Chapter 60 Meeting

Not long after Jiang Chenghan was taken to the prison belonging to the Audit Department, Yan Jingshu, An Guogong and others in Anguogong's mansion also learned about it.

However, what they knew more than Jiang Chenghan was that Duke An found out that the assassination of Dannu's maid was originally entrusted to the Dali Temple and the Ministry of Criminal Justice by the emperor for trial, but Mu Chongyan, king of Chuxiang, suddenly took the initiative to ask the emperor for help. After completing this job, the people involved in the assassination case, including Jiang Chenghan, were transferred from the prison of the Criminal Ministry to the prison of the Inspection Department.

After getting the news, Yan Jingshu's expression turned very ugly, and An Guogong and others also frowned.

Although Yan Jingshu has been away from Beijing for many years, he has heard of the name of King Chu Xiang. As the only king with a different surname in Daqi, his own ability is outstanding, and as the emperor's cousin, King Chuxiang is deeply trusted and relied on by the emperor, and he has a detached position in the court, which is like some noble emperors. Noble Sun, when he saw him, he was always respectful and did not dare to neglect him in the slightest.

In the entire Daqi, it is no exaggeration for King Chuxiang to say that one person is under one person and above ten thousand people, and the inspectorate he is in charge of is the place where everyone in the capital is talking about it. Prison has always been almost lifeless, there is no exit. Even if the people who were taken away were lucky enough to come out alive, they are already inhuman shape, which is horrible to look at.

Now that Jiang Chenghan is locked in, he doesn't know what kind of torture he will be subjected to. Just thinking about it, Yan Jingshu feels that his heart hurts so much that he can hardly breathe. It pierced into the flesh but felt no pain.

Seeing this, Duke An sighed, but he didn't know what to say. If Jiang Chenghan was still in the prison of the Ministry of Justice, with his status as Lord An and Minister of the Ministry of War, he might be able to get some favors for Jiang Chenghan from the Minister of Dali Temple and the Minister of the Ministry of Justice. However, King Chuxiang has a high status and will not release anyone except the emperor In his eyes, even if he went to intercede, I am afraid that not only would it be useless, but it would be counterproductive, making King Chuxiang displeased, and it would be even less beneficial to Jiang Chenghan.

As for currying favor with King Chuxiang, Beijing has never lacked such people. However, King Chuxiang is not lewd, does not drink alcohol, does not like extravagance, and has no preference. Even if someone wants to please, he has no way to do it. On the contrary, if he is careless, he will anger King Chuxiang and cause disaster for himself. Therefore, it is impossible to please King Chuxiang.

Yan Jingshu was anxious, Duke An was in trouble, even Mrs. Yan was a little helpless, she frowned and said nothing, and the room could hear needles dropping for a while.

And Xie Huan, who had been drooping his eyes and remained silent ever since he heard the words King Chu Xiang from An Guogong, looked at Yan Jingshu, whose face was pale and at a loss, and whose eyes were full of anxiety, Yan Zhong couldn't help showing complicated emotions. look. He frowned slightly, and his thin lips were tightly pursed, as if hesitating and struggling.

After a while, he closed his eyes and finally made a decision in his heart.

Without further delay, Xie Huan opened his eyes and said to everyone: "...I'm going back first, Shu'er, don't worry too much, Cheng Hanji is a man of nature, and he will be fine." Then he stood up .

Yan Jingshu regained consciousness, forced a smile, and said: "Thank you uncle, I understand, I will take you out." Xie's mother is still ill, and Xie Huan can't stay in the Duke's mansion forever.

Xie Huan didn't use Yan Jingshu to send him off, he just let Yan Jingshu sit down, and soon left An Guogong's mansion alone. It's just that after leaving An Guogong's mansion, Xie Huan rode on the horse and paused for a while, but instead of going back to Xie's house, he went in another direction.

Not long after, Xie Huan's horse stopped in front of a grand gate. Looking at the plaque hanging on the vermilion gate, the four gilded characters of "Chuxiang King's Mansion" can't help but appear in his eyes. Show some complicated emotions.

