[50] the next world

call me the breeze --- lynyrd skynyrd

♮♮♮
[POV]

JJ woke up to Carl's therapy session, which was a tennis being thrown against the wall and the sounds of More Than a Feeling coming from Rick's room. 

"Ugh, Carl." JJ loudly groaned, hearing Rick and Michonne laugh through the wall. 

"What?" He argued back. "Denise says it's PT." 

"What was that? I can't hear you. Come on out." Rick called. 

JJ huffed, getting out of bed and opening her bedroom door. "What?" She leaned against the frame with an unpleasant look across her face.

Rick snickered, "wasn't talking to you. I was talking to-"

"What?" Carl interrupted. 

"Denise says this is PT." He and Rick spoke at the same time. 

"You heard me."

Michonne smiled, "Yeah, it's time to change your bandage. And I need to borrow some toothpaste."

"Okay, but I'm out of toothpaste." Carl tossed the tennis ball to him. "Bye, Dad."

"I'll see you later."

JJ waved to her nephew before asking the other two, "You guys seen Daryl yet? He was out pretty early this morning...or at least I think he was. I'm not really sure...you know, cause he sleeps downstairs and we, uh- I sleep up-" JJ cleared her throat. 

Michonne bit her lip to hide her smirk, which Rick noticed, "what?"

"Oh, nothing."

"No, what?" Rick noticed JJ rolling her eyes at Michonne. "Is there something I don't know about?"

JJ shrugged, "I'll be downstairs if you need me."

"You three be careful out there today." Michonne called as JJ bounced down the stairs.

"Is anyone ever gonna fix this hole in the wall?" JJ questioned, judging the blood-stained hole. She was waiting on Rick to come down and Daryl to get back. "It still kind of haunts me." She told herself. "Plus, the stairs are still missing a spindle."

"Hey." Daryl walked in. "Y'all ready?"

JJ turned, smiling, "Yeah."

"Lookin' at that hole again?" Daryl motioned. JJ nodded. "Never told me what happened."

"Oh," JJ looked back at it and nonchalantly told him, "I stabbed a guy with that piece of the stair rail."

Daryl nodded, calling up the stairs, "Rick! You comin'?" 

"Y'all go on. I'll meet you at the gate."

♮♮♮

"You were out early this morning." JJ stated as she and Daryl walked out of the house to get the car. 

"Figured that's what you wanted. 'Til you decide to tell Rick anyways." He answered. 

JJ shrugged. 

"Hey." Daryl called to Denise. 

"Yes?

Daryl held out the list she had given him, "this thing at the bottom. You're talking about the drink, right?"

"I am, but..." Denise fidgeted. 

"It's not medical."

"No, I drew a line between the important stuff and that. I just figured, if you saw it."