[Prologue I: Wait! I'm A What Now?!]

A/N: It has been many month since I last updated, had to deal with some personal problems giving me no time for my stories, Arknights: Genesis will be put on hold for the foreseeable future as I might try to rewrite it.

Anyways the new story will take place in the 17th century, the mc will not be overpowered and will start from scratch with whatever power, knowledge and technology available for him to use.

Expect a lot of crazy tech from games or franchises you might know, history being altered in varying degrees and the consequences of such changes, now then.... I hope you all will enjoy the new story.

》》》》》》》》》□《《《《《《《《《

(Lucian POV)

*Congratulations, candidate 072 if you're reading this, that means you are dead*

I blinked and looked blankly at the small but readable screen floating a half meter away from my face, I felt various feelings about whay I had just read yet surprisingly for me.

I wasn't raging or angry, sure I feel a bit sour from the unexpected revelation, yet somehow knowing I had dead didn't gave me any bit of anger, maybe because I had personally experience dying before I ended where I am now.

Yes, I did....and it wasn't a pleasant experience, I mean who would feel good from being killed by a suicidal bomber that just so happen to appear at the wrong when time I was passing by for work, and let me tell you all being near the center of that blast was painful.

The phantom feeling still present even when I am completely fine, gnawing at my consciousness, a reminder of what I had just been through was not a dream nor a hallucinations that my eyes and mind was playing on me......though it also confirm that what I am seeing and feeling was real as any sane or normal person can tell.

My thoughts on this matter was a mix of confusion and......slight panic, I mean it's not everyday you wake up to see some random screen to appear right infront of you after dying, usually those comes from that cliche anime trope my nieces and nephew watch and gush over.

I still shiver at the time when they acted like crying lunatics when they watched their favorite show and the character*cough* um, well you know....died unexpectedly, I wasn't able to have any decent sleep or rest for the whole night because of their crying and ended up getting late for work and get chewed out by my boss.

Never will I ever understand what made them obsessively love and adore how good anime was to the point they bough a lot of merchandise of their favorite characters and cosplays as them, just remembering.....ugh.....my nephew wear a ridiculous*shiver*......girlish outfit still haunts me to this day.

Anyways removing myself from that nasty memory, dying wasn't what I had expected it to be not that i am complaining since I'm alive again or somewhat, I can't really tell yet, so I just look back at the screen and continued the rest of message contents that I haven't finished looking at.

*Sad revelation, yes? Well no need to despair about for I had chosen you for a little project I had in mind, so rejoice Lucian Aristotle for your wildest desires shall be realized.*

Why did the last letters of those words remind me a certain fake priest from a franchise my nieces and nephews watch? What was the name again? Fate I think....I don't really know it had too many series for me to remember? okay enough contemplating I returned to reading the contents.