[34] four walls and a roof

G.T.O --- ronny & the daytonas

♮♮♮
[POV]

Sasha had grown concerned about Bob, so she and a few others had gone out to look for him. When they didn't find him, she walked up to Gabriel in a threatening manner.

"Stop." All eyes were on the two of them. "What are you doing?" Gabriel didn't answer, so Sasha repeated herself, "What are you doing? This is all connected. You show up, we're being watched, and now three of us are gone."

"I- I don't...I don't have anything to do with this." Gabriel defended, looking to he group. 

Sasha pulled her knife and some of the others moved to stop her. 

"Don't!" Rosita shouted. 

Tyreese also told her, "Sasha, put it away."

She didn't listen. Instead, she continued to question Gabriel, "Who's out there?"

Gabriel held his hands up in defense, "I-I-I don't have anything to do with this."

"Where are our people?"

"I-I don't have anything-"

"Where are out people?!" Sasha's voice echoed through the church. 

"Please, I don't have anything to do with this." Gabriel pleaded. 

Sasha finally backed off to let Rick take her spot. 

"Why'd you bring us here?"

Gabriel looked around for help from the others, "please, I-"

"You workin' with someone?"

"I'm alone. I'm alone. I was always alone."

"What about the woman at the food bank, Gabriel? What did you do to her?" Rick quoted what he and Carl had found scratched on the outside of the church. "You'll burn for this. That was for you. Why? What are you gonna burn for, Gabriel?" Rick grabbed the priest's collar. "What did you do? What did you do?!" 

Gabriel's eyes became watery and he became nervous, "I lock the doors at night. I always lock the doors at night." He broke into tears. "They started coming, my congregation. Atlanta was bombed the night before and they were scared. They were looking for a safe place, a place where they felt safe. And it was so early...so early. And the doors were still locked. You see...it was my choice."

The group listened to what Gabriel had to say. There was silence from all but him. 

"There were so many of them and they were trying to pry the shutters and banging on the sidings, screaming at me. And so, the dead came for them." Gabriel cried, "Women, children...entire families calling my name as they were torn apart, begging me for mercy. Begging me for mercy. Damning me to hell. I buried their bones. I buried it all. The Lord sent you here to finally punish me." 

Gabriel fell to the ground, crying, "I'm damned. I was damned before. I always lock the door. I always lock the doors."

JJ was distracted by movement outside the window. "Hey, there's-" Maggie and Glenn joined her. "There's someone outside. Lying in the grass."

It was Bob. 

The group hurried outside to defend Bob from the walkers. 

"His leg." Maggie noticed the absence of Bob's leg. 

"Get Bob inside, we'll handle it." Rick said as the rest of the group fought off the swarming walkers. 

On their way back in, JJ noticed the blood painted A on the side of the church. She looked down to her hand, which was still wrapped in the bandana.