[60] sing me a song

piano man --- billy joel

♮♮♮
[POV]

Carl had outsmarted Jesus. His dad was away, so he took it as his opportunity to sneak to the Sanctuary. He was determined to kill Negan. 

Carl hid in the back of one of their trucks that had just made a supply run. Jesus had jumped out first to show Carl, not realizing that Carl wasn't planning on following his lead. He rode, crouched behind some boxes filled with supplies, the whole way to the factory that the saviors called home. 

When the truck came to a stop, one of the men jumped in the back, eager to unload the box of beer first. The bottom of the carboard fell open, dropping every glass bottle to the ground, leading him right in sight of Carl. 

"What the hell?"

Carl jumped up, rifle in hand, shooting at the saviors. "Stay back! Drop your weapons." He stood steady on the back of the truck. "I only want Negan. He killed my friends. No one else needs to die."

Negan whistling, finding Carl amusing rather than frightening. "Damn. You are adorable. Did you pick that gun 'cause it looks cool? You totally did, right? Kid, I ain't gonna lie- you scare the shit out of me."

When he went to shoot, Dwight tackled him from the side, holding him to the ground. 

"Dwight." Negan said, calmly. "Back off." After Carl's weapons were taken, Negan outreached his hand, "Is that any way to treat our new guest? Come on, kid. I'll show you around. You know, you do the same damn stink-eye as your dad, except it's only half as good, because, well, you know...you're missing an eye." 

Carl continued to sit in silence, rejecting Negan's helping hand. 

"Really? You're really not gonna take my hand? Cause you're lucky you even still have a hand. Same as your boy Daryl over there, now that I think about it." Negan looked over to Daryl, who leaned against the fence. "How's the job going, Daryl? Hot enough for you? Yeah, it'd be tough with one arm."

Negan hinted, giving Carl another opportunity to take his hand. Thankfully, he did. 

"Ah, smart kid. Now come with me. Dwighty boy, why don't you grab Daryl, take him to the kitchen, do a little grub prep. New plan, boys. Let's burn the dead, unload the truck later. Damn, I am not gonna have time to screw any of my wives today." Negan huffed. Then, realizing Daryl was still at the fence, he smirked, "I mean, maybe one."

He grinned as Dwight took Daryl inside. "Come on." He told Carl. 

"What are you gonna do to me?" He questioned.

"Number one, do not shatter my image of you. You're a badass. You're not scared of shit, don't be scared of me. It's a disappointment. Number two...you really want me to ruin the surprise? Screw you, kid. Seriously. Screw you."

♮♮♮

"Ladies." Negan greeted as he entered with Carl by his side. It was no shock that Carl's arrival sent JJ into immediate panic. "Don't mind the kid."

Carl looked uncomfortable, and so did his aunt. 

"I know. Every woman where you're from dresses like they do the books at an auto shop. You're gonna want to look at their titties. It's cool. I won't mind. They won't mind. Knock yourself out."

"What the hell, Negan? What is he doing here?" JJ glared. 

Negan smiled, "whoa, don't look at me like I did anything. Go ahead, kid, tell her why you're here." JJ looked confused, moving her head from one to another, waiting for an explanation. "Go on."