiang Chenghan finished speaking, the imperial envoy did not show any strange expression, just nodded, and then said to Kou Shijun: "General Kou, I don't know that Zhao Dali and others are currently being held in prison. Where?"

"It's in the dungeon of the Governor's Mansion, if Mr. Liu wants to see them now, I'll order someone to bring them up." Kou Shijun said.

Mr. Liu shook his head, and said:

"There is no need for that, I will go to the dungeon myself."

Kou Shijun didn't force it, and then called someone to lead the way for the imperial envoy.

"General, what's going on here? How could there be an imperial envoy?" As soon as Master Liu left, Jiang Chenghan asked Kou Shijun.

Kou Shijun first screened away everyone except Jiang Chenghan, then took out a wooden box from the hidden compartment of the desk, opened a stack of thick, handwritten paper inside, handed it to Jiang Chenghan, and said: "These things Zhao Dali, and the confessions of the accomplices he recruited, you should take a look first."

Jiang Chenghan didn't speak, took the wooden box, took out the papers, and looked at them seriously, but when he looked at them, his eyebrows frowned .

The paper is full of fake Zhao Dali's confession, starting from his original name and origin, when and where he was recruited by whom, and he was ordered to sneak into the Ningcheng army during the conscription two years ago, and he was in Ningcheng. The contacts in the city, etc., are all described in detail and clearly.

In addition to the fake Zhao Dali, there is also the confession of his accomplice in Ningcheng that Kou Shijun caught based on his confession. One after the other, in nearly two months, Kou Shijun caught a total of seven people.

These seven people were scattered in various businesses in Ningcheng, some joined the army like the fake Zhao Dali, some opened taverns and rice shops to do business, and what's more, some were in charge of raising horses in the Governor's Mansion.

Kou Shijun, who had been an official and general for many years, was not surprised that people around him and in the army were buried. Although he is far away from the capital, he has never been far away from the battles in the court for a moment, and there are never fewer people who are looking forward to grabbing his pigtails and pulling him off the horse so that he can be replaced.

But knowing that doesn't mean he can let it go, and he can't let others spy on him. What's more, now that he has caught everyone and has more solid evidence, he just happens to have an explosion to deter those with ulterior motives.

Therefore, although it was not possible to find out who was instigating behind the fake Zhao Dali and the others, Kou Shijun still made a copy and sent it to the capital in an expedited eight hundred miles. The defense map of Tianming Pass stolen by the fake Zhao Dali is enough to prove the wolf ambition of the person behind it. Kou Shijun knows that the emperor will never remain indifferent.

It was a matter of the border, or even the safety of the whole country. Of course, the emperor would not let it go. As soon as he received Kou Shijun's report that someone had stolen the defense map of Tianming Pass, he immediately ordered the imperial envoy to go to Ningcheng to thoroughly investigate the matter.

Regarding the source of the incident, Jiang Chenghan, who discovered the abnormality of the fake Zhao Dali, the imperial envoy naturally wanted to meet and ask in person, so Kou Shijun transferred Jiang Chenghan back in advance.

It's just that he asked Jiang Chenghan to come back, but not only for this matter.

This time, those who came to Ningcheng from the capital were not only the imperial envoys who investigated the fake Zhao Dali, but also the envoys sent by Daqi to Dannu to conclude the covenant, and the envoys who ordered Kou Shijun to send troops to reinforce Danu.

Now it is mid-spring, the ice and snow are about to melt away, the war between Dannu and Beidi is about to resume, and the debate in the court about whether to reinforce Dannu has finally come to an end, the emperor finally agreed to the request of the Dannu envoy, At the same time, a decree was given to Kou Shijun to help Dannu resist Beidi, and to send people to escort Princess Dannu and the things Dannu sent to Beijing.

After receiving the order, Kou Shijun immediately dispatched troops, but at the same time, he knew very well that Beidi would not just watch Daqi and Danu join hands to deal with him, and would definitely make some moves. But right now, Da Qi's envoy is their best target.

If the envoy of Daqi died in the territory of Danu, the alliance between the two countries would definitely be affected. Even if the alliance would not be abolished in the end, it would be delayed for a period of time. The best opportunity in Danu.

In order to prevent the alliance between the two countries from being destroyed, Kou Shijun, after discussing with Emissary Daqi, decided to replace the envoy with the deputy of Emissary Daqi, and went to Danu in an open and honest manner, while the real envoy of Daqi was ordered by Kou Shijun to secretly Jiang Chenghan was the one chosen by Kou Shijun to escort him into Danu.

He ordered Jiang Chenghan to select fifty capable people from the army to form a temporary team, sneak into Dannu secretly with the envoy of Daqi, and take Princess Dannu into Daqi.

The secret mission that cannot be known to outsiders, the fifty elites specially selected, these familiar words made Jiang Chenghan stunned all of a sudden. Counting the days, Li Yan Jingshu said that the date of his death in the previous life is only half a month away...