[5] secrets

message in a bottle --- the police

Everybody was awake except for JJ, the queen of sleeping in. 

"Hey, Maggie," Rick walked up the porch stairs, "have you seen JJ?"

"Yeah." She sassed, "still hogging half of my bed."

"Mind if I go wake her up?"

Maggie motioned, "be my guest."

"JJ." Rick loudly said, opening the door to Maggie's room. JJ didn't move. He shook his head, saying to himself, "you're still as bad as you were in high school." She stayed sprawled out in the middle of the bed, laying on her stomach with her face pressed against the pillow, drooling everywhere. "JJ, wake up." He smacked the extra pillow against her.

"What the hell, Rick?" She propped herself up on her elbows, her hair going every which way.

"Get up. We're going shooting. Making sure everyone knows how to properly handle a gun."

"I already know how to handle a gun. You used to make me go to the range with you and Shane all the time."

"It's been at least 5 years since we last went. So, get up and come on." He told her, beginning to walk off, "might wanna wipe the drool of your face, though. You might scare Carl."

JJ groaned, throwing the extra pillow at her brother as he shut the door behind him. 

♮♮♮
[JJ]

"Look who finally got up." Maggie announced from one of the rocking chairs as I walked out of the farmhouse. "I forgot how bad it was to share a bed with you."

"Shut up." I sassed, "but seriously, I can sleep out here tonight."

"Nah, it's fine. Reminded me of when we used to go down to Fort Lauderdale for spring break and have to share a one-bed motel room."

I stifled a laugh, "Cheapest we could find."

"But unless you want to sleep out here." She smirked. 

I crossed my arms, "why'd you say it like that?"

She gave me a 'seriously?' look, "the other night? When you said that school-girl crushes help take your mind off things."

"I was talking about you and Glenn."

"Right. Let's be real here. The dazed looks, the banter...everything that happened yesterday." Was she talking about Daryl? I raised an eyebrow, and when she noticed I wasn't catching on, she huffed, "Shane."

I slowly nodded, "Shane?"

"The tension is clearly there."

"Oh, the tension's there all right." I mumbled. 

"So, I'm right? You do like Shane?"

"What is this, second grade?"

"Hey, you're the one who said school-girl crushes are the best distractions." 

"For you." I told her, "I'll catch up with you later. Sheriff Tombstone over there is teaching us all about guns today."

Maggie chuckled at my reference, "good luck. Don't let Shane distract you." She winked. 

"Don't worry. I won't." I deadpanned, walking over to Rick and the rest of the group. "Hey, look who's up." I ruffled Carl's hair, standing next to him. 

"I'm learning to shoot today."

 I gave him an impressed look, "That's badass." 

"JJ." Lori warned about my language.