Chapter 52 Fighting

When Mrs. Yan heard Jiang Chenghan say that the child he brought back was entrusted to him by Kou Shijun in private to help resettle it, and she wanted to keep it away from others, she felt that things might not be as simple as Jiang Chenghan said.

After all, Kou Shijun holds a high position and high authority. With his power, he not only failed to keep his so-called family friends, but even an orphan had to be carefully hidden and placed away from people's eyes and ears. This is enough to show that the orphan is not an ordinary person. His family background, the disasters suffered by his family must not be ordinary disasters.

Mrs. Yan has not been in Ningcheng for a long time, and she has almost never left Jiang's house, but she looked at the child who was obviously meeting for the first time and felt very kind. Later, when they had breakfast together, they found that the child had the same taste The ones from the capital are almost the same. Although the child is small, but his behavior and manners when eating are very well-bred, so he speculates that this child may come from a family of officials in Beijing.

As it was related to Yan Jingshu and her precious great-grandson, Mrs. Yan did not dare to be negligent, so she immediately sent a letter to the capital to inquire. In order to find out this matter as soon as possible, Mrs. Yan specially sent two people to deliver the letter.

Those two people also knew their master's anxiety, so they rushed all the way, and after only one month, they rushed back from the capital, and at the same time they brought back the reply letter from Mrs. An Guo to Mrs. Yan.

After Madam Yan received the reply, she immediately opened it to read it, but the more she read it, the heavier her heart became.

According to An Guogong's reply letter to her, shortly after she left Beijing at the beginning of the year, a huge change happened in vain in Beijing.

First, the emperor was seriously ill and ordered the prince to supervise the country to act as an agent of the government. Then within half a month, rumors spread in the palace that the prince murdered the emperor and usurped the throne.

An Guogong didn't dare to believe it at first, but when he went to the court the next day, he didn't see the prince of Jian Guo in the court hall. Instead, he saw the emperor who was a bit haggard but no longer sick, and heard it with his own ears. The emperor had read out the decree of abolishing the prince, so he had to believe all this.

But the matter did not end there. The prince was abolished on the charge of treason, and his wife and children and the subjects of the East Palace were also punished as crimes. Enbo's friends and contacts, as well as many court and Chinese officials who were interceded by the crown prince in the court, were also implicated.

The light ones reprimanded the confinement and downgraded the officials, and the serious ones ransacked the family, exiled and beheaded the clan. The heads chopped off on the execution ground could almost pile up into a hill. All of a sudden, in the entire capital, whether it was honored officials or ordinary people, there was the same turmoil and everyone was in danger.

Originally, Ningcheng was far away from the capital, and even if something happened in the capital, it would not easily spread there. Therefore, when I wrote the letter home to Mrs. Yan, I was afraid that Mrs. Yan would be worried, so I didn't say these things. But I didn't expect Mrs. Yan to send a letter to ask about the affairs in the capital, so I had to tell the truth.

Unexpectedly, such a big event happened in the capital, involving the battle for the throne and imperial power, even Mrs. Yan couldn't help but feel a little jealous in her heart.

Although she looked at the child with a kind face, she couldn't remember where she saw the child at the moment, but calculating the time, from the accident in the capital to the time when the child appeared in Ningcheng, the difference between the time was just enough to complete the journey. The journey from Beijing to Ningcheng.

Although it is still not 100% sure, the child must have come from the capital, but Mrs. Yan is already confident enough.

It was related to the whole family, Madam Yan didn't hide anything, on the day she received the letter, when Jiang Chenghan came back from the Governor's Mansion in the evening, she called Xie Huan, and then she looked at the child and felt familiar with it, feeling suspicious in her heart , and then to the letter to the An Guo Gongfu in Beijing, and the content of the An Guo Gongfu's reply letter.

After hearing this, everyone had different expressions. Yan Jingshu was the most surprised, because he really didn't realize what was wrong with the child at all, but he was a little worried about the Duke's Mansion when Mrs. Yan said that the capital was in turmoil.

Mrs. Yan comforted him. The Duke's House has never formed a party for private interests, and Mr. An is a very cautious person. Therefore, the Mr. An's House was not involved in the prince's affairs, so Yan Jingshu needn't worry.

Xie Huan didn't want to see that he was a child after all, and there was such a troublesome background, so he frowned slightly, but he didn't say anything. What happened to this matter still depends on the intentions of Mrs. Yan and Jiang Chenghan. Just listen to them.

Jiang Chenghan had also guessed that the child's origin might be a bit complicated, but he didn't expect that he had something to do with the capital.

He also knew Mrs. Yan's worry. After all, if the child's family was really accused of participating in the abolished prince's treason case, then their behavior of hiding him would be tantamount to treason.

