[16] when the dead come knocking

we're not gonna take it --- twisted sister

♮♮♮
[JJ]

The first thing Merle and his crew did when we got to their small town was separate the three of us. My hands were bound with duct tape behind my back in the chair I had been placed in. My mouth was gagged with an old bandana tied tightly behind my ears. 

I could hear Glenn being hit countless times a room over. I cringed every time a blow was heard. I controlled my breathing the best I could, but the gag made it difficult, especially when my heart started to race because of the door opening. 

"Well, well, Ms. Grimes. A little birdy let slip that you are Officer Friendly's little sister. Now, I know you weren't apart of that first group, but your brother handcuffed me to a roof and left me to the dead." So, that's what happened to Daryl's brother. Good going, Rick. I tried to speak, but it was muffled because of the gag. "Whoa, darlin'. I'll undo this for ya. Just hold on. Now, what was it you were tryin' to tell me?"

"The hell do you want from us?"

"I just wanna know where my baby brother is."

"Sorry, can't help you. I suck at directions." I mean...it wasn't a lie. 

"Well, see, I think you can." He forcefully put his only hand around my neck, just under my chin, "To my surprise your buddy in there didn't cave."

"And you think I will?"

"If you don't talk for me, you'll have to for the next guy. And he won't be as... understanding as I am."

"There's gonna be people looking for us." I sassed. 

Merle smiled, "Well, I'll bake 'em a cake with pink frosting. Would they like that? Ain't nobody comin'."

"Rick is. And when he gets here-"

"He's gonna do nothing, not if he wants the three stooges back."

"You can't take all of us."

"You think I'm in this all by myself?"

"No, I don't. But I don't think any of you compare to what we can do."

Merle smirked, "Is that so?"

"Let's just say, I'm pretty sure Rick's gonna do worse than handcuff you a rooftop."

"You've got some balls, girl." He laughed, "You know, you'd fit in just fine here."

I looked around, "an unfinished basement? Where'd you get the furniture, your mom's stand at the flea market?"

"Hey, keep in mind, that's Daryl's mama too." He pointed. "You know, blondes like you- just his type. I'd be surprised if he hasn't bagged you yet."

I shook my head, "he doesn't seem like the type."

"Yeah, well, your good ol' brother Officer Friendly didn't seem like the type to handcuff someone to the roof and leave 'em for dead, but here we are." He grabbed the chair, placing it in front of me and taking a seat, "you know, blondes aren't typically for me, but I could make an exception."

"Mm," I sweetly smiled, "I think I'd rather French kiss a walker."

"Well, that was kind of bitchy." He leaned in, putting the tip of his knife replacement of a hand at the seam of my shirt, slowly bringing it all the way up, tearing it open. 

"Seriously? I really liked this shirt." I huffed.  "Screw you, man."

"You wish."

"Actually, that's incorrect. I, in fact, do not wish to screw you." I smiled fake-ly. "Why don't you run back to whatever sewer you crawled out of and just leave us all the fuck alone?"

Merle put his one hand up in surrender, "hey, whatever you wish. But you're gonna regret not talking to me, sunshine."

"Yeah, I'm sure I will." I nodded, sarcastically.

♮♮♮

I heard commotion from outside of the place I was being held. "Glenn? Maggie?!" I shouted through my gag. It wasn't either of them who opened the door. It was the next interrogator. 

"So, you ready to talk, chica? Wanna tell me where your group's holdin' up?"

He might've been grosser than Merle. I felt exposed with the giant rip down the middle of my shirt, and the guy with the backwards hat made it obvious he wasn't upset by it. 

"Not really."

"If you're not gonna talk, we can always do something else. Your choice, doll face."

In that moment, I was really glad Rick and Carl forced me to go to the movies with them every time a new superhero movie came out. Cause the second he started to get a little too friendly, I pulled out some comic book-movie ass move. Not to boost my own ego or anything, but it was a move that Natasha Romanoff herself would've been proud of. 

I was able to break the chair I was sitting on up against the wall, freeing my legs. He came at me, harshly pinning my shoulders to the ground. It was definitely going to leave a bruise on my shoulder blade. I wriggled my way farther down to where I could I knee him in the crotch, which caused him to sit back in pain and allowed me to get the upper hand. Sure, my hands were still tied behind my back and my mouth was still gagged, but I used my lower body strength to my advantage. Well, and my heeled boots. 

While he was distracted by the pain, I drove my heel into his side, earning an open slot for me to make my move. I was able to wrap my legs around his neck to put him in a chokehold, crossing my ankles to tighten the hold. 

Score for JJ. 3-0.

The doorknob twisted, and I honestly didn't think I had the strength to do that again. The people in the movies made it look easy. There was no way I'd come out without a scratch. I was already sore as hell, but I prepared myself for what I might have to do next...or what might happen to me when whoever was opening that door saw what I did to their buddy. 

Luckily, I recognized the one who opened the door.