[53] the same boat

hold the line --- toto

♮♮♮
[JJ]

"You are staying here." Carol told Maggie. 

The rustling of the leaves caught my attention first. When I looked, so did the others. It was a man, clearly a part of the group inside. I didn't hesitate. I fired the shot. 

"Damn it, you guys." I huffed, "Let's get out of here."

Maggie ran over to him, holding her gun to his head, "Not until it's done."

"Maggie." I hissed. 

"Stop!" A woman came out from around where the man had men, now holding Carol hostage. "...or she's dead."

I now had my sight on the woman holding Carol until I felt the same behind me. 

"Guns, knives on the ground right now." The woman ordered. 

Another appeared beside Maggie, eyeing me as I set my gun to the ground angrily. "Nice boots."

"For a murderous bitch." The woman behind me added. 

"Well, we'll take them off her before we shoot her."

The three of us shared glances, all of us trying to figure out how the hell we were gonna get out of this one. 

One woman helped bandage up the man, who I'd shot as another kept a close eye on the outpost. 

"It's Primo." She informed. I squinted, trying to make out the distant figures. It wasn't much luck. "Damn it, they've got him. Give me the walkie."

"Babe, what's happening?" The man asked, clearly short of breath. 

She ignored him, talking into the walkie instead. "Lower your gun, prick. You, with the Colt Python." That was most definitely my brother she was talking about. "All of you, lower your weapons right now."

"Come on out. Let's talk." My brother's voice came back through the walkie. 

"How many we got?" The older lady asked, also squinting to make out the figures. 

"Eight in sight. Too many." 

"No, we can take 'em. We took more." The man assured, earning a glare. 

"We're not coming out, but we will talk." She told my brother, looking back to us. "Names. Names!"

"I'm Maggie, that's JJ, 'n' that's Carol."

The woman went back to the walkie, "We've got a Carol, a JJ and a Maggie. I'm thinking that's something you want to chat about. Now, we're going to work this out right now, and it's going to go our way."

"You can see we have one of yours. We'll trade."

"I'm listening."

"First I wanna talk to JJ, Maggie and Carol, make sure they're alright."

The woman with the walkie held it out to us, warning us first, "I'm gonna put you on. You say you're fine. I'll know if you try anything else."

Carol was first. "Rick, it's Carol. I'm- I'm -I'm fine, but-"

She was pushed aside, the walkie put in front of Maggie next. "Now you."

"Rick, it's Maggie, we're all okay. We'll figure this-"

"Shut up." She looked to me, "Go on."

"Rick, it's JJ, and these morons are gonna be-" I glared as she walked off with the walkie.