[Chapter 20: A War Beneath The Cosmos, Pt. 9]

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
(3rd POV)

"Huh? Who knew the boss is that good at attracting the ladies....I'm so jealous right now." Edward softly speaks as Charlotte turn to look at him with a deadpan look as though not believing that he's joking around, then again he's not wrong about one thing, Caelus being some sort of a magnet that attracts women to his side, especially right now.

It was funny to see Caelus who was now being clung to be a kansen maid with cat ears, said woman was clinging to him like he's a catnip, the kansen was snuggling to his chest as said person had an awkward smile, the serious look be had a while ago being replace by a more friendly yet also tired appearance as he stare at the maid.

"Now is not the time to be joking around Ed, though I'm surprise that the boss is well acquainted with several kansens he must have quite the reputation back in his original post." Richard says while musing to himself as he stare at their leader who look helpless under the tight embrace of the kansen that snuggling to him.

"He's a womanizer that's the only reason I could think of that explains how many kansens knew him." Lucia remark a scrutinizing look on her face as the rest sighed, knowing about the incident regarding between Lucia and Caelus as it has been spread for the past few days back at base before they left, Lucia can after all hold a grudge for a long time.

But thankfully she able to set aside any grievances she has with Caelus at work, she may short tempered and hot headed at times, she can still think rationally and be serious at work, otherwise she would have long been kicked out of the navy for her personality and behavior, a fact she was well aware of and try not to step beyond the line.

"Lucia don't be rude, just because theirs another person who knew him doesn't immediately make him a womanizer." Elicia chided towards Lucia who pouted which was cute but unfortunately the others couldn't notice because they are too focused with Caelus and the new kansen that had entered his office which was big enough to fit 50 people inside.

The place was neatly cleaned up and the aesthetics seemed to fit with his taste but that's mostly thanks to George V and the royal navy maids who were instructed by her to prepare the place up before his arrival, knowing how he's personality, taste and the fact he won't like to have a office somewhere up top.

"Cheshire let me go, this is getting a bit awkward." Caelus requested as he look at the familiar person he hasn't met for quite sometime, a part of George V retinue and likely the first kansen he'd summoned during their need for more, Cheshire was an imaginary warship a kansen that was only known on paper and never been built by the royal navy.

It was by chance he summoned her due to having seen the schematics of her ship and that having been the first thing he thought during the creation process, leading to Cheshire who from the moment she saw him, had cling to him like a baby cat would the first time they see their birth parents which was funny.

For the others during his previous work in the Atlantic, the young kansen had been very clingy to him no matter where he goes and couldn't look take a look away from him even once, she will always follow him and acted as his assistant, most of the time she's a cherry and energetic bundle that will cause all sort of things to distract him from work.

Thankfully George V and her maids are able to help him in keeping the kansen from causing trouble and not distract him with whatever sort of shenanigans she comes up, Cheshire wasn't neither a prankster or troublemaker but the way she shows her affection can often be a distraction for him, especially when she wants headpats, of course it always the headpats she's after.

"No! I miss owner so much I can't help it but I want to snuggle with you, Meow." Cheshire wasn't really a catgirl as her ears were merely ornaments but she do act like one, something that is a part of her personality from the moment she was created, perhaps it's because of the name given to her that influenced her to act this way along with her personality.