[6] pretty much dead already

it's the end of the world as we know it --- r.e.m.

[JJ]

"Mornin', Maggie." I greeted. Maggie remained quiet. "Good mornin', JJ. How did you sleep?" I mimicked. "Fine, thanks for asking." I was ignored. She slowly shook her head, crossed her arms and stared down Glenn. "Whoa. What happened? Lover's quarrel?" I joked, causing her to drop her arms and go in the house. "What? I thought it was funny."

Didn't really want to be around Bad Mood Betty, so I went out and joined the group. 

"Mornin' guys." I greeted the same as Maggie. 

"Did you know?" Rick snapped. 

I was taken back, "what is with the attitude this morning? Is 'Good Mornin'' really that hard to say?"

Rick huffed, rolling his eyes, "did you know about the walkers in the barn?"

There's walkers in the barn?

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Maggie said JJ didn't know." Glenn told my brother. 

So that's what she was pissy about. 

We went down to the barn and Shane looked through the cracks, "you cannot tell me you're all right with this." He stomped past Rick.

"No, I'm not, but we're guests here. This isn't our land."

"Gah, this is our lives man!"

"Lower your voice." Glenn warned Shane. 

Andrea agreed with Shane, "we can't just sweep this under the rug."

"It ain't right. Not remotely." I can't say I disagree with Shane. I mean, why the fuck were there walkers in the barn? But Rick was right. It was Hershel's land. "Okay, we've either got to go in there, we've got to make things right or we've just got to go. We have been talking about Fort Benning for a long time."

"We can't go."

"Why, Rick? Why?"

"Because my daughter is still out there."

"Okay," Shane rubbed his face, frustrated with Carol's hope. "Okay, I think it's time that we all start to just consider the other possibility."

"We're not leaving Sophia behind." Rick decided. 

"I'm close to finding this girl. I just found her damn doll two days ago."

"You found her doll, Daryl. That's what you did. You found a doll."

"You don't know what the hell you're talking about!" Daryl snapped back. 

Rick stood in between them, but it didn't stop Shane from continuing to be an ass. "I'm just saying what needs to be said. You get a good lead, it's in the first 48 hours."

"Shane, stop." Rick tried. 

He kept going, just getting more riled up, "Let me tell you something else, man. If she was alive out there and saw you coming all methed out with your buck knife and geek ears around your neck, she would run in the other direction."

That's when it got worse. The amount of testosterone shared between the alpha male wannabes was polluting the air. And the worst part was, I found myself caught in the dead center of it all. Sure, Rick was doing his best to keep Daryl and Shane apart, but it wasn't like it was doing any good. 

I ended up getting shoved to the ground by Shane, scraping my palms. "Shit." And whether he meant to or not, the second I got up, he earned a sucker punch to the jaw. I shook my hand off, "fuck, that hurt."