[Chapter 19: A War Beneath The Cosmos, Pt. 8]

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
(3rd POV)

"You.... sure still have quite the appetite, George." Caelus says as he looked at the several empty dishes lying on the table, it's been nearly 2 hours since they started to have lunch, alongside the sleepy bunny eared girl named Laffey, said person is sleeping peacefully on the table, having fallen asleep again right after she ate several of the dishes he had made.

Fixing his gaze towards George V, who is wiping the small stain on her cheek while surrounded by several empty plates that were stack on each other, the amount of food she had was quite a lot, thankfully he still have lots of supplies left that could last for a week or two before running out, depending on how much dishes he'll decide to cook that is.

Luckily with the amount of budget they have and the items he could sell that were left by the previous admiral which don't have much use other than aethetic to make the manor good, he decided that 2/3 of it would be sold since even a rich person could tell that the amount of expensive decorations that are piling up in the manor was a bit too much.

"Well it's your fault that I can't resist the dishes you make, their too irresistible for me to not eat." George V replied with an innocent smile, Caelus sweatdrop slightly at hearing her word before shaking his head as he picked up all the dishes that had been ate, Sirius however was quite swift and took most of it before he could pick up the resist which he didn't mind at all.

"Thank you Sirius." Sirius merely smiled and nodded back in return, carrying the plates for her to clean up, Caelus decides to let her do her duty as a maid as he went over to the sleeping form of Laffey, the girl happily snoring quietly as he patted the young girls head, mind still wondering how did she ended up in his fridge even after the girl had explain it.

"I'm quite curious, how this girl got into the manor, and why inside the fridge of all places?" Caelus asked as he looked at George V who smiled sheepishly, indicating that she knew the reasons as to why Laffey was sleeping inside the fridge, he pulled a nearby seat and sat on it just as George V explained to him.

"Yeah.... about that, most of the base air conditioning systems are offline and in need of repair just like the rest of the base, so most kansens had a hard time handling the heat, Laffey is one of them and she is often found in fridges because of this problem." George V explained why scratching her cheeks as a blush sports on her face as though she was embarrassed for revealing this info.

"Okay, the base condition is getting much worse and worse the more detail she gives me about the place....what the hell did the previous admiral have done?!" He thought to himself, cursing the previous admiral for making the base condition to deteriorate this badly, Caelus feels the urge to find said admiral and beat him up for making his work more difficult.

"I'll need a full detailed report regarding the base condition later or tomorrow, if the others have finally assessed the rest of the base, *sigh* this'll be a headache to deal with." He added before snapping himself out of his thought as he looked at Laffey and then at George raising his hand to rub his forehead as he could feel the coming headache from what he had heard.

"Is their any other problem that I need to know? Other than the ones you've already spoken of? Because if there is then please do tell me now?" Caelus asked followed by a frustrated sigh as George V gave him an apologetic look, understanding his reaction since she'd been expecting for him to act this way to the news that she was going to reveal.

The base condition being bad was a big understatement of how much it had gone into disrepair for nearly a month, normally they would have lasted much longer even without continued maintenance and repair but the constant attack of the sirens and the ever changing weather in the pacific had affected the base badly for some of its facility to not even function properly.