[Chapter 12: A War Beneath The Cosmos, Pt. 1]

A/N: the Azur Lane Arc will start in the year 1939, history had already diverged since the American Revolution and the current tech base of humanity will have a mix between the 1940s and 1980s with a few advance tech harvested from the wisdom cube or siren tech spread across the world after their failed invasion, this will focus on different character so Lucian and the rest won't appear often.

Also Lucian two daughters if you all are ever wondering, they'll appear on the later chapters, this arc will be focused on Azur Lane, the Atlanteans will have some appearances it will be random, this will also likely be the longest arc I made so expect a lot of different POV. I'll create a special chapter that details the aftermath of the siren invasion alongside Lucian kids in the near future.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
(3rd POV)

Mankind had believed themselves to be the apex of the world, that they were the strongest species to rise and prosper upon the cradle that they call home, their birthplace from which they arose after millions of years of evolution, yet man is never united and we're always divided by their beliefs, ideals, and desires.

Conflict was not unfamiliar to mankind, since the rise of their species they had wage war amongst each other, from simple sticks and stones to guns and vast warmachines that burn the landscape of the world, it is a simple truth that none could deny, war never ends nor does it change even as many centuries passes by.

Even as mankind advance and innovate new wonders, so to did these wonders are turned into weapons of warfare, aimed at their own kind all because of their different beliefs and desires that continue to divide them, when the great war became a turning point in history that forever change mankind future when beings from beyond our world appeared.

They go by many names, yet the most common name they were known for were the "Sirens" beings of humane beauty but holds a deep wickedness within that seek only to exterminate mankind from the face of the planet, they never showed mercy even as mankind pleaded, only the cruel laughter was heard from them as they continously slaughtered millions of lives.

Heartless and apathetic, the siren drove mankind's forces out of the seas, their once mighty fleets sinking beneath the waves that they once had conquered yet now they stand helpless and weak as the sirens continued their slaughter, it was a hopeless battle that mankind could win as each hour they were driven back and all hope seemed lost.

When the invaders first came, mankind was unprepared and were left helpless at their continued assault across the world, mankind once conquered the sees now they were pushed back to the land from which they came, cities burned under the terrible might of siren that wielded technology that had surpassed most of what mankind had during the great war.

Yet mankind fought back.......but it was a futile effort for even as they took one down, hundreds more took its place, they were endless, they pour forth from gates connecting our world, while mankind lose more lives minute by minute, the sirens number continue to grow and overwhelm all of mankind's forces that tried to fight back against them.

Many lives where lost, it was a hopeless fight that would have seen mankind's future end, right there and now....but then hope came, hailing from beyond the stars themselves, a race known only as the spectrals came to save mankind from their impending annihilation, the sirens were no match for this new foe that had interfered in their war against mankind.