But right now he has already sent everyone to the charity hall, so he can't send them back to Kou Shijun. Fortunately, Kou Shijun was also very cautious, and never let others know that this child had anything to do with him, it was just a little beggar he picked up from the street without a father or a mother.

That child is only five years old now, after being raised for a period of time, when he grows up a bit, gets used to the living language of Ningcheng, and washes off some of the original traces of the capital on his body, someone will check it out. Impossible to recognize.

But after all, the matter is of great importance, Jiang Chenghan finally said that he will pay more attention in the future, so as not to be too late for them to deal with it if something happens.

This matter was discussed so far, it was almost done, and it was getting late, so everyone went back to their respective bedrooms.

Yan Jingshu and Jiang Chenghan went to bed after washing and changing, but they didn't fall asleep right away.

In front of Mrs. Yan and Xie Huan, Yan Jingshu didn't show anything, but at this moment only he and Jiang Chenghan were left in the room, so he no longer hid his worries and said, "Say, the person who hurt you, Could it be because of this child?"

Jiang Chenghan smiled, and said: "It's not impossible, but if it's really because of this child, it's a good thing."

Yan Jingshu frowned, and said, "Why do you say that?"

Jiang Chenghan lifted the quilt and went to bed, saying "That fake Zhao Dali, the reason why I haven't caught him for a long time is that I guess there are other people behind him, and there are bigger plots, so I have been just watching secretly, trying to find some clues. But if He really came here after this kid, so maybe I can use this kid instead to lure out the people behind the fake Zhao Dali."

Yan Jingshu frowned even more when he heard this, and said: "This matter, Kou Shijun I'm afraid it won't be allowed." Kou Shijun obviously didn't want people to know about the child, so he went to great lengths to ask Jiang Chenghan to send him to the charity hall, so how could he allow Jiang Chenghan to use the child.

"You're right." Jiang Chenghan knew what Yan Jingshu said, and then said, "So I just have this plan now, even if I really want to do this, I have to make it clear to General Kou first and get his permission." Okay. Don't worry, I won't act rashly."

"That's good." Yan Jingshu was naturally relieved of Jiang Chenghan, and seeing that Jiang Chenghan didn't look worried, it was obvious that once he had a way to deal with it, he didn't want to. Say more.

After Jiang Chenghan blew out the lamp, put down the bed curtain, and lay down, he laid his pillow on Jiang Chenghan's outstretched arm, and lay down in Jiang Chenghan's arms.

Although he knew that the child had an unusual background, in the days that followed, neither Xie Huan, who taught the children in Shantang, nor Yan Jingshu, who occasionally visited them in Shantang, showed any strange emotions towards the child. As usual.

The peaceful days always passed quickly, and the months passed, and it was the winter months of the year again. This is the second year that Jiang Chenghan and Yan Jingshu have lived together after their marriage. With the birth of a child and the arrival of Mrs. Yan and Xie Huan, compared with the first year, the family is undoubtedly much more lively.

Although Yan Jingshu also likes to live with Jiang Chenghan in their world, but having children and the company of relatives and elders also makes him feel very happy and satisfied.

Years later, Jiang Chenghan became busy again, and even busier than before, because Beidi and Dannu started a war.

Just as Kou Shijun predicted before, after a series of fights, Mutuo of Beidi finally secured his throne, and the first royal decree he issued after becoming the real king of Beidi was Chen Bing On the border with Dannu, Dannu must offer countless treasures, cattle and sheep, and even Princess Chanya must be sent to him as a concubine, otherwise Dannu will be flattened.

Obviously, Muto wanted to avenge himself for being chased and killed by Dannu.

The Danu people were not stupid, they knew that Muto was narrow-minded and cruel, even if they bowed their heads, Muto would not let them go, so they decisively increased their troops to the border.

Although the national strength of Beidi is stronger than that of Dannu, it has been consumed by the battle for the throne, and the people of Dannu are in danger of extermination, so they fought desperately on the battlefield. The fight was evenly matched, and this situation has continued for several months.

From early spring to mid-autumn, during the period Beidi and Danu fought and stopped fighting, both sides suffered a lot of wear and tear, but there was still no winner.

Although on the surface it seems that the two parties have been stalemate and no one can do anything to the other, but Danu lost to Beidi Guoli Shenhou after all, and he is almost unable to hold on. As a last resort, they had to seek help from Da Qi who was next to them.

Of course, they never expected Daqi to send troops to help them fight Beidi out of nowhere, so they promised to give away hundreds of boxes of treasures, thousands of cattle and sheep, and even Princess Chanya who has been coveted by Muto , and also offered them to Daqi.

However, this matter has nothing to do with Jiang Chenghan, Kou Shijun, Danu's envoy, arranged for people to be sent to the capital, and he only led troops to patrol along the border with Beidi to ensure that Beidi would not cause trouble in their territory of Daqi.