"Excuse me, may I ask if King Chu Xiang is in the mansion now?" Xie Huan got off his horse and stepped forward to ask the guards of the palace.

The guard glanced at Xie Huan and said, "My lord is in the mansion at the moment, I wonder if you are?"

Xie Huan pursed his lips, and then said: "My surname is Xie Minghuan. I am the King of Chuxiang...an old acquaintance. I have something to see today. Please let

me know." Besides, he didn't say anything else, but he didn't ask any more questions, just said 'wait', and then turned and entered the palace. However, he is just a guard guarding the gate, and he is not qualified to meet King Chu Xiang directly, and there will be people who ask to see King Chu Xiang every day in the Palace of King Chu Xiang. If everyone comes to King Chu Xiang in person, then Chu Xiang The king can't do anything else, just send these away every day.

Therefore, the guards only informed the little steward at the concierge, and then the little steward informed the senior steward, and the senior steward informed Chang Shi of the palace. Finally, Chang Shi decided whether to handle it by himself or to report to him. King Chuxiang.

When the little steward heard Xie Huan's name at the beginning, he matched the dignitaries in Beijing in his mind, but none of them matched, so he was a little contemptuous of Xie Huan, but when he thought that Xie Huan said that he was Chu Xiang Wang's old acquaintances did not dare to be dismissed casually, and in the end he personally reported it to the chief steward.

The chief steward's mind was similar to that of the junior steward's, and after some consideration, he reported it to the long history of the palace.

Having nothing to do in the afternoon, Chang Shi was drinking tea and teasing the birds leisurely. He didn't pay much attention at first when the chief steward came. Squirted out.

The chief steward didn't want such a big reaction from Chang Shi, he was taken aback, but he hurriedly went to help Chang Shi wipe the tea stains on his clothes, and went to help Chang Shi pat his back, but was swung away by Chang Shi Grabbing his collar, he asked eagerly: "That man really said that his name is Xie Huan, what does he look like, how old is he?"

Although the chief steward had never met the real Xie Huan, he also heard the junior steward talk about Xie Huan's appearance, Immediately said hurriedly: "It's a middle-aged twin who seems to be in his thirties, looks very good, looks like a scholar, wearing a blue shirt..."

Before the chief manager finished speaking, Chang Shi slapped his thigh suddenly, and said, "Yes, you must be right, it must be Mr. Xie—"

he said, and ran out in a hurry, and then ran out. door, and remembered something, said: "No, I have to tell the prince first—" Then he said to the chief manager: "You, hurry up and invite Mr. Xie in, don't let him run away, go—— "

Although the chief manager didn't know who this Xie Huan was, seeing Chang Shi's excited reaction, he no longer looked down on Xie Huan in his heart, and after a reply, he hurried forward He went to the gate himself, and invited Xie Huan, who had been waiting for a long time, into the palace of Prince Chu Xiang without appointing anyone else. His attitude was even more respectful, and he dared not show any contempt.

Xie Huan didn't feel at a loss about this. Twenty years ago, before all that happened, he was always treated like this when he came to the palace, and now he doesn't feel too surprised.

Compared with the last time I came to the Chuxiang Palace 20 years ago, the current Chuxiang Palace does not seem to have changed at all, except that the flowers and plants on both sides of Qingshibanyong Road seem to be the same as they were back then, which is uncontrollable, Xie Huan Various scenes from that year emerged in his mind, and the pace under his feet unknowingly slowed down a lot.

The chief steward led the way for Xie Huan, and kept paying attention to Xie Huan. Seeing that Xie Huan's footsteps slowed down, he immediately raised his heart, for fear that Xie Huan would run away. Fortunately, Xie Huan just walked slowly, and finally he was successfully led to sit in the teahouse in the palace for guests.

Soon a servant brought tea, and Xie Huan also picked it up and drank it. As soon as he drank the tea, he paused. Junshan Silver Leaf, his favorite tea. Putting down the tea cup and looking around, the pine bonsai on the flower stand and the pastries on the coffee table are all his favorites.

