[Chapter 17: A War Beneath The Cosmos, Pt. 6]

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
(3rd POV)

"Thirsty?" Edward asked as he handed a glass juice towards Caelus who had been busy reading through various other files handed to him by the Chief Admiral after they had left the main base and started heading towards his base, they've been on air for nearly 10 minutes now and won't be long before they arrive at his new base, currently he just sat inside the plane with the others.

"Ah? Yes, thank you Edward." Caelus replied as he accepted the offer, Edward nodded before taking a seat beside him, arms crossed as he leaned on the back of his seat as he stared at the files that Caelus was reading with a curious gaze, Caelus didn't mind this since he would be handing the files to them later since they would need to know about it soon.

Taking a brief sip from the juice handed to him before flipping the next page of the file as he read, a slight twitch of his eyes as he comprehended the contents of the file, letting out a deep sighs as he noted various problems that had plagued the base during the previous admiral leadership, the reports says that some of the base equipments had badly deteriorated.

His change of expression was noticed by Edward quickly since he wasn't hiding it from him, making his chief engineer to wonder just what caused him to react like that as he decided to speak up about it after a minute of silence passed by. "So what's the problem boss? You don't seem to be in a happy mood right now?" Edward asked as Caelus turned to look at him before speaking.

"No I'm not, thank you for pointing that out, had you heard of the incident regarding out new base?" Caelus asked as Edward nodded a bit, he can tell that the man was given only the rundown of what happened to the base and likely the rest if they hadn't gathered some Intel regarding whay happened their before his assignment as the new leader of the base came to him.

"Yeah, though I had only know that the previous admiral had been caught with committing illegal activities and signs of corruption before he was arrested, other than that I don't know much of what truly happened there." Edward says as Caelus lightly hummed hearing this before he takes out a page from the file and then handed it towards Edward.

"That's just the basics you know.... Here read this and you'll understand why I'm in a relatively bad mood." Caelus replied as Edward curiously accepted the the before taking a look at it, seconds passed as silence briefly fell between the two with only the sound of the plane engines and the other's voices ringing at the back before Edward expression contort to that of disgust as he then says.

"What in christ name is this?! Attempted assault and murder, possesion of illegal drugs, unauthorized experimentation, smuggling, and so many more! How did this got unnoticed for that long?!" Edward asked alarmed and greatly appalled at the investigation report that was sent weeks ago before he had been called in to replace the now prisoned admiral who's rotting in highly secured prison by now.

It was understandable why he would be reacting this way, after reading through the entire report that was gathered up, Caelus was impress at the person who had been sent to investigate the base because if they hadn't discovered the previous activities of the admiral then more damage could've been done to the base and the people and kansens living there.

"The previous admiral was a typical son of a rich business man, who bribed his way to gain his position, somehow he had reach his way high up enough to be considered as an admiral, though his work with cut out short just two weeks after he was assigned to that base and then getting discovered for his acts." Caelus explained before taking another drink and then continued.

"Report says he's goals were the kansens of the base, likely thinking he could gain them to fulfill his perverse fantasy, not a rare case as most admiral both male and female had been caught to have similar goals just like him in previous years." He added, finding the entire thing to be ridiculous, he knew kansens are the epitome of beauty for every woman on earth which attracted some nasty people with not so good intentions for years.