Chapter 42 Wind Chill

"Jing Shu, Jing Shu—" The body of the person in his arms was hot, his pajamas were soaked with sweat, his face was flushed, and he could tell at a glance that he had a high fever, Jiang Chenghan was worried.

Yan Jingshu frowned uncomfortably, did not open her eyes, only hummed softly, and uttered a few words weakly in a low voice, "...hot, so hot..." She stretched out her hand to pull the quilt as she spoke.

Jiang Chenghan hurriedly pressed his hand, wrapped him in a quilt, then took a coat from the hanger and put it on his body, and walked out of the house quickly, heading for the front yard.

He found Zheng Er's room in the inverted room in the front yard and woke him up. After ordering him to call for a doctor, Jiang Chenghan turned around and went to the kitchen, fetched a basin of water and returned to the bedroom.

At this time, Wen Jin and Wenxiu had heard about Jiang Chenghan's movements and they were already up, they were huddled in front of Yan Jing's bed at a loss, when they saw Jiang Chenghan came back, they hurriedly moved away.

Jiang Chenghan didn't say anything to them either, he just put the basin on the small table at the head of the bed, then took a towel, soaked it in the water and wrung it out slightly, put it on Yan Jingshu's forehead, and tucked it up for Yan Jingshu Tucked in the quilt that he broke open some gaps.

Seeing Yan Jingshu's distressed appearance, Jiang Chenghan frowned, he was worried and blamed himself, his face was very ugly, he didn't dare to let out the brocade pattern, he just stood by and watched, waiting for Jiang Chenghan's orders.

The handkerchief had been changed seven or eight times. Seeing that Yan Jingshu's body began to tremble, and Zheng Hu hadn't brought the doctor back yet, Jiang Hancheng was in a hurry.

He stood up, took his token from the cabinet next to the hanger, handed it to Wen Jin and said, "Take this token to Zheng Hu, and

let him go to the Dudu Mansion with the token and report it to me. Doctor Zhou from the mansion please come here with your name."

Wen Jin hurriedly took the token, and after acknowledging it, walked out quickly with her skirt in hand.

Jiang Chenghan asked Wenxiu to fetch a basin of water again, while he sat back on the bed and looked at Yan Jingshu, while wiping his sweat and changing his towel.

"...No, don't, Cheng Han...don't...die..." Yan Jingshu's fever was getting worse, and she was a little delirious,

as if she had fallen into a nightmare, shaking her head indiscriminately, and murmured indistinctly. As he said something, there were even tears in the corners of his eyes.

Jiang Chenghan was so distressed that he hurriedly took Yan Jingshu's hand and moved closer. After hearing Yan Jingshu's raving clearly, he couldn't help but slightly opened his eyes.

Yan Jingshu was still trapped in a nightmare and couldn't extricate herself, the knuckles of Jiang Chenghan's hand were turning white, leaving a few deep fingerprints on the back of Jiang Chenghan's hand, "...don't die...don't...I'll come back I'll save you...I won't, let you die again..."

After being dazed for a long time, Jiang Chenghan came back to his senses when Wenxiu came back from fetching water, and he was depressed. Facing the sudden turmoil in his heart, he leaned down and put it close to Yan Jingshu's ear, comforting him in a low voice: "I am here, I am not dead, it's okay, don't be afraid, I will never die, I will always be with you Yes , don't be afraid..."

Jiang Chenghan kept talking, one after another without a moment's pause, he just said that for a long time, until he felt a little dry in his mouth, Yan Jingshu finally calmed down. Although the high fever on his body hadn't subsided, his brows relaxed a little, and he didn't continue his nightmare raving, but he still didn't let go of Jiang Chenghan's hand.

Seeing that Yan Jingshu had calmed down, Jiang Chenghan raised his body, then lowered his head slightly, looking at the sleeping Yan Jingshu, his eyes were complicated and difficult to understand.

"My lord, Zheng Hu brought Dr. Zhou from the Dudu Mansion." Wen Jin's panting voice suddenly sounded.

Jiang Chenghan suddenly regained his senses, and hurriedly said: "Quick, please come in."

Soon, Zheng Hu walked in quickly with a middle-aged man in his fifties wearing an azurite cotton robe.

Jiang Chenghan was still held by Yan Jingshu, unable to get up to greet him, he had to say: "Doctor Zhou, please forgive me, it is because my wife's illness is sudden and serious, so I have to disturb you all night, please run this trip."

" Captain Jiang, you are being polite, it is the duty of a doctor to heal the sick and save the sick, so why bother?" Doctor Zhou hurriedly said, he naturally knew Jiang Chenghan, a popular person next to Kou Shijun, even though he slept soundly in the middle of the night and was suddenly called out of bed Woke up, but this wasn't the first time, and Jiang Chenghan said that again, so he didn't feel bad about it.

While speaking, Dr. Zhou opened the medicine box he brought with him, and took out the pulse pillow from it. Jiang Chenghan cooperated with Dr. Zhou and asked him to feel Yan Jingshu's pulse.

After a while, seeing Doctor Zhou withdrew his hand, Jiang Chenghan couldn't wait any longer and asked, "How is it, Doctor

Zhou ?" , coupled with some acclimatization, the disease will be serious. This old man will write a chapter on the prescription of dispelling cold and regulating Qi, and then write down some warming and nourishing meals. As long as you take the medicine on time and take proper care, you will recover soon Hearing this ,

Jiang Chenghan finally breathed a sigh of relief, and with a reassuring smile on his face, he said, "Then I will trouble Dr. Zhou, thank you very much."

