[43] conquer

heat of the moment --- asia

♮♮♮
[JJ]

I went to visit Rick when I heard he had woken up. I was kind of nervous to see if he would be pissed at me or not. I mean, I did knock him out. 

Glenn, Abraham, Carol and I had walked in when Michonne was questioning him. "Where'd you get the gun?"

Carol quickly stepped in to cover our secret group's tracks. "You took it, right? From the armory? That was stupid. Why did you do it?"

"Just in case." Rick looked annoyed by it.

"Deanna's having a meeting tonight." I informed. "For anyone who wants to."

"To kick Rick out?" Abraham questioned. 

Carol deadpanned, "They can try." 

"We don't know that." Glenn shook his head. "Maggie's with Deanna right now. She went in as soon as JJ came out. She's gonna find out what it is."

"At the meeting, you say you were worried about someone being abused and no one was doing anything about it. You say you took a gun just to be sure that Jessie was safe from a man who wound up attacking you. You say you'll do whatever you want them to. Just tell them a story that they wanna hear." Carol insisted. "it's what I've been doing since I got here."

Michonne crossed her arms, looking to Carol, "Why?"

"Because these people are children and children like stories."

"What happens after all the nice words...and they still try to kick him out?"

Glenn looked to Abraham, "they're guarding the armory now."

"We still have knives. That's all we'll need to fight against them." Carol declared. 

"Well, tonight at the meeting, if it looks like it's going bad, I whistle. Carol grabs Deanna, I take Spencer, JJ grabs Reg, Glenn, Abraham and Michonne cover us, watch the crowd."

"We can talk to them." Michonne fought.

"We will." Rick assured. "If we can't get through, we take the three of them and say we'll slit their throats."

"Like at Terminus?" Glenn questioned.

"No, we just tell 'em. They give us the armory, then it's over."

 I huffed, "Did you want this?"

"No. I hit my limit. I screwed up. And here we are. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna sleep some more."

I watched as the others left, but I stayed behind. "I'm with you. But this-" I referred to him, "this isn't it."

"So you would've just let him keep beating Jessie? You're telling me after all you've been through that you would've let that happen?" He asked in disbelief.

I shook my head, "no, I would've killed him. But not tried to in front of the community. I would've taken him out, put a pillow over his face, suffocate him, then put him at the end of the stairs and hit his head against the floor. An accident, if you will."

Rick smirked, shaking his head, "Damn."

"Yeah, damn. So, the next time you want to act like a complete dumbass, come talk to me first."

"Okay." He agreed. "I can't believe you hit me over the head."

"That was for you, not them." I told him. 

He scoffed, smiling, "hell of a punch."

"It was intended to be."

♮♮♮