Chapter 35 War

The biggest worry in her heart was relieved, Yan Jingshu only felt that the whole person was a lot more relaxed, but the matter was not over yet, Mrs. Yan knew about it, and Duke An couldn't continue to hide it.

Yan Jingshu immediately planned to go to An Guogong to confess this matter, but Mrs. Yan stopped him, saying: "This matter is very important, it is better for me to decide, and your mother, you can't let it go. , this time I have to solve it together. I have a plan, so you don't want to interfere. Don't think too much about it when you go back today. Just pack your things with peace of mind and prepare for going north in two days. This is the most important thing for you right now. "

Grandmother..." Mrs. Yan had her own opinion, and Yan Jingshu naturally didn't dare to go against it, but just remembered something, and said: "The grandson will go back today, and now he will sort out the dowry and other things, and send them back tomorrow It 's

only been three days since he got married, and most of his dowry has not been moved, except for the 20,000 taels of silver that was given to Xi Muyuan, but right now he shouldn't have spent all of it, so he can only get it back first. Now that he knows that he is not the blood of the Duke's Mansion, he can no longer keep these things for granted.

Mrs. Yan frowned when she heard the words, she was very dissatisfied and said: "Why, are you planning to deny your grandmother, your father, and not want to be a member of the Yan family?"

Yan Jingshu hurriedly said: "Of course not, In the grandson's heart, you will always be the grandmother of the grandson, and so is the father, but the grandson is not the blood of the Yan family after all, and these things do not belong to the grandson at all..."

"Okay." Mrs. Yan planned Yan Jingshu , said: "Since you are willing to recognize your grandmother and your father, then you will still be a descendant of the Yan family in the future, so don't say such things anymore.

" When Jiang Chenghan came, Mrs. Yan hurriedly asked the servant girl to invite the two of them in, and then glared at Yan Jingshu to tell him not to talk nonsense.

It was rare for Mrs. Yan to show a stern look, and Yan Jingshu didn't dare to disobey, so she had to sit down obediently, not daring to speak out. Soon, An Guogong and Jiang Chenghan came in, and Jiang Chenghan still held a box in his hand, saying that An Guogong gave him a pair of walnuts.

Mrs. Yan laughed and said: "You are so generous, it's rare to see you willing to give away those treasures of yours."

An Guogong smiled and said: "Mother was joking, and my son also thinks that Cheng Han really likes those things. Cheng Han is not an outsider, so he has nothing to be reluctant about."

Mrs. Yan nodded, and said: "Speaking of which, I have also prepared something, Nanny An..."

Nanny An responded, then turned around After going to the inner room, he quickly walked out holding a flat mahogany box.

Mrs. Yan took the wooden box and opened it. Everyone felt a silver light flashing in front of them. When they were wondering, they heard Mrs. Yan say: "This is a silver silk soft armor. I think you have heard of this armor. Swords and guns are invulnerable to water and fire, it was worn by your father and grandfather. Cheng Han, guns and arrows have no eyes on the battlefield, and you can protect yourself even if you wear this armor."

Jiang Chenghan hurriedly stood up, but he was a little ashamed . Authentic: "Old lady, this is too precious, junior..."

Jiang Chenghan had seen this silver-threaded soft armor before, and it was still at General Kou's. Only one piece. It is said that due to the loss of production skills, it is now a rare thing that is rarely seen.

Mrs. Yan made a decision, but no one would change her mind no matter what she said, so she immediately asked Mother An to put the wooden box into Jiang Chenghan's hands, and said: "Your father doesn't need this soft armor. I'm also stuck in a box without seeing the light of day, so it's better to give it to you, and I'll make the best use of it."

"The junior, thank you grandma." Mrs. Yan insisted, if Jiang Chenghan refuses again, he will be a little ignorant Anyway, Dang even didn't say anything more, just took the wooden box and thanked Mrs. Yan solemnly.

Sitting and talking for a while, seeing that it was getting late, before Jiang Chenghan and Yan Jingshu got up to leave, Mrs. Yan started to chase people away.

After sending Jiang Chenghan and Yan Jingshu away, Nanny An did not go back to the mansion, but got into a carriage, and according to Mrs. Yan's instructions, went to Xie's mansion to invite in-laws, that is, Xie's parents, to come over and discuss how to deal with it. Xie's matter.

