[59] service

iris --- the goo goo dolls

♮♮♮
[POV]

JJ looked different. Her hair had been bleached back to all blonde rather than the black streaks that had been running through it, per Negan's request. Her nails had been painted a bright, warm pink, which matched her lips perfectly. The mascara had made her blue eyes pop even more and she smelled like fresh laundry hanging to dry on a summer's afternoon. JJ couldn't remember a time that she ever looked as such. Even on prom night, she stuck to deep reds and black accents. She'd never been one for a bright, preppy style. 

Negan's room was extravagant, filled with all the luxuries, and he had shared it with his newest fiancé. JJ felt disgusted and embarrassed, but Daryl mainly occupied her thoughts. She hoped and prayed that he was okay. 

"JJ." Katie greeted. "Good morning. I brought you a warm croissant with butter." She sat the plate beside the bed, moving to draw back the thin curtains. "Being Negan's wife comes with perks."

JJ moved the sheets to cover herself as she sat up. "Why are you here?"

"Because I'm bringing you breakfast."

"No." JJ scoffed. "Why are you here? As one of his own personal dolls."

"Wives." Katie calmly corrected. "And I'm here because I want to be. Negan chose me."

"You're full of shit. You wouldn't even let Jimmy fill in for Marcy on drums just because he was a guy. And now...now you're being treated like last season's Playboy magazine."

"You're here because Negan wanted you to be. He chose you. You should be grateful."

"Grateful for what? Living like a 14th street hooker? I'll pass."

Katie took a deep breath in, knowing she had the upper hand, "Do that, and you'll go right back to pleading for whoever you came here with's life. Except this time, Negan won't be so forgiving." 

JJ quieted down. As much as she wanted to throw punches at Katie, she resisted. 

Once Katie noticed her retreat, she huffed, "We put your underwear, dress and heels in the bathroom. Don't take too long getting ready."

♮♮♮

The dress was red, per Katie's suggestion. She'd mentioned that red was JJ's trademarked color in the band. The dress hugged JJ and outline her curves well. The heels, which were similar to the other wives', were black and simple, but a pain in the ass to walk in. She much preferred her regular red, block-heeled boots, which were safe behind the walls of Alexandria. 

To make his presence known, Negan whistled as he entered JJ's room, standing next to Katie. 

"My, oh my." He grinned, licking his teeth. "You sure know how to dress up. Too bad I'll have to wait to undo that until after I get back." JJ remained quiet, secretly curious of where he was going. Negan saw it as an opportunity to taunt her. He leaned forward, lowering his voice, "I'm paying your brother a little visit today, checking out his progress."

She made eye contact with Negan.

"Now, what's that look for?" 

JJ didn't think she was giving a look. Negan smirked, noticing her uneasiness, "You wouldn't want to come with, would you?"

She briefly debated in her mind how she should answer. It could be a game to Negan. 

"You know what, no," Negan declared, "I've decided for you."

JJ's brow barely twitched.

"See, it just played through my head how your brother's gonna react to hearing that you've agreed to marry me to save Daryl. And that is something that I do not want to miss out on." She took a deep breath as Negan smirked and his tone became serious, "Now, listen...a little warning before we get there...your buddy Daryl's going with us. But if you so happen to look at him funny, I will make sure that you are the one to spoon feed him rat poison. Understand?"