[51] knots untie

sweet emotion --- aerosmith

♮♮♮
[JJ]

It was nearly 4 in the morning before Daryl was able to sneak in. I had been in a light sleep, trying to stay awake until he back.

"Someone finally take over?" I asked as he quietly laid beside me. 

"What're you still doin' up? Figured you'd be snorin' by the time I got here."

I groggily rolled my eyes, turning on my side to face him as he put his arm under my neck. 

"I'm gonna tell Rick. About us."

"You gon' tell him about Spencer first?"

I scoffed, "I'm going to sleep." I turned back to face the wall. 

Daryl lightly snickered, getting closer and wrapping his other arm around me. "You know I'm kiddin'."

"I guess." I jokingly sighed, quickly falling asleep.

I hadn't been asleep for more than a couple of hours at most before Daryl and I were both startled awake by a thud from down the hall. 

We didn't think twice about it before pulling our guns and going out into the hall half dressed. 

It was Jesus in front of Rick and Michonne...who weren't dressed. At all. 

"Whoa!" I couldn't close my eyes or look away fast enough. "Can't unsee that. Nope. That is..." I huffed, "engraved in my mind. No getting rid of that image."

"The hell you doin' in here?" Daryl hadn't dropped his gun, despite everything. 

"I needed to talk to Rick."

I commented, "oh, so this couldn't wait until, you know, everyone had their pants on?" 

"Yeah, can we all just get dressed and then talk?" Michonne huffed. 

Still refusing to turn my head, I sarcastically agreed, "Wow, that seems logical."

"I'll wait right here." Jesus sat at the top of the stairs. 

"Yeah, you do that." Daryl snappily dropped his gun to his side.

As I closed the door behind me, I began to process everything. My jaw dropped. 

"What?"

"My brother and Michonne." I spoke quietly, not risking them hearing it through the walls. 

"What about 'em?"

"What about...since when?" 

"Why's it matter?"

"Wh-Why's it matter? My brother...and Michonne."

Daryl shrugged. "You're thinkin' too much into it. Figured you'd be more freaked out that he saw us."

My eyes widened. "Do you think he noticed?"

"Nah." Daryl sarcastically told me. 

"He probably didn't though, right?" 

"Come on. We have bigger things to worry about."

♮♮♮
[POV]

On the other side of the wall, as Rick and Michonne were quickly putting their clothes on, Rick also realized what he'd seen. 

"JJ and....not Spencer. Daryl." Rick looked across to Michonne. "When did that happen?"

Michonne's face deadpanned, "oh, come on. You're not serious right now." She noticed Rick's confusion. "You are?"