Chapter 21 Betrothal Gift

"Cheng Han understands." Jiang Chenghan nodded, but he didn't leave just then, but asked Jiang again: "I don't know Madam, what is the general dowry gift for a family like the Duke of Anguo's family? ?"

Jiang thought for a moment, and said: "An Guo's mansion is a first-rank state mansion, and there are only a few families like them in the court. Among them, Yue State's mansion just married a daughter not long ago. Although the man is not a state man, After the public, it is also a noble family, not to mention wedding cakes, tea and wine, seafood, jewelry, silk and other miscellaneous things, just one item of betrothal money, there are six thousand six hundred taels."

Jiang Chenghan couldn't help feeling relieved when he heard this . With a sigh of relief, although it was quite a lot, he could still take it out right now. Thinking about it, he said to Jiang: "Since that's the case, then I will also prepare six thousand six hundred and two taels of hire money, and the others will be compared. I don't want to wrong Young Master Yan. Besides, I'd like to thank Madam for her kindness, but I don't want to trouble Madam too much. I plan to rent another yard for the wedding."

He didn't have much money to use, so he did it There is nothing left for marriage, so it is impossible to buy a house in Beijing, but getting married is a big event, and it is not good to use other people's house for nothing, and Mrs. Jiang will not accept his money, so it is better to rent another yard by yourself .

It didn't matter to Jiang Chenghan that he rented another yard, Jiang's, it was his own business, he could make up his own mind, but he decided to offer more than 6,000 taels of silver as the dowry after hearing that he was so light-hearted.

You must know that this is just the dowry, and the other dowry, plus the cost of renting the yard, wedding and other miscellaneous things, will cost at least one thousand eight hundred taels.

It's her, if she wants to take out so much cash at once, she needs to find ways to raise money, it's not an easy thing to do, but Jiang Chenghan doesn't look embarrassed at all, just raise his hand and take it out, which makes Jiang Chenghan Shi felt that he might have underestimated Jiang Chenghan in the past.

Both Jiang Chenghan and Kou Shijun saw Jiang's surprise. Jiang Chenghan couldn't say anything, but Kou Shijun, who had been sitting beside him, said with a smile: "Madam, you don't know, don't look at this kid who is usually silent. He is a rich man."

Jiang Chenghan smiled, he would not tell others about some things for some reason, but he would not hide it from Kou Shijun, so Kou Shijun knew how much money he had.

"Really?" Jiang believed what her husband said, so she couldn't help being a little curious, but she didn't have a habit of inquiring about people's privacy, so she didn't ask any more questions, and just said: "That's fine, this kind of betrothal money, even in the capital city, can't afford it." It's all considered to be a move, and the Anguo government's side, I'm afraid it's unexpected."

Jiang Chenghan didn't say anything, he was willing to give out the dowry, not for face, let alone to make others look up to him, but because Yan Jingshu and If you hurt yourself, you can't wrong others. Although he won't slap his face to look fat, or do things beyond his ability, but he will try his best to give Yan Jingshu what he can. At least it is enough for Yan Jingshu to see his sincerity and feel at ease.

Once the two most important things are settled, the rest will be easy to handle. Without further ado, Mrs. Jiang decided to go to An Guogong's mansion tomorrow to discuss with Mrs. An Guogong's wife about the marriage between Jiang Chenghan and Yan Jingshu.

But before going shopping, he left the mansion alone and went to a guest house in Xishifang. I asked the owner of the inn, and the person I was looking for went out in the morning and hasn't come back yet.

Jiang Chenghan didn't leave just yet, he ordered two side dishes and decided to wait. Fortunately, it didn't take long for him to wait for the person he wanted to see.

"Brother Jiang?" Jiang Chenghan was tall, tall and handsome, and he was very conspicuous in the simple and dark lobby of the guest house. Xi Muyuan immediately saw him as soon as he entered the door.

"It's just right for me to come back." Jiang Chenghan had almost finished eating, and when he saw someone came back, he stood up and said to Xi Muyuan: "I have something to tell you, find a secluded place."

Xi Muyuan rented a Datong shop in this guest house. Although it was not very clean, it was cheaper, but it was not convenient to talk, especially what Jiang Chenghan wanted to talk about was related to money.

"Okay, Brother Jiang will come with me." Xi Muyuan thought for a while, and then led Jiang Chenghan out.

There is a tea house a hundred meters to the north of the guest house, which looks much more upscale than that guest house, and there are secluded and quiet single rooms, which can avoid the disturbance of too many people.

After entering the single room and taking a seat, Jiang Chenghan first asked: "You told me two days ago that the fur materials and special medicinal herbs brought from Ningcheng have been sold out, and you are preparing to go back to Beijing these few days. Buy some suitable things, and prepare to sell them on the return trip, so now it's settled?"

Xi Muyuan said, "I've been around the capital in the past few days, but I've found quite a few good things, but I'm not satisfied with the price, so I'm going to look again Look. Brother Jiang, what's the matter?"

Jiang Chenghan has always trusted him, rarely asked him about business matters, and never asked him in such detail.

Jiang Chenghan nodded and said: "It is true that I am going to get married."

"Married?" Xi Muyuan was startled first, then recovered and said happily: "This is a great joy, congratulations Brother Jiang It's —I don't know which family's daughter it is?"

