[68] time for after

paint it, black --- the rolling stones

♮♮♮
[POV]

The five stood outside the Sanctuary, arguing about next steps.

"Our people are gonna be at the Sanctuary soon, asking for their surrender." Tara stated. 

Rosita sighed, "We're almost there."

"That's why we do it. We make it happen." Daryl encouraged. 

Michonne went over the plan again. "So we cover you with crossfire from the upper windows, you crash the truck into the walkers and through the building."

"Yep, crack it open. Savior buffet." Tara added, "You know the works will make their way up the stairs?"

"They're on the other side of the building. They should make it."

"You sure?" Rosita wasn't too convinced of the plan. She doubted Daryl and Tara's judgement, and so did Michonne. JJ was unsure of what to think. 

"They're on the other side of the building. After we do this, their only choice is to give up."

"It's risky. They could see the truck comin'." Michonne acknowledged.

"There weren't anymore weapons at the savior's warehouse, right? No more rockets for the RPGs. We work with what we got."

Morgan joined the group, going off of what Tara had said. "You got me. Other snipers too. Saviors see you comin', we got you covered. Whatever it takes. I want it done. I want them done."

"Good. So, we doin' this or what?" Daryl asked.

"W-why don't we just wait it out like we planned?" Rosita scoffed, "Michonne's right. What you're talking about is risky. Things could go bad."

Tara reminded her, "The truck with the speakers almost took all those walkers away. It almost did go bad. Something else could."

"Even if it don't, we don't got the Kingdom fighters no more. I mean, if the saviors wanna put up a fight, we don't got the numbers to make 'em surrender."

"That's why Rick's talking to the Scavengers."

"You got shot." Tara quipped. "They lied to us. You- you believe 'em now?"

"I believe in Rick Grimes." Rosita shot back, pulling JJ out of her thoughts. 

Tara walked up to her, "I could've done something sooner, to end this. I knew about those weapons at Oceanside, and I waited. I didn't do shit about it. With or without you, I'm not letting that happen again."

Rosita sat up from leaning against the truck, "then it's without me. I'm out."

"We got some cars parked near the east-side lookout. You can take one and go home."

"You two staying?" Rosita questioned Michonne and JJ before heading off. "You're good with all this?"

"I helped get this started. Got to see it through."

"You think it's easier to come out here and risk than to stay back there and wait. I get it- I used to believe that too. Thing is, sometimes, we just have to wait. Sometimes you don't get to know. I just wish it didn't take seeing Sasha walk out of that coffin to realize it."

With that, Rosita walked off. 

Michonne thought, looking to JJ, "you should go too."

Her eyebrows furrowed as she crossed her arms, "what? No."

"JJ, just go."

"No." She calmly answered again, but she was quickly becoming frustrated with Michonne.