Chapter 51 Everyday

Back home, Jiang Chenghan didn't mention everything to Xie Huan in the restaurant like Yan Jingshu and Mrs. Yan, and Xie Huan was the same, they acted as if nothing had happened.

Two days later, it was the child's three baptisms. No guests were invited, only Mrs. Wen, who had delivered Yan Jingshu's baby, was invited to preside over it. The family completed the ceremony in a simple yet warm and happy manner.

Unlike the three rites of washing, the full moon wine is to entertain guests. He still didn't stay at home if he thought it was troublesome, but set up a banquet in Xi Muyuan's Zhiyuanzhai.

Xi Muyuan had gone south to do business as early as the beginning of spring in February. Before leaving, Yan Jingshu gave him a total of 20,000 taels of silver, including the principal and profit, and just a few days before the full moon wine, he happened to catch up Come back, don't miss it.

Needless to say, the full moon banquet was lively and festive. At this time, Yan Jingshu was in good health, and she went to entertain guests with Jiang Chenghan, but Mrs. Yan and Xie Huan, one was old and didn't like noise, the other was cold and withdrawn, so they didn't participate, and only stayed at home with Jiang Chenghan and Yan Jingshu Simply celebrated.

During this period, Xie Huan's school was also set up. Originally, with his talent and learning, it was completely possible to be a teacher in a government school. But Ningcheng is a frontier guard that emphasizes sincerity, martial prowess and culture are weak, if you add up all the people in the vicinity, not to mention Juzi, Jinshi, even the last class of scholars are only one-handed.

However, Xie Huan's original intention of running the school was just to find an excuse to stay with Yan Jingshu forever, and he didn't have any other expectations, so he didn't take it to heart. It was also a coincidence that the house he finally chose to open the school was right next to Shantang, separated by a one-meter-wide alleyway, so the first batch of students lived there.

Mrs. Yan originally only worried about Yan Jingshu's pregnancy, so she traveled thousands of miles to visit and take care of her. Originally, she planned to leave after Yan Jingshu gave birth, but she really couldn't bear to part with her newborn great-grandson, and Yan Jingshu also couldn't bear to bear with her grandmother, so the time for her return trip was Procrastinate and procrastinate.

Until autumn, people still did not leave. After autumn, the weather gets colder and colder every day, and it is even more difficult to go on a long journey, so the return date is suddenly pushed to next spring.

As for the Duke An's Mansion in central Beijing, since Mrs. Yan dared to come to Ningcheng, everything was naturally arranged. The eldest grandson's daughter-in-law, Shen Shi, was originally from a famous family. In the past, because of the grief of losing her husband, the child was not around, and she was always suppressed by her mother-in-law. She was so depressed that she lingered in bed.

Later, Mrs. Yan sent someone to comfort and enlighten her, and she gradually recovered from her illness, and she had her son by her side again. Although she had to manage the entire Duke's mansion, there were many people and things to do, but her spirit was indeed very good. She was intelligent and capable, and after two months of being taken care of by Mrs. Yan and Mrs. An's Aunt An and Butler Yan, she was soon able to stand alone.

It was also because of this that Mrs. Yan was relieved to hand over the Duke's Mansion to her, while she came to Ningcheng herself.

As for An Guogong, although he is quite capable in political affairs, he is really confused about family affairs and has soft ears. He was coaxed by Mrs. Xie, and he trusted and supported her wholeheartedly, but he did not see Mrs. Xie's true face. , so that in the end the wives and children were separated.

Mrs. Yan is naturally dissatisfied with Mr. An, but because of a series of changes in his family, his hair has turned gray all of a sudden, and he seems to have aged several years overnight. A huge blow, not to mention remarrying, just taking a concubine, raising a house, and looking like he was afraid to avoid it, as if what was given to him was not a woman, but some monster.

Seeing that Mr. An was only in his forties and planned to live alone and live a life of self-cultivation and self-cultivation, Mrs. Yan didn't care too much and just went as he pleased.

Mrs. Yan lived in Ningcheng for a long time. Yan Jingshu was happy, and Jiang Chenghan was also very happy, but not only because of Yan Jingshu.

Originally, last year, Jiang Chenghan felt very guilty for leaving Yan Jingshu at home alone in the twelfth lunar month, so he planned to take Yan Jingshu out to play when the spring blossoms in the next year. Although Ningcheng is a border city, it still has many beautiful scenery that cannot be seen in the capital city, and you can also go hunting in the forests in the suburbs.

But I don't want Yan Jingshu to be pregnant suddenly, so I can't go out casually.

Originally, he was thinking that when Yan Jingshu gave birth to the child, there would be no one at home to help take care of it. He was afraid that the two of them would not be able to go out alone in a few years before the child grew up, so he had to cancel this plan temporarily. .

But now that Mrs. Yan is here, they can't be more at ease by entrusting the child to her care.

Therefore, in the following days, every ten days off, if the weather happened to be fine, Jiang Chenghan would take Yan Jingshu out to play.

The two of them either went to the hot springs in the mountains, or went to the Taoist temple to eat snacks, or went hunting in the woods, and occasionally had an outdoor barbecue. It wasn't until after winter that the weather gradually became colder and the scenery around Ningcheng became more or less clear, so the two gradually reduced the number of times they went out.

Everything at home was peaceful and stable, and Jiang Chenghan in the army did not slack off in monitoring the fake Zhao Dali.