"It's okay, Captain Jiang, you are polite. After Dr. Zhou finished speaking, he got up and went to write the prescription on the table beside him.

After the prescription and meal list were written, Jiang Chenghan took them over and took a look, then handed them over to Zheng Hu, and then asked Wenxiu to take money to reward Dr. Zhou, and gave some to Zheng Hu, and asked Zheng Hu to send Dr. Zhou back to the Dudu Mansion first. , and then drop by the pharmacy to buy medicine.

Because Jiang Chenghan had been wiping Yan Jingshu's sweat and cooling down her temperature, although she hadn't taken any medicine yet, Yan Jingshu didn't make any more serious matters, but fell asleep as before, with a much more peaceful demeanor.

Not long after, Zheng Hu hadn't bought the medicine yet, but Zheng Er finally came back with the doctor.

It was midnight when Jiang Chenghan found out that Yan Jingshu was sick, and the medical center in the city had already closed. Zheng Er went to almost all the medical clinics in the city before he finally opened one, promised a lot of money, and finally invited a doctor, but this inevitably took a lot of time.

Jiang Chenghan could understand, so he didn't blame him. As for the doctor, he was invited to show it to Yan Jingshu again, and the diagnosis and treatment results were no different from Dr. Zhou's.

After the doctor also wrote down a prescription, Jiang Chenghan paid the consultation fee and asked Zheng Er to send him back. As for the prescription, Jiang Chenghan saw that it was almost the same as Dr. Zhou's, so he didn't ask anyone to buy medicine according to the prescription.

An hour later, Wen Jin walked in with the fried medicine carefully. Jiang Chenghan took the medicine bowl, tried it and it was a little hot, so he blew on it, and when he felt that it was not so hot, he scooped some up with a spoon and wanted to feed it to Yan Jingshu.

Yan Jingshu fell into a drowsy sleep. Sensing something near her mouth, she opened her mouth subconsciously. Jiang Chenghan hurriedly fed the concoction in, but the next second, Yan Jingshu frowned and spit out all the concoction. When she came out, she murmured full of grievances, "...bitter... don't..."

Unexpectedly, Yan Jingshu's temper became like a child's when she was sick, and she couldn't take the bitter medicine. Jiang Chenghan didn't want to embarrass him, but in order for Yan Jingshu to recover soon, he still had to feed this bowl of medicine to Yan Jingshu.

Afraid that Yan Jingshu would spit out the medicine again, Jiang Chenghan simply helped the person up, then drank the medicine in one gulp, lowered his head to find Yan Jingshu's lips, and stuck it to Yan Jingshu's lips. Holding Yan Jingshu's chin to prevent him from hiding, Jiang Chenghan opened Yan Jingshu's teeth with his tongue, and fed him the medicine bit by bit.

Wen Jin and Wen Xiu who were standing aside immediately blushed when they saw this scene, and looked at each other in bewilderment, then both lowered their heads, not daring to look any more.

After feeding the medicine, he was afraid that Yan Jingshu would feel uncomfortable with the bitter taste in his mouth, and thinking that Yan Jingshu had to replenish water after sweating so much, so Jiang Chenghan asked Wen Jin to pour him a glass of white water, and then it was the same as just feeding the medicine , once again fed water to Yan Jingshu mouth to mouth.

Wiping the wet marks overflowing from the corners of Yan Jingshu's mouth, Jiang Chenghan didn't just let him go. He gave the water bowl to Wenjin, and told them to go down to rest, and they didn't need to wait here anymore.

After Wen Jin and Wenxiu left, Jiang Chenghan kept Yan Jingshu in his arms, leaned against the head of the bed and closed his eyes. He was just worried about Yan Jingshu's condition, and he didn't really fall asleep after all. He just closed his eyes and rested his mind, reaching out to check the temperature of Yan Jingshu's forehead from time to time.

Unknowingly, the window turned from dark to bright. Hearing the sound of birdsong from outside, Jiang Chenghan suddenly opened his eyes, and after waking up, he looked down again.

At this moment, Yan Jing no longer had the flush of high fever on her face, and her skin color had returned to normal. Jiang Chenghan still touched his forehead worriedly, seeing that the high fever had subsided as expected, he was completely relieved.

Sitting with his arms around him all night, his body was a little stiff, and it was almost time for him to go to the office, so Jiang Chenghan gently and carefully put Yan Jingshu back on the bed.

It burned for half the night last night, and Yan Jingshu wasted a lot, and she didn't wake up even after being moved by Jiang Chenghan.

After placing Yan Jingshu, Jiang Chenghan got out of bed. After exercising the body, I went to wash up. After washing and changing clothes, having lunch briefly, and feeding Yan Jingshu some medicine, he asked Wen Jin and Wenxiu Haosheng to take care of Yan Jingshu and go to the Dudu Mansion to find him if there was anything, before leaving home.

Because Yan Jingshu's high fever had subsided and his illness was not too serious, Jiang Chenghan didn't intend to ask for leave. He didn't expect him to arrive at the Governor's Mansion. When he saw Kou Shijun, he was asked about Yan Jingshu's condition, and Kou Shijun let him go One day off, let him go back to take care of Yan Jingshu.

Although Jiang Chenghan hasn't said anything about Yan Jingshu's illness yet, he sent someone to call Dr. Zhou away last night, but now the whole Dudu Mansion knows about it. Dr. Zhou didn't hide it when he was questioned when he came back, so Kou Shijun knew about it a long time ago. this matter.

Jiang Chenghan saw that there was nothing serious going on in the Dudu's mansion today, so he thanked Kou Shijun, left the Dudu's mansion and went home.