Just discovering these did not make Xie Huan feel much joy. Afterwards, he stopped looking, and sat down in meditation with his eyes slightly lowered.

Not long after, there was a sound of steady and familiar footsteps, Xie Huan came back to his senses, he raised his head, and bumped into a pair of deep and quiet eyes.

I haven't seen him in twenty years, and the facial features and outlines of the person in front of me are still familiar and handsome, but compared with the high-spirited and high-spirited young man back then, the fine lines at the corners of the eyes and the star-white temples make the whole person like a sheathed sword, Fengrui is gone, only more calm and introverted, but it is still not to be underestimated.

"...Long time no see." After staring at each other in silence for a while, Xie Huan spoke first, but his voice was slightly hoarse.

Mu Chongyan looked at Xie Huan in front of him without blinking, and then chuckled lightly after a while, and said, "Yeah, long time...no see."

Xie Huan lowered his eyes slightly, avoiding his oppressive gaze , paused, and then said again: "... Back then, you said that you owed me, and you would promise no matter what I asked you to do. Does this promise still count now?" It

seemed that Jiu Yuan was awakened by Xie Huan's words Mu Chongyan was silent for a moment, then nodded, and said: "...Of course."

Xie Huan raised his eyes to look at Mu Chongyan, and said, "I know that the investigation of the assassination of Dannu's maid is now under the responsibility of your audit department. Among them, Jiang Chenghan, the guard commander who escorted Princess Danu to Beijing, I hope you can let him go?"

"You want me to bend the law for personal gain?" Mu Chongyan didn't seem surprised or puzzled by Xie Huan's pleading for Jiang Chenghan. He only raised his eyebrows and asked back.

"You should know that Jiang Chenghan had nothing to do with the assassination case, but was innocently involved. Whether he lives or dies depends only on your words." Xie Huan replied calmly.

The Audit Department is Mu Chongyan's territory, and the emperor trusts him very much. As long as he speaks for Jiang Chenghan, it is worth a thousand words for others.

"What if I don't agree? I did promise to do anything for you, but only for you, and..." Mu Chongyan was not convinced by Xie Huan, he paused, and then said: "... ...If I let him go, how can I let you come to me again?"

Xie Huan was slightly stunned. After realizing the deep meaning in Mu Chongyan's words, he stood up suddenly and said angrily, "You did it on purpose. You asked to investigate the assassination case on purpose so that you could arrest Jiang Chenghan and threaten me?"

Mu Chongyan nodded , did not deny it, and said frankly: "I didn't have much hope at first, after all, Jiang Chenghan is only your nephew's husband, and the Xie family and the Yan family have already broken up, but I didn't expect that I would bring him into the inspection After only a few hours, you came to the door. In this way, I can't let him go easily..."

Hearing this, Xie Huan couldn't help becoming more angry, but at the same time he also felt guilty, which he never expected Well, Jiang Chenghan's twists and turns were caused by him.

"How on earth do you want to let him go?" Xie Huan gritted his teeth and said, since Jiang Chenghan suffered because of him, he must rescue Jiang Chenghan no matter what.

Although this was what he wanted to hear with all his heart, but now that he really heard it, Mu Chongyan didn't feel much relief in his heart. Undercurrents surged in his eyes, but they soon returned to concentration. Things have come to this, if you miss this opportunity, I am afraid that you will never be able to get the person in front of you again for the rest of your life.

Mu Chongyan got up slowly, walked in front of Xie Huan, then leaned over slightly, and whispered a few words into Xie Huan's ear.

Xie Huan's pupils shrank suddenly, his face flushed red instantly, and he stared angrily at Mu Chongyan in front of him, his fingers trembling, "You, shameless—"

Regarding Xie Huan's reaction, Mu Chongyan was not surprised, but he was happy with it. After more than ten years of hard waiting and anticipation, and the obsessive desire that penetrated into the bone marrow, he has long since lost his original state of mind. Even if Xie Huan would hate him, he must get him this time, and he will never make the same mistakes as he did more than ten years ago.