Jiang Chenghan and Yan Jingshu didn't know anything about it.

In the carriage, looking at Yan Jingshu who was unusually silent beside him, Jiang Chenghan felt a little worried, so he asked, "What's the matter? I saw that you didn't talk much before, is something wrong?"

Although Mrs. Yan It was not necessary to tell Jiang Chenghan about his real life experience, but if possible, Yan Jingshu didn't want to hide anything from Jiang Chenghan, so after a long silence, he still told Jiang Chenghan what he had said to Mrs. Xie and Mrs. Yan.

In addition, at the old lady Yan's birthday banquet, the arrangement of the two was a matter planned by Yan Jingyu, and they all said it together.

"...I knew that my mother didn't like me since I was a child. Later, when Yan Jingyu harmed me, my mother knew the truth but still worked for the tiger, and even deliberately designed it, just to drive me out of the Duke's mansion. At that time, I couldn't figure it out anyway. Why did she treat me so badly? I am so cruel and heartless, but it turns out that I am not her child at all..."

Looking at the sad and self-deprecating smile in Yan Jingshu's eyes, Jiang Chenghan couldn't care less about being shocked by these 'truths', and his heart was full of words to the person in front of him. Feeling distressed, she stretched out her hand to hold Yan Jingshu in her arms, wanting to comfort her, but for a moment she didn't know what to say.

Even if it is him who judges others by himself, if he suddenly finds out that the blood relatives of his parents who have been called him for decades are not related to him, he will find it difficult to accept it in a short time, let alone Yan Jingshu.

As for the mother-in-law Xie, Jiang Chenghan didn't know what to say about this person. Originally, his own child could not be kept and had to be forced to adopt someone else's child. It was pitiful, but he was full of hatred for the child he adopted, and treated him like an enemy. In the end, he calculated everything But he calculated himself into it, making it impossible for people to sympathize.

Yan Jingshu put his arms around Jiang Chenghan's waist, buried in Jiang Chenghan's arms for a long time without moving. Although he could understand Yan Jingshu's mood at this time, he was afraid that he would be overwhelmed, so Jiang Chenghan pulled him away from his arms a little, and saw that Yan Jingshu really His eyes were red and his nose was red. It was obvious that he had cried, so he couldn't help but sigh in his heart.

Wiping away Yan Jingshu's tears, Jiang Chenghan comforted in a warm voice: "...I know you are sad, but fortunately, the old lady knew about this, and she will not be affected by it. It is a blessing in misfortune. And the old lady is not Say she will handle this matter? Then don't think too much about it, no matter what the result is, I will always be with you and we will face

it together, okay?" No matter what his surname is or who his biological parents are, after the two get married, he has only one identity here, that is his husband, his lover , is the closest person in this world to him, the one he wants to spend the rest of his life with, and this will never change.

Yan Jingshu nodded. Although he knew for a long time that no matter what happened, no matter what he became, Jiang Chenghan would not change him in the slightest, but at this moment he really heard what Jiang Chenghan said, and he still felt it. Real peace of mind and warmth.

The carriage swayed and returned home without knowing it. With Jiang Chenghan's company and comfort along the way, Yan Jingshu's gloomy mood was gradually relieved, and he recovered a little bit of energy. I can't see anything wrong.

Because he stayed in the Duke's Mansion for a long time, it was already late when he returned home, and it was not long before it was time for dinner. Yan Jingshu's mood was ups and downs today and she was stimulated a lot, so she would inevitably feel a little tired, so she went to bed early after dinner.

Jiang Chenghan wasn't sleepy at all, but when he saw Yan Jingshu curled up in the quilt by himself, frowning slightly, looking pitiful, even though he didn't say anything, his heart softened, and finally he resigned himself to his fate and went to bed, completely In my arms.

Seeing Yan Jingshu stretched his brows in his arms, revealing a peaceful sleeping face, Jiang Chenghan's eyes were filled with tenderness, and the corners of his mouth curled up unconsciously.

The next day was a sunny day, Jiang Chenghan originally wanted to take Yan Jingshu out for a stroll, just to change his mood, but he didn't expect the two to be ready after breakfast, Jiang Chenghan's colleagues came to him, saying that there was something important to do, and asked him to go to the General's Mansion a trip.