After a three-month training period for recruits, the fake Zhao Dali has been assigned to the archers team because of his outstanding ability in bows and arrows. But after that, he never showed any changes.

Jiang Chenghan often went hunting. He knew that if he wanted to get enough harvest, he had to have enough patience, so he was not in a hurry, and continued to spy secretly, waiting for the fake Zhao Dali to show his feet.

One day during this period, Kou Shijun suddenly found Jiang Chenghan and asked him about Shantang. Kou Shijun knew about the cooperation between Jiang Chenghan and Xi Muyuan, he also knew about the existence of Shantang, and he even donated some money to Shantang.

Jiang Chenghan told Kou Shijun about the current situation of the shantang, and after listening to it, Kou Shijun also told Jiang Chenghan, and he asked the reason for the shantang.

It turned out that Kou Shijun had a family friend for many years, but his family died in an accident, leaving only a five-year-old child, who escaped under the desperate protection of his servants. Later, he was sent to Kou Shijun to seek asylum.

Kou Shijun is a big man, afraid that he can't take good care of this child, and it's too eye-catching. The family's enemies are still there, and he is worried that he will be attracted, so he wants to find a safe place for this child, but after all, he is the only one in the family. With a little blood, it is difficult to find someone to adopt, so I thought of the kindness hall opened by Jiang Chenghan.

In the shantang, there are food, lodging and care, and now you can practice calligraphy and reading, and there are many children of the same age to play together. It is a perfect place to go.

For Kou Shijun's matter, Jiang Chenghan is naturally duty-bound. Although there are quite a few children in the Shantang now, it doesn't matter if there is one more person, at worst, it would be a bigger house.

But although Jiang Chenghan agreed happily, Kou Shijun would not let him raise the child in vain, and immediately took out three hundred taels of silver to support Shantang. Jiang Chenghan didn't refuse either, he accepted the money, and wrote down what Kou Shijun said about the current address of the child before leaving the Dudu's Mansion.

Afraid of attracting attention, Jiang Chenghan deliberately waited until nighttime before going to the address Kou Shijun told him. Sure enough, in that simple and remote small house, he found a five-year-old, but very thin and lifeless little boy, and another The dumb woman in her fifties was originally taking care of the child.

Thinking about it, the dumb woman got Kou Shijun's order. When Jiang Chenghan came, he reported his identity and showed him the door. When he wanted to take the child away, he didn't stop him. He just wrapped the child's clothes and gave it to Jiang Chenghan. Jiang Chenghan didn't say much, picked it up and left.

From Jiang Chenghan's appearance to leaving with the child in his arms, the child did not struggle at all, nor did he speak or cry, but Jiang Chenghan could feel his slightly trembling body, so he spoke a few words of comfort in a warm voice.

In the evening, the people in the shantang had already rested, so it was not good to disturb them, so Jiang Chenghan took the child back home first.

It was already late at night, Xie Huan and Mrs. Yan had already fallen asleep, only Yan Jingshu was still waiting for Jiang Chenghan to come back.

Jiang Chenghan had already told Yan Jingshu Kou Shijun's instructions before leaving the house, so it was not surprising to see Jiang Chenghan bring a child back.

He had a child of his own, and his heart became softer. Seeing the little boy is thin and timid, trembling like a little quail, I feel pity. Not only did he bathe the child with his own hands, but he also patiently coaxed the child to sleep before returning to the bedroom.

Early the next morning, Mrs. Yan and Xie Huan woke up and found that there was a new child in the family, so they naturally wanted to ask. For these two people, Yan Jingshu had nothing to hide, and relayed what Jiang Chenghan told her to Mrs. Yan and Xie Huan.

Xie Huan was cold by nature, and he didn't care about things or people other than Yan Jingshu, so he nodded after listening and didn't ask any more questions.

On the other hand, Mrs. Yan frowned slightly when she saw the child's face, but she didn't say anything. Just after breakfast, after Yan Jingshu sent the child to Shantang, she wrote a letter and handed it to Nanny An, who sent her back to Beijing immediately.

After Yan Jingshu came back, Mrs. Yan turned her back again, and asked Yan Jingshu, "What did you know about this child before?" This was to ask whether Yan Jingshu knew about this child in her previous life.

Yan Jingshu understood what she heard, but she shook her head and said: "At that time, Cheng Han and I hadn't gotten along well, so he didn't tell me about it, but later he took me to the Shantang, and at that time That child was already in the Shantang, but Cheng Han didn't say much at that time, I thought it was just an ordinary orphan, and I didn't ask much."

Mrs. Yan nodded, but she looked thoughtful.

Seeing her, Yan Jingshu asked curiously, "What does grandma know?"

Mrs. Yan nodded, then shook her head again, and said, "I just saw that the child's face looked familiar, but I wasn't sure at the moment. But I've asked someone to ask, and I'll tell you when I have news. "

Old Madam Yan already had some guesses in her heart at this time, but she didn't tell him for the time being because she was afraid of scaring Yan Jingshu.

Yan Jingshu knew that Mrs. Yan had her own reasons for saying this, so she didn't ask any further questions, but when she went to the Shantang later, she couldn't help but pay more attention to this child.

But apart from the fact that the child is a little more hearty, not talkative and out of gregarious, and has a very bright mind and can read and write quickly, I don't see any other abnormalities.

However, because this child is very smart, Xie Huan felt pity for him, and he paid more attention to this child, and taught him much more strictly than other children.