[55] east

last kiss --- pearl jam

♮♮♮
[POV]

JJ stood watch with Abraham as Rosita manned the gate. 

"Glad I took your advice." Abraham grinned. 

JJ rolled her eyes with her chin on her hand, "yeah, yeah, me too."

"Whoa, something happen?"

"Nope." She huffed, standing up straight, hearing Daryl's bike pull up to the gate. 

He didn't say anything to Rosita, but instead rolled the gate open himself. 

"Where are you going?" Rosita asked. 

"Out."

"No shit. You got specifics?" Abraham called. 

Glenn, Maggie and Michonne, who were listening from a distance ran over. Michonne and Glenn were quick to hop in the van as Abraham and JJ climbed down the ladder from the guard tower as fast as they could. 

"Whoa! Make room for my speckled ass." Abraham ran in front of the van. 

"No!" Rosita snapped. "JJ, cover my watch. You two stay."

"What the hell, I know where he's going." 

"Yeah, so do I."

"So, we'll both go." JJ angrily told her. 

Glenn spoke up, "Hey, we should keep numbers here."

"Do you want to stop Daryl, or not? I know where he's going." Rosita told them, jumping in the back of the van. 

JJ was about to join, but Glenn pleaded, "JJ, stay here."

"Seriously, you too?" 

"JJ!" Glenn snapped. "Please."

She bit her lip, angrily, stepping back from the van, "fine."

After she watched the van leave, she climbed back up to the top of the guard tower. 

Soon, word got out about Carol leaving. JJ listened in from above as Rick, Morgan, Abraham, Sasha and Tobin gathered below the tower. 

"Rick, I took over at 12:00, I was on till 6:00." Sasha informed, "I never saw anything."

Abraham chimed in, "Front's been quiet since the others left."

"What? Who?" Rick questioned. 

"Daryl. He went ICBM after the Saviors from yesterday. Glenn, Michonne, Rosita, they all went to shut that shit down."

"What about JJ?" 

"I'm up here, dumbass." JJ told her brother, annoyed with the world. 

Tobin looked out the gate, "where's the other car? We added two more cars yesterday. One of them's missing. The one we put right between those houses."

"You can barely see between the houses from up top, especially at night." Abraham stated. 

Morgan looked to Rick, "the note, can I see it?"

Rick ignored his request. "You never saw any headlights, any tail lights? She's smart enough to cover her tracks."

"She must've left during the shift change."

As Sasha spoke, Morgan walked off, gaining Rick's attention. "Where are you goin?"

"I'm gonna go find her."

"Wait." Rick called back. 

JJ unenthusiastically added, "she doesn't want to be found."

"What?" Rick looked up to his sister.