"Sorry, I'm afraid I won't be able to go out with you today." Jiang Chenghan felt very guilty. He changed his mind about what he had originally agreed to, but since his friend came to call him in person, it must be something important, but he couldn't. not going.

"It's okay, you go, don't delay the business, you can go out to play any day, I don't care." Yan Jingshu has already guessed what the general's mansion called Jiang Chenghan to come over this time. Mind what.

Seeing that Yan Jingshu was really not angry, Jiang Chenghan was a little relieved, and then he gave Yan Jingshu a few words, and hurried to the general's mansion.

After Jiang Chenghan left, Yan Jingshu was not idle either. Not surprisingly, tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, Kou Shijun will be ordered to rebel against Xinjiang, and Jiang Chenghan will also go with him. Before leaving, he has to take care of everything at home.

Jiang Chenghan went there for a whole day. At noon, he only sent a servant from the General's Mansion to tell Yan Jingshu that he would not come back to eat. Yan Jingshu ate a meal by himself, and continued to pack his belongings in the afternoon. When Jiang Chenghan came back at night, Informed Yan Jingshu of a news that he was not surprised by.

Beidi, which is adjacent to Daqi, suddenly started a war with the Dannu clan who also bordered Daqi, and the border residents of Daqi were also harassed for a long time. In order to prevent accidents, Kou Shijun is afraid that he will not be able to wait for the original return date half a month later, and will set off to return to Ning Town Guard in the near future. At that time, Jiang Chenghan and his personal guards will naturally go with him.

Yan Jingshu had known the news beforehand, so she immediately said: "Since that's the case, I'll take someone to prepare the luggage now, that is, for the journey, I don't want to bring much else, just pack the necessary things we two need, and it's easy to pack. In addition, tomorrow I will go to the Duke's Mansion to talk to my grandmother and father, so as not to be too busy on the day before I leave, I may not have time to say goodbye to them." Yan Jingshu said, and got up to give instructions to his servants.

Jiang Chenghan heard the meaning of his words, but hurriedly took his hand to stop him, and said: "Jingshu, do you want to go with me?"

Yan Jingshu looked at Jiang Chenghan in surprise, and said: "Of course."

Yan Jingshu's most natural tone made Jiang Chenghan look a little embarrassed. He pulled Yan Jingshu to sit beside him, paused, and then said softly, "The military situation is urgent. This time General Tongkou returns to Ningcheng, and there is no delay on the way. Ningcheng is far away, and I am afraid that you will have to eat and sleep without stopping for more than ten days. You will suffer a lot if you follow me. Why don't you stay for now and wait for the future When Brother Xi returns to Ningcheng, if you go with him again, you will be able to take care of him on the road."

Yan Jingshu didn't expect that Jiang Chenghan really didn't want to take him with him, although he did not go with Jiang Chenghan in the previous life, but that It was because the two were not married at that time, but the situation in this life is completely different. Both of them have successfully married, but Jiang Chenghan still wanted to leave him alone. This was something Yan Jingshu had never thought of before.

Seeing the dazed look in Yan Jingshu's beautiful eyes, Jiang Chenghan felt very uncomfortable, but his trip was not a tour, and he knew how hard it would be. He really didn't want Yan Jingshu to suffer with him.

Yan Jingshu still couldn't be reconciled, he bit his lips, and insisted: "I'm not afraid of suffering, really, I'm not as delicate as you think. When I was young, my grandfather hired me a martial arts master, and I learned riding and archery. It's just that compared to martial arts, I'm more talented in reading, and I only focus on reading when I grow up. But I haven't given up on riding and shooting, and I still know it now.

Also, when I was studying at Mushan Academy, no one was allowed to serve me. I took care of everything by myself. Occasionally, I would go hunting with my classmates for horse racing in the mountains in the outskirts. Take care, and never be afraid of suffering, I will not be your burden, let me go with you, okay? "

Looked at by Yan Jingshu's expectant and pleading eyes, and remembered that Yan Jingshu only found out about his real life experience now. If he left and left him to face the Duke's Mansion and Xie's family alone, Jiang Chenghan still couldn't bear to let him go. Disappointed and sad, Yan Jingshu didn't say any words of rejection.

After thinking twice, thinking that she could always protect Yan Jingshu, she agreed to let Yan Jingshu go with her.