[24] 30 days without an accident

♮♮♮
[JJ]

It felt like a brand-new world. The prison yard was bright green, and the gardens were thriving. The people of Woodbury had settled in nicely and it seemed everyone was getting along just fine. 

I was looking out at the fence that was filling with walkers as I walked to the courtyard, passing Beth and her new boyfriend. 

"You goin' on the run today?" Daryl noticed me walking up to the truck, putting my stuff in the back. 

I nodded, "yep. Someone has to be the backseat driver."

"Mhm. Sure you give great directions." He sarcastically told me. 

"More like pick great music."

He rolled his eyes, "You don't have to ride in the truck if you don't wanna."

I fake gasped, "Do you want me to drive your motorcycle?" Daryl scoffed as an answer. 

"Never mind." He huffed. 

"Kidding." I grinned, "I think they could survive without my navigational skills today."

We looked over to Beth walking away with her boyfriend Zack asking, "You gonna say goodbye?"

"Nope."

"Like a damn romance novel." Daryl walked towards the back of the truck, carrying a box of supplies. We were about to leave but stopped at the gate after seeing Michonne. "Well, look who's back."

"Didn't find him." All of us were hoping she would. That Michonne would come back with the news that she finished off the Governor, or better yet, come back with his head on a stick.

Daryl nodded, "glad to see you in one piece." 

"I'm thinking of looking over near Macon." Michonne informed. "It's worth a shot."

"70 miles of walkers?" Daryl mentioned. "You might run into a few unneighborly types. Is it?" He looked to Rick, "I'm gonna go check out the Big Spot. The one I was talking about, just seeing."

"Yeah, I gotta go out and check the snares. I don't wanna lose whatever we catch to the walkers."

"I'll go." Michonne decided. 

Carl argued, "you just got here."

"And I'll be back." She smiled. 

"No backseat driving today?" Rick joked. 

I shook my head, "Figured I'd keep Daryl company. Maybe navigate for him." 

Rick snickered, "if you leave her, I won't blame you."

"Rick." 

"Just kidding." He looked off, "Stay safe."

"You too."

♮♮♮
[POV]

Daryl and JJ stood at the fences surrounding the store. Bob walked up, joining them at the fence. 

"Army came in and put these fences up. Made it a place for the people to go." Daryl told them, "Last week when we spotted this place, it was a bunch of walkers behind this chain-link keeping people out like a bunch of guard dogs.

"So they all just left?" Bob looked around. 

Sasha added, "Give a listen."

The sound of distant music. Courtesy of JJ. 

"You drew 'em out." Michonne realized. 

Sasha motioned to JJ, "It was JJ's idea. We put a boom box out there three days ago."