[32] no sanctuary

maneater --- nelly furtado

♮♮♮
[POV]

Terminus had taken the groups hostage. Rick, Carl, Michonne and Daryl were the last to join Sasha, Bob, Maggie, Glenn and the four unfamiliar faces in the train car.

"They seemed nice enough, but I was ready to go." Abraham spoke as the twelve prepared for whatever was about to happen. "We'd just got here, but damn, it was time to go. When I told 'em about DC, a wink and a nod from the head asshole in charge, they pulled their guns, and it was right back to our regularly scheduled shit storm."

Sasha looked to Rick, "Before they put you in here, you didn't see Tyreese?"

"No." Michonne answered her.

Daryl told Maggie about Beth, "Black car with a white cross painted on it. I tried to follow it. I tried."

"But she's alive?"

"She's alive."

"And JJ?" Maggie asked. Rick, Carl and even Daryl remained silent.

Carl was the first to speak up, "She went back for Judith. They didn't make it."

Daryl nodded, "She went in right before the building fell."

They went back to creating makeshift weapons in comfortable silence, trying to listen in to whatever was going on outside. Daryl stood by the door, looking out the tinniest opening, "All right. Got four of them pricks coming our way."

"Y'all know what to do- go for their eyes first. Then, their throats." Rick reminded.

"Put your backs to the walls on either side of the car. Now!" There was an opening in the roof, where a smoke grenade was dropped in.

♮♮♮

The Terminus men took Rick, Daryl, Glenn and Bob from the train car, lining them up with four other men. It was Sam, the man Carol and RIck had met earlier on a run. They men went down the row, beating them with a bat once before slitting their throats and letting their blood drain through the tub.

Gareth, the leader, walked in with a notepad, "Hey, guys. What were your shot counts?"

"38." One of the men answered before hitting another victim like it was nothing.

Glenn was next.

"Hey!" Gareth stopped, looking to the other man doing the dirty work, "your shot count?"

"Crap, man, I'm sorry. It was my first roundup."

Gareth sighed, "After you're done here, go back to your point and count the shells. Kaylee won't be gathering them until tomorrow."

"Hey! Hey, let me talk to you!" Bob muffled through the gag tied around his mouth.

"Four from A? Four from D?" Gareth wrote.

"Hey! Let me talk to you for a minute."

Gareth removed Bob's gag, "What?"

"Don't do this. We can fix this."

"No, we can't." He went to pull the gag back up.

"You don't have to do this!" Bob stopped him, "we told you there's a way out of all this. You just have to take a chance. We have a man who knows how to stop it. He has a cure. We just have to get him to Washington. You don't have to do this, man. We can put the world back to how it was."

"Can't go back, Bob." Gareth lifted the gag back despite Bob's protests.

He moved on to Rick, removing his gag, "we saw you go into the woods with a bag and come out without it. Had to pull one of my spotters back before we could go look for it. What was in it?" Rick glared, saying nothing. "You hid it, right? In case things went bad? Smart. Still, we'll find it. But it's too dangerous to go out there right now." He brought Bob's face to the tip of his knife, "what was in it? I'm curious. And it was a big bag... You really gonna let me do this?"