[Chapter 31: A War Beneath The Cosmos, Pt. 20]

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
(3rd POV)

"That is everything we need before we'll head to the Philippines, anything you need to do before we leave, Caelus?" Michael asked looking at the luggage mostly from the kansens and Caelus which aren't that many, considering their destination I an important place to go.

Along with some resupply that they had gotten from the base who luckily had a large enough supply to keep themselves afloat for a few months even if they are to be cutoff since most of the base were in full operation compared to how run down the base was when he and the others when they had first arrived here.

Intrepid and Shinano battlegroup have gotten themselves prepared for the new assignment, being informed of the joint-operation that will happen on the Phillipines alongside other Azur Lane members who would be present for the major joint-operation in Asia since the last one which was over six months ago.

The kansens have quickly prepared and packed belongings that they needed and a few stuff to keep them entertained while they were away from base and that they were excited to see some old friends that they have known from the other factions present in the Phillipines.

Caelus have finalized much of the latest reports and tasks before he would leave and let Elicia manage the base while he was gone, though not before being called by the Chief Admiral Steven who questioned who he will leave his own base in charge to which he answers him.

Steven was relieve and also agreed with his decision given that he had known of some issues regarding Lucia, though not that major is still worrying even for him since it's his granddaughter he's looking over... though that isn't the only reason as to why he has suddenly called Caelus.

Steven had given him some important Intel regarding the join-operation and how Caelus would be the highest ranking representative of their faction, mainly because he has the largest fleet and most reputable admiral they have as the rest were of less skill and reputation not because they were incompetent but rather they have much lesser experience by a few years compared to Caelus who served longer.

Alongside Caelus own action during the Neuhaven Crisis which save many lives due to his quick action even before the Spectral appeared to save them, he had manage to prevent too much casualty and along with his quick thinking save other regions who bought Olhein AGIs.

As well as his fleets remarkable success in fighting a high class siren with few minor injuries and only the temporary loss of only one ship compared to others who fought Observer though weaker since she didn't have a giant machine like the Hydra Leviathan before had loss half or left their fleets unable to fight for several weeks due to there injuries, caught the attention of the other faction.

Given his remarkable records before he even became an admiral, and his good relation with other naval officers who were quite familiar with him and have a good impression was the reason they had chose him to be the leading representative of their nation during this major joint-operation in the pacific.

He was well experienced and have been part of various exercise and operations in the Atlantic to know what procedure would possibly happen in the east, Caelus had at least studied about Asia and the culture difference and every social function that are different to America or Europe due to their history.

Steven also inform him that he'll receive a reward ceremony back at HQ for his actions in the Neuhaven Crisis a days ago, once he returns from his current task as there were many influential people that wants to thank him for one reason or another that had saved them.

Just the usual procedure he know about whenever an admiral made a noteworthy achievement especially against the sirens who had invaded their nation which many were none to happy but glad that they've been kicked out and the damaged was mitigated.