"Uh, it's not the daughter." Jiang Chenghan paused, and then said, "It's the Second Young Master Yan of Duke An's Mansion." Hearing that it's

not the daughter, Xi Muyuan was stunned at first, but then he was surprised The mouths are all open. What did he hear just now, the son of the Duke's Mansion?

Xi Muyuan was originally from the capital, and he only left home for some reason in his early years to venture out, but the name of Duke Anguo's mansion is something he will never forget even after several years have passed, and he has heard of the second son of Yan Jingshu, Yan Jingshu. Shuang'er, but it is said that he is very intelligent and outstanding, not inferior to his eldest brother Anguogong Shizi.

But now, Jiang Chenghan actually told him that he was going to marry the second son of Yan and become the son-in-law of An Guogong, Xi Muyuan couldn't believe it. Although Jiang Chenghan was his savior, he had never looked down on Jiang Chenghan, but Jiang Chenghan and An Guogong's mansion were clearly inseparable, and they had only been in Beijing for a few days, so how could they say they wanted to get married?

Xi Muyuan couldn't figure it out, so he couldn't help but asked.

Jiang Chenghan was not good at telling him the truth, so he just said: "It's a long story, and it won't be clear for a while, so let's talk about it later. Now that the marriage is coming soon, I need money to buy the dowry and prepare for the wedding , so your trip to the capital may return empty-handed."

Jiang Chenghan didn't want to say more, but Xi Muyuan guessed that there might be something hidden in it, although he was curious, but also wise enough not to ask any more questions, he just said: "It's okay I will come again next time. I have searched around this time, and I can save a lot of trouble next time. It's just that I have saved all the money in the Longxing Bank. There are a total of 9,350 taels. Brother Jiang is Let me pick it up, or I'll take it out and bring it to Brother Jiang." Jiang

Chenghan got up and said, "I'll pick it up as you go."

Naturally, Xi Muyuan had no objection, and then the two got up and went to Longxinghang, However, Jiang Chenghan didn't take out all the nine thousand taels, only eight thousand taels.

But this is not a small amount, the bank also has to report layer by layer, and finally the shopkeeper personally inspected Xi Muyuan's seal and receipt, and then took out gold ingots weighing twenty taels each for thirty taels from the bank according to Jiang Chenghan's request. Three, and ten silver bills of one hundred taels, ten silver bills of twenty taels, and twenty silver ingots of one tael.

Among them, the thirty-three gold ingots were used for betrothal money, and the rest of the silver notes and ingots were used for purchasing other things.

With so much gold and silver on his body, Xi Muyuan was used to being cautious, afraid of accidents, while Jiang Chenghan was waiting for the shopkeeper to count the silver bills, he hired a carriage, and later drove the carriage himself, and sent Jiang Chenghan, together with the gold and silver, back Only after entering the General's Mansion did he feel completely at ease.

Xi Muyuan asked Jiang Chenghan again if he needed any help, but Jiang Chenghan said that the General's Mansion would help. He thought that the people in the General's Mansion were more familiar with the capital than he was, and with the name of the General's Mansion, no one else would. Dare to fool Jiang Chenghan, so he didn't say anything more, went back to the inn, thinking about how to arrange the remaining one thousand taels of silver.

In the general's mansion, after Jiang Chenghan returned to his guest courtyard to put down his money, he was first surrounded by his colleagues who lived with him and knew that he was about to get married. After three meals of Drunken Flower Diao with a bottle of ten taels of silver, he was finally let go.

After regaining his freedom, Jiang Chenghan was able to go to the housekeeper. First, he went through the list of betrothal gifts and other gifts that the housekeeper had drawn up, removed half of the jewelry, hairpins and rings on the list, and replaced them with the four treasures of the study, gold, jade, playware, etc. Afterwards, he went to hand over the Geng Tie with the horoscope on his birthday to Jiang, so that he could use the horoscope after asking for his name.

Although because of the sacred decree of marriage, even if the horoscope is not good, there will be no change in the marriage, but the ceremony that should be performed still needs to be performed again.

It's not good to keep An Guogong's mansion waiting for a long time, as the next day is an auspicious day, Jiang immediately went to An Guogong's mansion with gifts of two carriages and Jiang Chenghan's eight-character Geng post.

Ever since the government of An Guo received the imperial edict of bestowing marriage, it has been waiting for Jiang Chenghan's matchmaker to come to the door, but he never expected that the matchmaker would come to the door after only one day, and the matchmaker was the general's wife, Mrs. Jiang.

This made Mrs. Xie, who hadn't taken this matter very seriously before, and planned to send a woman to see her, and it was over after exchanging Geng Tie and returning the gift, had to be a little more solemn, and redressed. After that, come out to greet him in person.

On this side, the Jiang family was the matchmaker, discussing for Jiang Chenghan and An Guogong's government the matter of combining his horoscope with Yan Jingshu and the ceremony, while on the other side, Jiang Chenghan was led by the housekeeper of the general's mansion, and began to buy things for the betrothal ceremony in the capital.

Some things that are not suitable for long-term storage, such as wedding cakes, pastries, seafood, etc., are not too late to buy when the date of the ceremony is approaching, while other things such as fruit, wine, sugar, tea, jewelry, silk, satin, gold, jade, and playware can be bought in advance. .

After three days like this, the result of the combination of horoscopes came out. To the surprise of the two families, the two were actually the best marriage, a match made in heaven, and they couldn't be more suitable.