[57] the day will come when you won't be

i won't back down --- tom petty

♮♮♮
[POV]

Negan's bat landed on Abraham, choosing him as the night's victim. But he didn't go down easily.

"Oh, look at that! Taking it like a champ!" Negan shouted as Abraham insisted on sitting back up. Blood poured down his forehead, but he managed to choke out, "Suck...my...nuts." Then, he was hit again, and again, and again.

The whole group couldn't bear to watch.

"D'you hear that?" Negan mocked, "He said, suck my nuts." He chuckled as he continued to bash Abraham's skull into the ground. "Oh, my goodness! Look at this! You guys, look at my dirty girl."

Negan waltzed over to Rosita, holding his bat in front of her face, "Sweetheart, lay your eyes on this. Oh, damn. Were you- were you together? That sucks. But if you were, you should know there was a reason for all of this. Red-- and hell, he was, is and will ever be red, he just took one, or seven or eight for the team! So, take...a damn look. Take a damn look!"

As he shouted at Rosita, Daryl decided to lunge and punch Negan in the face. And as Negan's men threw Daryl to the ground, JJ's heart fell to her knees.

"That...oh, my! That... is a no-no. The whole thing- not one bit of that shit flies here."

Dwight pushed one of the men aside, holding Daryl's crossbow to his temple, "Do you want me to do it? Right here."

"No, you don't kill them..." Negan told Dwight, "Not until you try a little."

Dwight then dragged Daryl back into the line as Negan stood up. "Any anyway...that's not how it works. Now, I already told you people, the first one's free, then- what'd I say? I said I would shut that shit down! No exceptions. Now, I don't know what kind of lying assholes you've been dealing with...but I'm a man of my word. First impressions are important."

"I need you to know me. So...back to it." Negan turned around, bashing Glenn twice.

He also managed to somehow sit back up. As Maggie sobbed, JJ turned away, choking back more tears.

"Buddy, you still there? I just don't know. It seems like you're trying to speak, but you just took a hell of a hit. I just popped your skull so hard, your eyeball just pepped out, and it is gross as shit."

"Maggie... I'll find you." Glenn stuttered out his last words.

"Oh, oh, hell. I can see this is hard on you guys. I am sorry. I truly am. But I did say it." Negan grinned, "No exceptions," and took even more hits at Glenn. Until, eventually, there was just the stain of blood splattered across the ground.

"I'm just getting started." Negan stated in between swings. "Lucille is thirsty. She is a vampire bat."

♮♮♮
[JJ]

"What? Was the joke that bad?" Negan smirked.

My brother slowly looked up, sweat soaking his hair. "I'm gonna kill you."

Negan knelt in front of him. "What? I didn't quiet catch that, you're gonna have to speak up."

"Not today...not tomorrow...But I'm gonna kill you."

"Simon...what did he have, a knife?" Negan refused to break eye contact with Rick.

"He had a hatchet."

"A hatchet?"

"He had an ax."

Negan chuckled. "Simon's my right-hand man. Having one of those is important. I mean, what do you have left without them? A whole lot of work. Do you have one? Maybe one of these fine people still breathing? Oh...Or did I..." He mocked. "Sure, yeah. Give me his ax."