[41] forget

sweet child o' mine --- guns n' roses

♮♮♮
[JJ]

Rick had called another secret club meeting with Carol, Daryl and me. 

"I don't see it, but it's close. There's just one of 'em." He told us after checking for walkers.

"We won't be here long." Rick put his hands on his hips, "So, what do you think?"

"We can go in when it's empty." Carol stated.

"How's that? It's locked up at night."

Carol shrugged, "the window. There's just a latch. I can leave it open."

"A latch?"

Carol nodded. 

"What if one of those pricks shuts it?" Daryl questioned. 

"Wait a couple of days, leave it open again."

I looked over my shoulder, hearing the leaves rustle nearby. "It's getting closer."

Rick went back to discussing the plan, "we need to do it sooner than later. Right now, they're not watching us. Not worrying about meetings like this. We may need the guns, we may not."

"We will whatever way it goes." Carol declared.

"They're the luckiest damn people I ever met. And they just keep gettin' luckier."

"How's that?" Daryl looked to my brother. 

"We're here now."

"Ego much?" I snarked. 

"They've got a couple of footlockers just full of 9 millimeter autos, Rugers, Kel-Tecs. Just tossed in there. They don't use them. They're never gonna know they're gone."

"Someone's got one now, right?" Daryl gestured over to the empty blender that once had my engraved gun. 

"Listen, the others, we want them to try." Rick went on. 

"You too." Carol's eyes moved to Daryl. 

"So, we keep it quiet. Just us." Rick motioned to the walker that had finally wandered its way over to us. "Here it comes."

Daryl was already taking his crossbow off, "I got it."

"Wait." I stopped, shooting the walker multiple times in the chest before one last headshot. I looked back to the three, "You said you were taking us out shooting. Couldn't go back with a full mag."

"Lucky he came by." Daryl looked to me. 

"We should get back. We'll pull the latch, pick our moment." Rick reviewed. "Us, we don't need to be lucky."

I had already tuned him out and moved on to new things. That being the walker I had just taken down. "What the hell is that?"

Daryl saw what I saw, and asked, "is that a W?"

"Yeah."

♮♮♮

Daryl split off from us before we got in the walls, then Carol went her way and Rick and I went back to the house. 

"Noticed that Fender in the living room."

I shot him a look. 

"You gonna play it anytime soon?"

I rolled my eyes, "Don't think I remember how to."

"Come on, you weren't out there for that long."

We walked in the house and were greeted by Maggie. "Where were you two? Deanna dropped by looking for you, Rick. She said she'd swing back by soon. She's supposedly hosting a party tonight...in our honor."