[9] judge, jury, executioner

school's out --- alice cooper

♮♮♮
It'd been a week
. JJ felt relief when she saw Rick and Shane drive off with Randall. He'd been gone for good at the end of the day, or so she thought. When the two returned with Randall that night, she felt sick. She couldn't tell if she was worried, angry, disgusted or just embarrassed. 

Daryl was given the job of interrogating the college boy, and he was doing a damn good job of it in JJ's opinion. She sat outside the barn doors listening in to everything that was being said. 

"I told you-"

"You told me shit!" Daryl sat him up against the wall after the multiple punches he'd thrown. 

"I barely knew those guys. I met 'em on the road."

"How many in your group?"

Randall was taking too long to respond, so Daryl threatened his knife, "No, no, no, no, no, come on, man."

"How many?"

"30, uh, 30, 30 guys."

"Where?" Daryl slammed his knife into the floor. 

Randall started panicking, "I don't know. I swear. We were never any place more than a night."

"Scouting? Planning on staying local?" Daryl held the knife to Randall's leg. 

"I- I don't know. They- they left me behind."

"Did you ever pick off a scab?"

"Come on, man. I'm- I'm trying to cooperate."

"Start real slow at first. Sooner or later, you just gotta rip it off."

Randall groaned, "okay, okay, they have weapons. Heavy stuff, automatics. But I didn't do anything."

"Your boys shot at my boys, tried to take this farm. You just went along for the ride? You're trying to tell me you're innocent?"

"Yes!" Randall snapped, "these- these people took me in. Not just guys, a whole group of 'em. Men and women, uh, kids too. Just like you people. Thought I'd have a better chance with them, you know? But we go out, scavenge- just the men." Daryl took a step back, "One night, we found this little campsite. A man and his two daughters- teenagers, you know? Real young. Real cute. Their daddy had to watch while these guys- they- and they didn't even kill him afterwards. They just- they just made him watch as his daughters. They just- just left him there. No, but- but I didn't touch those girls. I swear!" 

Daryl didn't let him finish. He ended his sentence with a kick to the abdomen. 

"Please, please you gotta believe me man. I'm not like that. I ain't like that."

Daryl figured he'd had enough and walked out of the barn, being stopped by JJ. 

"Daryl, wait." She stood up, brushing off the back of her legs from where she was sitting on the ground. "He's lying."

♮♮♮
[JJ]

"The hell you talkin' bout?"

"I just...can I talk to him?"

 Daryl scoffed, "You're out of your damn mind."

"Let me rephrase." I snapped, "I am going to talk to him."

He reluctantly opened the barn door again, glaring, "just don't come out crying cause he said somethin' that hurt your feelin's."

"No, man, please, I can't stand anymore." Randall closed his eyes, laying on the floor.